SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Patterns and Notions > Kariza wrap skirt ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Kariza wrap skirt
CakeyP
CakeyP
Intermediate
Member since 3/6/08
Send Message

Date: 4/11/08 2:16 PM

http://www.karizadesigns.com/
(click on "ways to wear," or search for Kariza vinatge online)

I remember seeing this versatile garment when I was younger, and (today!) after searching for it for AGES online, accidentally found it online!

I'd much rather make it in some colors that I like than choose some leftovers... it seems to be two skirt circles on top of each other. Can anyone else see what it is?

I know this seems like such a simple question, but I don't want to mess it up! Multiple heads are better than one :)

sewdance
sewdance  Friend of PR
Expert/Couture
MI USA
Member since 10/18/04
Send Message

Date: 4/11/08 2:23 PM

Looks like 2 circle skirts joined at the waist. Super simple to make.

anae
star
anae
Beginner
NY USA
Member since 4/6/03
Send Message

In reply to CakeyP

Date: 6/1/08 1:23 AM

Have you tried to sew a wrap skirt yet? They seem so simple, but......

I just tested out a half-circle skirt/wrap with a top "waist" of 45 inches out of an ugly georgette-like fabric. The waist stretched out to 48 inches--not really a problem. Its something else. Somethings off but I dont know what. Its not the fabric, its the cut. Maybe I wish the skirt had more swishiness or movement to it.

Do you think it would help to use a 3/4 circle or full circle? While Im almost positive the skirts use some kind of arc, I dont think theyre made with full circles -- they dont have any seams.
Are these type of skirts made with the skirt's waist part subtly gathered onto the tie?

I saw skirts like these being sold by really aggressive sales girls a couple weeks ago. One kiosk was affordable but it only had horrid (or damaged) fabrics. The other kiosk had beautiful fabric combos of all sorts, but the price was crazy. Even the "special price" was seventy-nine dollars--thats EACH! Ouch. I'd like to make one for summer.

Karin Mantefors
starstar
Karin Mantefors
Advanced
SWEDEN
Member since 7/29/02
Send Message

Date: 6/1/08 2:59 AM

It seams to be two skirts attached by the waistband. It lookes to me to be on a straight grain in the back due to the stripe in the fabric.
Onion has a wrapskirt just like that. It´s in one piece and you hem the sides of the front, and then attach the waistband. So fast and so simple and the different grains in the skirt really hugs your hips in a beautiful way.
The pattern number is 3021 and I know that both Åsa and myself have done reviews her om PR

------
www.karinskammare.blogspot.com

Mirza
star
Mirza
Advanced Beginner
LA USA
Member since 10/6/04
Send Message

Date: 6/1/08 8:11 AM

Ooh! That skirt rocks! What a perfect swim suit coverup or vacation skirt to pack. I need to duplicate this too. Seems to make it two layer, it needs to be made out of something thin and slinky like (silk,etc) so you can tie that up one of the layers for a scarf like look.

Mirza

sabryna
sabryna
Member since 7/21/08
Send Message

Date: 7/21/08 5:39 PM

okay! so ive been trying to figure out how to sew one of these dang things! i found a website that sells the kariza wraps for 20-35$ depending on the length. super good deal.. i bought one so i can see the pattern. But I cant wait i wanna make my own! now! has anyone have ane ideas? do i do a half circle skirt or a full circle? gah!! im sad.. =) anyone?

teresaann
teresaann
Intermediate
TX USA
Member since 7/22/08
Send Message

Date: 7/22/08 3:42 PM

Iris impressions has the same skirt. I saw many kiosks in Vegas selling theses skirts for $59 to $99. All were made in silk or rayon. I am in the same boat. I have looked everywhere for a pattern and I am about to buy one to deconstruct. It looks really easy but the "swing" is not right on what I have tried. Has anyone found a pattern?

Josephine

Josephine  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
IL USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 7/24/08 2:26 AM

I just bought one of these skirts last week and then stumbled upon this thread. The one I got is by ''Ethnix'' and was just $15. The label says 100% silk, but I'm suspicious of that! I got this specifically to copy the pattern myself, but haven't done it yet. The ends appear to be on the grain, and it's indeed a half circle. I stood on a step ladder to get this pic of it all laid out! HTH

Wrap Skirt

teresaann
teresaann
Intermediate
TX USA
Member since 7/22/08
Send Message

In reply to Josephine

Date: 7/25/08 6:12 AM

Thank you very much, now I see exactly what is wrong with mine!

mastdenman
star
mastdenman  Friend of PR
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 1/12/04
Send Message

Date: 7/25/08 11:50 PM

That's a really pretty skirt. I've seen people wear these before, but not for me any more.

------
Marilyn

January 2009 to January 2010 81 yards out and 71yards in January 2010 to the present 106.7 yards out and 146.5 yards in. January 2011 to the present: 47 yards out and 69 yards in.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> Kariza wrap skirt

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

Lolita Patterns Spearmint Paper Pattern

Buy Now
Favorite Things Little Bow Peep Pattern

Favorite Things Little Bow Peep Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.