Sewing Patterns, Pattern Review, Sewing Classes, Sewing Machines and Sewing Machine Reviews!
Platinum Sponsor: Stylish Fabric
Over 20,000 of high quality reorderable fabric

[SIGNUP - FREE Membership & 1 FREE Sewing Lesson ]
[Sewing Classes|Shopping Bag Your Shopping Bag|Login|Help]
Sewing Review and Pattern Reviews Sewing Knowledge Base Sewing Patterns Sewing Classes & Sewing Lessons Sewing Machine & Embroidery Machinery Sewing Message Boards Sewing merchants Blog Help/FAQ About Pattern Review
Enter your e-mail address:

Advanced Search
Tags
New to PR?
Sewing Machines
Compare Sewing Machines
Sewing Machine & Serger Reviews
Embroidery Machines
Sewing Reviews
Sewing Patterns
Review Gallery
Sewing Books
Sewing Supplies
Sewing Websites
Sewing Stores
Sewing Class Reviews
Sewing Expo Reviews
Sewing Tips & Techniques
Sewing Podcasts
NEW!Fabric Glossary
Sewing Review Requests Add a Review Request
Your Account
Edit Profile
My Page
Favorites
Wish List
Pattern Catalog
Notifications
Friends of PR
Join Friends of PR
Find a member
Deal Corner
Photo Album
Calendar
Chat Room
Chat Schedule
Chat Transcripts
Sewing Classifieds
Add a Classified
Sewing Contests
enter contest
contest report
contest gallery
Favorite Links
reviews with comments
merchant gallery
article archive
newsletter archive
Craft Resources
contact info
shipping rates
returns & refunds
testimonials

Platinum Sponsor - Stylish Fabric
Stylish Fabric
You are not logged in. Login here.

Message Board > Miscellaneous > What are you GRATEFUL for today? ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
What are you GRATEFUL for today?
Focus on things positive
Rita K
Rita K
Advanced
Member since 9/22/05
Login to reply to this post

Date: 9/18/08 11:28 AM

Over 10 years ago I saw an Oprah show in which she launched the idea of writing down 5 things a day that we are grateful for. A woman in the audience stood & said that she had been married over 40 years, had done this for 6 months & it had changed her relationship with her husband dramatically for the better. That got my attention!

On New Year's Day 1998 I began a journal - writing down 5 things each day of gratitude. I have NEVER kept a journal for a whole year, despite trying - but this time I succeeded.

I found that knowing that at the end of the day, I would need to be able to write those 5 things gave me a whole new FOCUS for the DAY. I began to consciously think "I need to remember that so I can write it down tonight!" Sometimes I missed writing for a couple of days, but because I was consciously focused on remembering those 5 gratitudes, I could go back & recall & write for the missed days.

SO this morning I was cleaning my cooktop & realized I was thinking 'I love this cooktop! It's so easy to clean!' And the product eWipes cleans the glass covered control knob area quickly, easily, & with no smears!! I love that! (PS it's a Wolf if you're curious, & it's stainless steel to boot).

What are you GRATEFUL for today?

FirecrackerKTM
star
FirecrackerKTM
Intermediate
CO USA
Member since 3/28/08

Date: 9/18/08 11:34 AM

I'm grateful that I am coughing up less phlegm than I was yesterday.

ryan's mom
starstarstar
ryan's mom
PA USA
Member since 11/30/04

thumbsup 1 member likes this.
Date: 9/18/08 11:39 AM

I just wrote something about this type of thing on my blog. Most of my blog post here is about that. It's the people that have touched my life and my children's lives that I'm very appreciative and grateful for, and I wanted to let them know that.

------
Big 4 Pattern size 12, RTW bottom: 6, RTW jacket 8, RTW top (no size fits me well!)
Measurements: 34 HB/36 FB (34C bra)/27.5/36 (and working hard to keep it that way.)
Machines: Sewing/Embroidery Combo Machine: Janome MC15000. Sewing Machines: Elna 740, vintage Kenmore Model 33 (1967), Janome Gem Gold 3. Sergers: Babylock Imagine and Babylock Enlighten. Embroidery Only: Janome 300E

If you think your sewing is better than everyone else's around here, get out of my way b****. I hate sewing snobs.

My blog: www.phatchickdesigns.blogspot.com

Kim12469
starstarstar
Kim12469
Beginner
MT USA
Member since 3/27/08

Date: 9/18/08 11:46 AM

I'm grateful that I have the best kid in the whole wide world and I get to tell him that every day!

...that I have a good job
...that I have good health
...a great husband
...lots of awesome dogs

------
http://kimsewsilly.blogspot.com/

ccris
ccris
Intermediate
Member since 10/27/05

Date: 9/18/08 12:00 PM

Absolutely gorgeous weather today.................70 degrees, very slight breeze, low humidity, sunshine and blue skies. I think I'll go out and play.

Karla Kizer
starstarstar
Karla Kizer  Friend of PR
Advanced
FL USA
Member since 4/8/02

Date: 9/18/08 12:10 PM

I'm grateful that DH and I both have enjoyable jobs that interfere with our free time. I'm grateful that I'm not living in Houston/Galveston right now, and that I have a functioning air conditioner. I'm grateful that I have 2 great kids, and that those great kids live elsewhere and are self-supporting.

