SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Beginner's Forum > Reviews of Online classes at PR ( Moderated by EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Reviews of Online classes at PR
A request
thaiyal
star
thaiyal
Beginner
ON CANADA
Member since 9/28/05
Send Message

Date: 12/10/05 8:26 PM

I see a LOT of classes offered at PR and looks like there are a lot of people who have taken these classes. When I looked at the class reviews, I couldnt find many reviews on the classes offered here.

It would be very helpful if there are some reviews about those classes here. If you have taken an online class offered by PR, could you please post a review? Pretty please?

Thanks!

ryan's mom
starstarstar
ryan's mom
Advanced
Member since 11/30/04
online now
Send Message

Date: 12/10/05 8:35 PM

I did a review of Jean Haas' class for the Dress Form and Pants Form classes. If you click on my user name and bring up my profile, you can click on my class review.

I have yet to do a review on Kenneth King's Zippered Welt and Shannon Gifford's Stitch and Flip, both excellent classes as well. Currently taking Shannon Gifford's Make a Muslin and Jean Haas' Personal Ease. Learning so much in those! I'm so busy right now in the Making a Muslin class that I don't have much time to do any reviews. That is keeping my busy to the nth degree.

On the side bar there is an button for Sewing Class reviews too. I'm sure you'll find lots of reviews there as well.

-- Edited on 12/10/05 9:36 PM --

------
Big 4 Pattern size 12, RTW bottom: 6, RTW jacket 8, RTW top (no size fits me well!)
Measurements: 34 HB/36 FB (34C bra)/27.5/36 (and working hard to keep it that way.)
Machines: Sewing: Elna 760, vintage Kenmore Model 33 (1967), Janome Gem Gold 3. Sergers: Babylock Imagine and Babylock Enlighten. Embroidery Only: Janome 300E. Coverstitch: Janome CP1000. Straight Stitch: Janome 1600P.

If you think your sewing is better than everyone else's around here, get out of my way b****. I hate sewing snobs.

My blog: www.phatchickdesigns.blogspot.com

GorgeousFabrics
starstarstarstar
GorgeousFabrics
Expert/Couture
USA
Member since 8/12/02
Send Message

Date: 12/10/05 8:41 PM

I was just about to post a link to a review I did of Kenneth King's soft bag class, but I realized I never reviewed the class, just the bag - which really was kind of a review of both. Sorry! I'll try to be more vigilant next time!

Thaiyal, is there a particular class you want reviewed?

Ann
-- Edited on 12/10/05 9:41 PM --

Georgene
starstarstarstar
Georgene
Expert/Couture
CA USA
Member since 10/5/02
Send Message

Date: 12/10/05 8:46 PM

I reviewed the Lingerie Techniques class, also excellent.

PVA
star
PVA
Intermediate
OR USA
Member since 3/28/04
Send Message

Date: 12/10/05 10:14 PM

I reviewed Shannon Gifford's Stitch and Flip class when she did it Jan/Feb '05. It should be accessible under Sewing Class Reviews. I also took her Build a Better Skirt class & really do need to do a review of that class, too. The Kenneth King Zipper Welt Pocket is another review I need to do.

Sew much fabric, sew little time!

Pat

------
PVA (Pat)  "A girl can't have too many scissors!"
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

thaiyal
star
thaiyal
Beginner
ON CANADA
Member since 9/28/05
Send Message

Date: 12/11/05 7:03 AM

Thank you very much for your replies. I'll check for your reviews. I am more of a visual person, and when I see that the lessons are usually a bunch of PDF downloads, I wonder if they are any different from reading the books.

I did find Pat's review of the Jacket class and the Lingerie Techniques class... Because I knew those names of the classes. I missed the Jean Hass class and the soft bags one because I didnt realise those were taught at PR.

I am interested in the 'Stitch and Flip Jacket' class, the 'blouse' class, 'make a muslin' class and the 'make a dressform' class. I'm planning to take two classes for the coming year.

PhyllisC
starstarstarstar
PhyllisC
Advanced
MA USA
Member since 8/2/02
Send Message

In reply to thaiyal

Date: 12/11/05 9:00 AM

Thaiyal - I think this woudl be a great pinnable topic - you should suggest that to Deepika.

Phyllis

------
Sewing = Fashion
http://coudremode.com/

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Irene Q
starstarstarstar
Irene Q  Friend of PR
Intermediate
NH USA
Member since 3/19/04
Send Message

In reply to thaiyal

Date: 12/12/05 11:36 AM

Quote: Thaiyal
I am interested in the 'Stitch and Flip Jacket' class, the 'blouse' class, 'make a muslin' class and the 'make a dressform' class. I'm planning to take two classes for the coming year.

I took Shannon Gifford's "Build a Better Blouse" class, and it was excellent! I was going to write up a review, but I forgot... The handouts were very detailed - lots of photographs - and Shannon was very quick to respond to questions on the message board.
thaiyal
star
thaiyal
Beginner
ON CANADA
Member since 9/28/05
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 12/12/05 1:31 PM

Thanks Irene. I 'll look forward for your review whenever you have time to write one.

Phylis, I'd love it if this is made into a pinnable topic where everybody can see this and post reviews on their classes taken at PR.

Liane M
star
Liane M  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 1/5/04
Send Message

Date: 12/13/05 4:40 AM

I'm taking the Make a Muslin class from Shannon Gifford right now. I highly recommend the class. I have not had as much time to participate as I had hoped, but that's the beauty of this kind of class. The instruction and the photographs are wonderful. This is not like a book at all. It is like having Shannon talking to you. Don't hesitate to take an online class. I can't wait for more of these classes.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Beginner's Forum >> Reviews of Online classes at PR

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

Altering Jackets
Altering Jackets

Register

Simplicity 2175

photo
by: Gatorbunny

Review
Simplicity 2872

photo
by: Ireland

Review
Sewing Workshop West End Top & Pants

Sewing Workshop West End Top & Pants

Buy Now
PerfectFuse Light Black

PerfectFuse Light Black

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.