SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Sewing Machines > Help with Babylock Imagine Serger ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Help with Babylock Imagine Serger
Upper looper won't thread anymore
Mrs. Trouble
star
Mrs. Trouble
Intermediate
Maryland USA
Member since 12/13/04
Send Message

Date: 12/18/05 3:49 PM

Has anyone else had this problem? All of a sudden my upper looper refuses to thread. The air pushes it about half-way through the looper then stops. I thought something was stuck in the looper, but I've been blowing air through it and there doesn't seem to be any obstruction. I've tried different kinds of threads and that doesn't help either. What could this be? I can't believe I have to take this to the dealer to be fixed. I am still working on Xmas gifts with it and I know I will never be able to finish now.

Bummer. Any suggestions would be great.
-- Edited on 12/18/05 4:50 PM --

------
Wherever you go, there you are.

CarolynGM
starstarstarstar
CarolynGM  Friend of PR
Arkansas USA
Member since 3/9/03
Board Moderator
Send Message

In reply to Mrs. Trouble
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 12/18/05 3:59 PM

My Babylock coverstitch had the same problem when I first got it. I took it back to the dealer, and they fixed it while I waited. Something was out of alignment in the threading path causing air to leak.

------
Carolyn

Mrs. Trouble
star
Mrs. Trouble
Intermediate
Maryland USA
Member since 12/13/04
Send Message

In reply to CarolynGM

Date: 12/18/05 4:29 PM

That sounds like what my problem is. It's almost as if it doesn't have enough "umpf" to get it through the other half of the looper. I don't think they are going to be as timely about fixing mine as your dealer was. The repairman only comes in one day a week at my store. Keep your finger crossed for me!

------

CarolynGM
starstarstarstar
CarolynGM  Friend of PR
Arkansas USA
Member since 3/9/03
Board Moderator
Send Message

In reply to Mrs. Trouble

Date: 12/18/05 5:24 PM

At the store they were able to thread the looper with a very long wire loop threader that came with an Evolve. Perhaps you got that same threader with your Imagine? If you have one, that could let you keep sewing until you can take your serger to the dealer. I wish I had one in case I ever have the same problem again, but they didn't sell those ultra-long threaders individually. Still, you might check with your dealer about a threader for a temporary fix.

------
Carolyn

Liane M
star
Liane M  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 1/5/04
Send Message

Date: 12/18/05 5:28 PM

My Evolve does this every once in a while. Do you have the long wire threader? If you do, push it through with the thread in it. It should work fine afterwards. This doesn't happen often. I imagine that a piece of lint may be stuck in the tube.

HTH

Debbie Cook
starstarstarstar
Debbie Cook
USA
Member since 4/11/02
Send Message

Date: 12/18/05 6:09 PM

Irina,
Those long wire threaders come with the BL Coverstitch machine too.

------
--
"I base my fashion sense on what doesn't itch." Gilda Radner
http://stitchesandseams.blogspot.com

Mrs. Trouble
star
Mrs. Trouble
Intermediate
Maryland USA
Member since 12/13/04
Send Message

Date: 12/18/05 7:09 PM

I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!!!

Turns out I do have a wire threader!! It was burried in one of the little plastic bags that came with my machine. I went back and threaded the upper looper by hand and made a monumental discovery: the subsidiary looper (a folding little lever that is normally off to the side and locked down) had somehow managed to come down and close off the eye of the upper looper, preventing the thread from feeding through. Once I realized this I looked at the manual and figured out how to re-lock the subsidiary looper into place and out of the way. PRESTO! Now my machine threads perfectly.

Thanks SO MUCH! You guys saved me an enormous amount of time and aggravation!

LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU!!!

Lauren

------

CarolynGM
starstarstarstar
CarolynGM  Friend of PR
Arkansas USA
Member since 3/9/03
Board Moderator
Send Message

In reply to Debbie Cook

Date: 12/18/05 8:34 PM

I didn't get one of those threaders, Debbie, with my coverstitch. Darn. I bought a floor model and checked the list of what came with the machine when I got home. I noticed a couple of things missing and went back for them, but I don't remember seeing the looper threader on the list.

------
Carolyn

Liane M
star
Liane M  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 1/5/04
Send Message

In reply to CarolynGM

Date: 12/19/05 6:18 AM

My floor model didn't have one either. I also went back to get the items that were missing from the list of included accessories.

Mary Beth Loup

Mary Beth Loup
Beginner
Maryland USA
Member since 12/13/02
Send Message

Date: 12/19/05 7:20 AM

I'm so glad to hear that your threading problem was so easily resolved; and not a problem with the jet air threading at all, just the subsidiary looper blocking the looper. That has happened to me, too. The only other problem I've ever had with the jet air was once I pushed down so hard on the lever that I broke it! Fortunately, it was a cheap and quick fix for the dealer. I do have the long wire threader but have never used it. Either my threads go through fine, or I make a thread cradle (that should be described in the manual) Have fun finishing your projects!
Mary Beth

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Help with Babylock Imagine Serger

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Altering Jackets
Altering Jackets

Register

The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Register

StyleArc Cosy Cardi

photo
by: sfshaza

Review
PerfectFuse Medium Black

PerfectFuse Medium Black

Buy Now
SewBaby Baby Doll Puppet Pattern

SewBaby  Baby Doll Puppet  Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.