SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Patterns and Notions > All time favorite pattern ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
All time favorite pattern
Which have you sewn the most?
Mbarkle
starstarstar
Mbarkle
Intermediate
Georgia USA
Member since 9/26/02
Send Message

Date: 6/7/03 6:57 PM

What pattern have you made the most?  Why do you like it?  How many times have you made it?

I have sewn KS 2315 at least 30 times.  I have all the sizes traced, I've used the girl's and boy's versions.  Twice a year I make 6 new sets of pajamas assembly line style.  I haven't made as many for dd, because she didn't wear pajamas for a couple of years, slept in her clothes instead.  I also use this as a basic t shirt pattern, even though I have the KS Toddler's book, so I make it up to go with overalls, etc.  

Can you believe I have never reviewed this one??   :)

Mary B

------
Mary B
http://rightsidestogether.blogspot.com/

Janie Viers
star
Janie Viers  Friend of PR
Advanced
Ohio USA
Member since 4/8/02
Send Message

Date: 6/7/03 10:17 PM

The Green Pepper polar fleece sock pattern and the polar fleece hat pattern tie for favorite/most made pattern  I have used them at least 100 times (I am not kidding) and see another 100 coming up this winter!  A free pattern I downloaded from Macaffee site for mittens has been used 30 or 40 times!   These never go out of style and are always useful and have every size from infant to "big ole man foot" sizes in the sock pattern!

------
JanieV

AnneM
starstar
AnneM  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Massachusetts USA
Member since 7/30/02
Send Message

Date: 6/8/03 1:56 PM

I have not made any particular pattern too many times - twice is the record, I think.  (Well, I did do the Green Pepper fleece socks 3 times, in 3 different sizes.)  However, I have made a simple 4-gore elastic waist skirt a couple of times, out of 2 different rayon prints.  It is one of the Simplicity "It's so Easy" patterns (no longer on their website).  And believe it or not, I almost always get compliments on them.  One was done with a matching top (as a 2-piece dress).  Anyway, it confirms my belief that the fabric makes the difference.  A simple pattern in a nice fabric is as effective as a more complicated pattern!

------
With a great wardrobe that's still in the flat-fabric stage.

NancyDaQ
star
NancyDaQ
Advanced
New Mexico USA
Member since 1/12/02
Send Message

Date: 6/8/03 3:07 PM

One of my current all-time favorites is Butterick 3163, which I have reviewed on this site and made many times. It's OOP under this number but it has been reissued. I like it because it's a basic skirt for "soft" fabrics but is not voluminous. I have modified it to a "one seam" version, so it's a no-brainer to make.

Another fave is Vogue 7333, which is Sandra Betzina's version of a basic pencil skirt.

I like the Kinenbi pant from the Sewing Workshop. I have "one seamed" it as well, so it's a quick pattern for elastic waist pants and capris.

Butterick 3124, another Sandra Betzina, is a nice basic knit top pattern I go back to again and again.

I have only made the full twin set once but I really like Kwik Sew's 2948. I can see making this up over and over. The shell top is simple and quick, and attractive on its own.

------
Now blogging at http://sewwest.blogspot.com

Karla Kizer
starstarstar
Karla Kizer  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/8/02
Send Message

Date: 6/8/03 6:04 PM

I've used the KS scrubs pattern to make work clothes so many times, I've lost count.  Now that my daughter is a nursing major, I'm making it twice as often.

Louise Cutting's Perfect Blouse and the Textile Studio Soho Pants are close seconds in the numbers race.  The fact that I use any pattern more than once is truly a compliment to it; I love trying new patterns.  Using one more than once must mean I really love it.

------
“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.” -Robert Heinlein and Ann's father. Thanks for the reminder, Ann.

Where are we going, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Matthew 25:40 (New International Version)
The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

SouthernStitch
starstarstar
SouthernStitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 8/24/02
online now
Send Message

Date: 6/8/03 6:06 PM

Mine would have to be Christine Jonson Taper/Wide Leg Pant, #824, and Sandra Betzina Today's Fit Pants, Vogue #7027.
Why? Great fit and instructions on both!  The CJ's have become my standard knit pull on pants pattern.  I've made them in various sizes to get different looks, and I plan to make shorts in the wide leg version.  The SB pattern took very little alteration, and all you have to do for a RTW look is add beltloops.   :D

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

When life gives you green velvet curtains, make a green velvet dress.

mudcat
starstar
mudcat
Advanced
USA
Member since 1/17/02
Send Message

Date: 6/8/03 6:59 PM

For pants, CJ's taper pants.  I think I've made about a dozen pairs.  Quick and easy to make.  Best fitting pants pattern I have (other than my custom one).

Next, is the TS Brussel's skirt.  Just made #8 (I think) yesterday.  Plus, I'm going to use it to make a variation I saw in Nordstorm's catalog.  I just need to find an appropriately light weight linen from my stash. Another quick and easy one that fits well and looks good dressed up or down.

~Alice

kittykate
star
kittykate
Intermediate
Ontario CANADA
Member since 12/18/02
Send Message

Date: 6/8/03 9:14 PM

kwiksew sweatpants

Basic pant pattern for boys/girls.  I've lost count.

I've also made at least 40 of these kwik sew skating dress  but that doesn't really count because I make them for costume carnivals.

Strangely, I'm having a hard time thinking of a pattern that I've made for myself that I've made more than once.  I keep intending on finding the perfect pant, and then never worrying about fitting each time, but it doesn't seem to happen.

Deepika
starstarstarstar
Deepika  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Massachusetts USA
Member since 11/28/01
Founder
Send Message

Date: 6/8/03 9:51 PM

Great topic. Every time I read that someone made something like 5 things from one pattern I am in awe! Since I've not been sewing that long I dont have a pattern from which I've made that many pieces but as I am discovering my style and comfort level I do have a few favorites which I have also made more than 2-3 times.

Burda 3216 (one seam pants) Photo

Kwik sew 3115 (yoga pants)   - I've made this thrice in cotton/lycra and once in Malden Mills Power Dry and I love each pair. I recently tweaked this pattern to a no side seam so the construction is even faster!

Butterick 6843 - I've tweaked this pattern to make many lounge pants for DH and my brothers in law.

One pattern which I've made twice only so far but I can see myself making these many more times is Textile Studio Santa Monica Tee because it fits me well and is a very quick construction.

If you see all the above patterns you'll see that they are my favorites for two main reasons : Quick and easy construction and Well fitting garment. As I am learning more and more I am realising the value of fitting one pattern and going from there.

------
- Deepika
Founder, PatternReview.com
Blog: http://www.deepikablogs.com

NancyDaQ
star
NancyDaQ
Advanced
New Mexico USA
Member since 1/12/02
Send Message

Date: 6/9/03 9:55 AM

Good point Deepika! Having some good basic patterns can save so much time. Of course, this doesn't stop me from buying new ones.  :0

------
Now blogging at http://sewwest.blogspot.com

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> All time favorite pattern

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Class Details

Online Class
Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Class Details

Lolita Patterns 1300

photo
by: Spaiyq

Review
You Sew Girl Draped T-Dress Pattern

You Sew Girl Draped T-Dress Pattern

More Info
Sewing Workshop Salsa Blouse Pattern

Sewing Workshop Salsa Blouse Pattern

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.