Must Have Pillows
Stylish & fun, the Main Panels of the "Get the Message" Pillow are made by piecing five different prints together and adding a cute tongue-in-cheek message on each side. You'll also love the extra styles; the "Patchwork" design uses three prints and the other simply uses two. All edged with decorative piping, these pillows will become the house favorites!
Materials List for all 3 pillow styles (makes 1 pillow)
Allow extra yardage for matching or centering a design on your fabric.
The pillows can be made using 44” wide quilting fabric OR 54” wide mid-weight Home Dec fabric, please see the chart below.
NOTIONS NEEDED (for all styles)
• 3 3/4 yards of (size 12/32”) cotton cording (from the home dec dept. in fabric stores)
• 2 (12 oz) bags of fiberfill
(I use Nature-fil™ PLA corn fiberfill. This is an all-natural premium product from Fairfield)
• 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread (I use my Premium Threads from Rowan)
• 1 pkg of heavyweight sewing machine needles size 16
(I use Schmetz™ jeans / denim sewing machine needles, size 100/16)
INTERFACING NEEDED (for the Get The Message Pillow only)
• 1/2 yard of 20” wide fusible woven interfacing (I use Shape Flex® SF-101 from Pellon®)
• 1/2 yard of 17” wide fusible webbing (I use Wonder-Under® from Pellon®)
TOOLS NEEDED (for all styles)
Scissors, Pencil, 24" quilting ruler, Chalk pencil, Straight pins, Iron and Ironing board, Seam ripper, Tracing wheel, Pressing cloth, Hand sewing needle, 1 sheet of wax-free tracing paper from Prim-Dritz®, Zipper foot (or pearl / piping foot) for your sewing machine, Rotary cutter and mat
Finished Sizes for all 3 pillow styles:
- 19” round x 3” thick