SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Fabrics and more... > Wool Material from Fashion Fabrics Club ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Wool Material from Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club
Keya
Keya
Member since 5/25/07
Send Message

Date: 5/25/07 11:39 AM

Hello!

I just ordered some wool fabrics from Fashion Fabrics Club... mostly 98%Wool2%Lycra or 100% Wools... I need some suits made!! I ordered basic colors mostly (grey, black, gold, ivory)

Reading all the posts, I gather that FFC is kind of hit and miss.. Has anyone ordered their Wool fabrics? Did you like them?

Thanks!
Keya

Pinkytoo
starstarstar
Pinkytoo
Advanced
Nevada USA
Member since 6/23/06
Send Message

In reply to Keya

Date: 5/25/07 11:48 AM

I made a coat from a double-faced wool I got from Fashion Fabrics Club. I saw the same fabric elsewhere for up to $40/yd; at FFC it was $11 or $12/yd. It was gorgeous.

I also just ordered an acrylic-wool blend multicolor boucle from FFC and it is just as advertised, the colors were even very close to what was shown on the website.

All the other fabrics I've ordered from FFC have been more than satisfactory so I'm a happy customer! Sometimes shipping is not the fastest but then again you don't pay an arm and a leg in shipping costs.

------
Sewing is my therapy!

Keya
Keya
Member since 5/25/07
Send Message

Date: 5/25/07 12:01 PM

Thank you Pinkytoo!!

I do agree that the prices are fabulous.. I'm just waiting to see how the fabrics turn out!!

I'll let everyone here know how I like them once they arrive...

Has anyone else bought wool fabrics from FFC?

:-).....Keya

AliceM
star
AliceM
Advanced
Illinois USA
Member since 4/30/05
Send Message

Date: 5/25/07 12:10 PM

I have several nice wool pieces from FFC. Of course I have a bit of an advantage since I live close enough to go there in person.

AnneM
starstar
AnneM  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Massachusetts USA
Member since 7/30/02
Send Message

Date: 5/25/07 12:11 PM

I haven't ordered wool from them. But what I find w/ FFC is that the quality of the fabric is at least worth what you pay. Soemtimes it is a much better value. I haven't experienced them charging what I felt was too much for the fabric. I've gotten a couple where it wasn't worth anything more (IMO, obviously) than what they charged, but most I felt were less than I would have paid elsewhere.

You might find that even with what you ordered, the quality will be different. So if someone else ordered wool from them, what you get may or may not match.

Now to sew up all that fabric. I need to post over on that 'how long can you sew without buying' thread. I figured it out: 4.5 years.

------
With a great wardrobe that's still in the flat-fabric stage.

Keya
Keya
Member since 5/25/07
Send Message

Date: 5/25/07 12:17 PM

Ha ha!!! I know sewing up all that would take me YEARS!!!

No, I have a better plan actually... I'm going to India in July and I know I can have the suits custom made for me at a fraction of the price!! I ordered wool, because I'm coming back to Chicago in August, just before winter sets in...

Now I'm just hoping that material turns out good!!

blue mooney
starstarstar
blue mooney
Intermediate
Member since 12/21/02
Send Message

In reply to Keya

Date: 5/25/07 1:36 PM

Custom suits, lucky you!!

I've only gotten tropical weight wool from FFC, but it was quite nice.

Sometimes, they will list the source country of their fabrics. If the country of origin is Italy or Germany, you can be a little more sure of getting some superior goods.

------
--Robyn
sewing blog: http://bluemooney.wordpress.com/
other artwork blogged here: http://robynjorde.com/blog/

KaraKai
star
KaraKai  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 8/19/06
Send Message

Date: 5/25/07 2:28 PM

I have ordered wools from FFC and they were all very nice! And alot better prices than the local stores charge. I'd order again.

I've only been disappointed with a mystery bundle from them, everything that I've picked out has been nice! I just received a bunch of really nice cotton prints and can't wait to sew up my summer dresses :)

I think you'll be pleased.

Kara

Leslie in Austin
starstarstarstar
Leslie in Austin  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 1/30/03
PR Weekend Coordinator
Send Message

Date: 5/25/07 2:31 PM

The one piece of stretch wool I bought from them a couple of years ago was *wonderful* at the bargain price of $10/yd.

------
Leslie

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 5/25/07 3:42 PM

Sometimes the shipping is slow, but I've never had a problem with the quality of their fabric.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> Wool Material from Fashion Fabrics Club

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

Sewing Basics
Sewing Basics

Register

Simplicity 2573

photo
by: julliams

Review
Sewing Workshop Chopin Blouse Pattern

Sewing Workshop Chopin Blouse Pattern

Buy Now
Sewing Workshop Village Bag Pattern

Sewing Workshop Village Bag Pattern

Buy Now
Simplicity 1808

photo
by: katski

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.