The yardage given is for a one-way design. Allow extra yardage for matching or centering a design on your fabric.
You can change the look of your bag depending on how many prints you use for your exterior. Option 1 utilizes my "Sari Blooms" quilting print as shown on the front cover. Option 2 uses one print for the exterior and Option 3 uses two.
The bag can be made using 44” wide quilting weight fabric OR 54” wide mid-weight Home Dec fabric. Please check the chart below for the amount required for the style you’re making.
INTERFACING / NOTIONS NEEDED (for all options)
• 20” wide fusible woven interfacing (I use Shape Flex® SF-101 from Pellon®). Please check the chart above for the amount of interfacing required. Make sure you prewash the fusible woven interfacing following the manufacturers instructions.
• 1/2 yard of 44” wide fusible fleece (I use fusible Thermolam® Plus from Pellon®)
• 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread (I use my Premium Threads from Rowan)
• 1 pkg of heavyweight sewing machine needles - size 16 (I use Schmetz™ jean/denim sharp point sewing machine needles - size 100/16)
• 2 pkgs of Magnetic Sew-On Snaps - size 13/16” (I use Dritz® brand)
• 1 12” all purpose zipper that coordinates with your Exterior Main Panel fabric (I use Coats brand)
Scissors, Straight pins, Ruler, Pressing cloth, Chalk pencil, Measuring tape, Iron and Ironing board, Fabric marker, Hand sewing needle, 1 sheet of wax-free tracing paper from Prym-Dritz®, Turning tool (such as a closed pair of scissors), Zipper foot for your sewing machine
Clutch - 13” wide at top (17 1/4" wide at the widest point) x 9 3/8" tall x 3 1/4" deep
Shoulder / Handbag - Same size as the Clutch with Handles; Shoulder Bag - 21 1/4" tall; Handbag - 15 1/2" tall