SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Web site Talk > printsew.com ( Moderated by Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
printsew.com
Does it work?
Tamyuun
star
Tamyuun
Advanced Beginner
JAPAN
Member since 2/7/07
Send Message

Date: 3/19/07 11:55 PM

As I was browsing, I stumbled upon this site: PrintSew

Does it work?? How hard is it to piece these patterns together after they`re printed out? If it actually is an idea that would work, I`d be thrilled... I can`t usually get US patterns here in Japan, and even with a bit of work this looks like a great idea (for my case at least!)

ChristineS

ChristineS
Intermediate
International AUSTRALIA
Member since 6/13/04
Send Message

In reply to Tamyuun

Date: 3/20/07 0:38 AM

Tamyuun,

Yes it does work. I recently downloaded 2 patterns but haven't had time to tape them together. Each page is referenced so it appears to be quite easy to match up and put the pattern together.

PrintSew is linked to SewingPatterns.com. I purchased two downloadable Lekala patterns and was directed to PrintSew to do the download. There was some software I had to download (can't recall the name & can't check as I'm at work now) which I checked out first with the IT guys at work and its fine & not caused any problems.

Its a great concept, especially if you see something you like and want to get started immediately - no waiting for postal delivery or having to go to the shops to purchase.

------
Christine
Perth, Western Australia.

pmarsh
pmarsh
Intermediate
Mississippi USA
Member since 8/21/05
Send Message

Date: 3/20/07 7:57 AM

I never sewn Lekela Patterns before. Do they have seam allowances, and instructions?

Karla Kizer
starstarstar
Karla Kizer  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/8/02
Send Message

In reply to Tamyuun
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 3/20/07 8:08 AM

Taping patterns together is my new in-front-of-the-TV game. I put a small cork bulletin board in my lap and stab pins into the marks on the corners of each page to match the them up; I tape them while they're pinned to the board, then move on to the next sheet, etc. It's mindless....like the stuff usually on TV.

------
“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.” -Robert Heinlein and Ann's father. Thanks for the reminder, Ann.

Where are we going, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Matthew 25:40 (New International Version)
The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Marie-Claude
starstar
Marie-Claude  Friend of PR
Advanced
Netherlands
Member since 6/29/05
Send Message

Date: 3/20/07 8:36 AM

I've just noticed that they have Hot Patterns available for download... never seen those before!

------
Surgeon General says: "Ten yards a day keeps the blues away."
http://www.couturlututu.com

mastdenman
star
mastdenman  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 1/12/04
Send Message

Date: 3/20/07 8:58 AM

For you who are new to taping reams of paper together, I have two words. Mono Aqua glue. I got mine on the internet somewhere and bought a box of 8.

Mono Aqua

Office Depot used to carry it but not any more.

------
Marilyn

January 2009 to January 2010 81 yards out and 71yards in January 2010 to the present 106.7 yards out and 146.5 yards in. January 2011 to the present: 47 yards out and 69 yards in.

ChristineS

ChristineS
Intermediate
International AUSTRALIA
Member since 6/13/04
Send Message

In reply to pmarsh

Date: 3/20/07 9:12 AM

Quote: pmarsh
I never sewn Lekela Patterns before. Do they have seam allowances, and instructions?

Yes they do have the seam allowance (5/8in + notches to match up). Instructions are minimal and assume you have sewing experience. Here's an example:

YOU NEED: silk of 150 cm width; 1 zipper of 22 cm length; 1 button.

CUTTING:
1. Front part – 2 pieces
2. Back part – 2 pieces
3. Waistband – 1 piece
4. Belt loop – 4 pieces
5. Button catch – 1 piece
Fusing: waistband.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of waistband details.
2. Sew darts, then press darts towards middle edges.
3. Fold front parts right widths together, then sew front middle seam under the notch mark, 2 cm below step seam.
4. ZIPPER: press the zipper closure one-piece facing into wrong side. Stitch the zipper under the allowance edge (left edge) along the edge. Sew zipper free braid to right edge, to one-piece facing. Fold the button catch along the center, then overstitch it along upper and lower short edges. Topstitch the zipper closure one piece facing on the button catch on the left part of the garment. Topstitch the slit right edge catching the facing.
5. Fold one front part and one back/one right sides together. Sew side seams and step ones. Press allowances apart.
6. Sew one of waistband lengthwise edges and garment upper edge, right sides together. Left the projecting closure allowance on the left edge. Insert one part into another right sides together. Sew the middle seam up to the waistband upper edge. Press the middle seam allowance apart, to the rounding. Press detail joining seam allowance toward the waistband. Fold the waistband
7. along the center, right side together, then sew front ends. Turn the waistband right
8. side out, topstitch strictly along the joining seam from the right side.
9. Press hem allowances under, then sew.
10. Make a buttonhole into waistband right end, sew the button on the left one.

You will also need to print out a copy of the garment picture as obviously there are no pattern envelopes!

HTH.

------
Christine
Perth, Western Australia.

Tamyuun
star
Tamyuun
Advanced Beginner
JAPAN
Member since 2/7/07
Send Message

In reply to mastdenman

Date: 3/20/07 9:28 AM

Quote: mastdenman
For you who are new to taping reams of paper together, I have two words. Mono Aqua glue. I got mine on the internet somewhere and bought a box of 8.

Mono Aqua

Office Depot used to carry it but not any more.

Hahaha. I have 2 or 3 of those just laying around the house... I`ve never glued patterns together with it, I bought it for papercraft projects that I intended to do, but never got around to.

Great to know something so easy for me to get my hands on is good for the pattern gluing. They sell that stuff in every store here in Japan.

I`ll have to download a pattern or two and try it out.
Christina Sonja
starstarstarstar
Christina Sonja  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 7/2/06
Send Message

Date: 3/20/07 2:15 PM

I noticed that some of the Hot Patterns available on Print Sew are not even available on the Hot Patterns website anymore... I just saw 2 patterns in particular that I was kind of regretting not buying, so maybe this is a second chance for me? (They are the Pirate Queen Ahoy There sailor pants and the Wong-Singh-Jones Sari tunic dress)

I don't see any explanation of sizing though... I see that you are supposed to enter your measurements, and they show up when you add something to your shopping cart, but do you have any control over what size you get?

------
Christina
www.assortednotions.com

Re Becca
starstarstar
Re Becca
Intermediate
Member since 9/12/05
Send Message

In reply to ChristineS

Date: 3/20/07 2:26 PM

Some of the Lekela patterns look interesting. I wonder how thier sizing is. I see that they ask for height as well as the other measurements. Does anyone know how their sizing REALLY runs? If I bought Vogue by my measurements, I would be a 16, but it would turn out to be WAY too big.

------
http://beccabeckstuff.blogspot.com/

Damn the muslin, full speed ahead!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Web site Talk >> printsew.com

Merchants on PR

So Vintage Patterns

Thank You for Joining!
Deals!

Fitz Like a Glove Ironing Board Cover

Made In Australia
Deals!

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Nature's Fabrics

Natural & Organic Fabrics
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Bust Adjustments
Bust Adjustments

Class Details

Online Class
Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Class Details

Sewing Workshop Eureka Top & Skirt

Sewing Workshop Eureka Top & Skirt

More Info
Petite Plus 651 Pattern

Petite Plus 651 Pattern

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.