------
“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.” -Robert Heinlein and Ann's father. Thanks for the reminder, Ann.

Where are we going, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Matthew 25:40 (New International Version)
The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Re Becca
starstar
Re Becca  Friend of PR
Intermediate
TX USA
Member since 9/12/05

Going to PR Weekend Austin!

In reply to Karla Kizer

Date: 9/18/08 2:55 PM

Quote: Karla Kizer
I'm grateful that I'm not living in Houston/Galveston right now, and that I have a functioning air conditioner.

hey! I am glad that I live in Houston right now!

I have 4 days of Hurri-cation.

I have a nice cool breeze.

I have a wonderful job that let me borrow a generator. This leads to the opportunity to do the laundry and the dishes. How many times in life do you get to see that as a priveledge instead of a chore?

I have a full tank of gas.

I found an open strp mall with both a Taco Bell and a liquor store.

I get to live in a town like Houston where most people stop even though most of the stop lights are out.

This is a wonderful idea

------
http://beccabeckstuff.blogspot.com/

Damn the muslin, full speed ahead!

KitnRose
star
KitnRose
Intermediate
TX USA
Member since 6/18/03

Date: 9/18/08 3:18 PM

Great idea!

I'm thankful for
- My wonderful little (and still fairly new!) Mac. Years of old hand-me-down Dells made me appreciate a laptop that WORKS!
- My li'l brother who called me on Tuesday to thank me for how I treated him when we were both kids. Considering that my standard treatment was to knock him (gently) upside the head whenever he whined, it wasn't exactly a thanks I was expecting.
- My class that I'm teaching - last class they were really involved and attentive and even excited about our current project. And they thanked me after class! Warm fuzzies abounded.
- My sweet DH. Nuf said.
- My two machines, both of which were gifts from special people.

------
Kit
"Never underestimate the power of the right dress!" - drsue
"Hyu gots to know how to sveet tok de costumers, dollink" - Girl Genius, 11-24-08

Stitchology

Stitchology
Intermediate
MD USA
Member since 1/26/03

Date: 9/18/08 5:13 PM

I'm feeling extra good about all my/our years of penny pinching that now allow us to be relatively worry free and able to ride out the economic downturn.

My daughter has come out of very difficult adolescent years and is doing better than ever this year.

My son is doing well, something we weren't sure would happen because of his Asperger's.

I'm able to stay home and do what I want and not deal with horrible bosses any more.

We have more fresh, organic tomatoes than we can eat!

------
Buy the best and you only cry once.

EleanorSews
star
EleanorSews  Friend of PR
Advanced
MI USA
Member since 7/26/07
Board Moderator

Date: 9/18/08 5:30 PM

I am grateful for

1. DH's dermatologist who does his work with great thoroughness.

2. DH's surgeon who is forthright and really knows what he is doing.

3. both of us waking up this morning.

4. being self-employed and working with DH so that I could spend more of today at home keeping an eye on the worst's recuperator.

5. the sunny glorious day that DH & I could enjoy from our screened porch.

6. those hungry piggy gorgeous birds that flock to our feeder especially on such a day as this.

When DD was in middle school, she went thru a period of feeling like so many people had more than she did or that their lives were much better than hers. One evening I got fed up and handed her a tablet and said that I wanted her to write down 3 good things that had happened that day and 3 things in her life that she could be grateful for, and then she could continue to perform that exercise daily for the next couple months with no repeats. I told her that she had choices and she could focus on the things that were positive or the things that were negative, but life would be better for her if she chose the positive parts of her life as her focus. It did not take long for her to change her tune.

------
"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anais Nin

"Attitude is the difference between an adventure and an ordeal." unknown

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> What are you GRATEFUL for today?

Merchants on PR
Patterns from the Past
vintage sewing patterns
Deals!
Elliott Berman Textiles
Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!
Sewn Square One
Patterns for Your Style.
Web site
Gwyn Hug
Fabric Shopping Help!
Deals!
Lanetzliving Vintage Sewing Patterns
Vintage Sewing Patterns
Deals!

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.
Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Online Sewing Classes
Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Fee: $29.00
(Regular $49.00)
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Online Sewing Classes
Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics
Fee: $19.99
(Regular $49.00)
Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics

Vogue Patterns 1165 Misses' Shirt
photo
Review by Ann Smith on 7/19/10
Read Review

Favorite Things Hushabye Baby Pattern
Favorite Things Hushabye Baby Pattern

Details
Price: $14.00
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Sew Liberated Woodlands Shirt
Sew Liberated Woodlands Shirt

Details
Price: $14.95
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Peek-A Boo Hang Time Basketball Shorts Digital Pattern ( Size 3 mo -12 years )
Peek-A Boo Hang Time Basketball Shorts Digital Pattern ( Size 3 mo -12 years )

Details
Price: $7.95
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Oliver + S Secret Agent Trench Coat Digital Pattern ( 6M- 4)
Oliver + S Secret Agent Trench Coat Digital Pattern ( 6M- 4)

Details
Price: $15.95
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Burda 7556 Misses DRESS
photo
Review by lqtang on 12/29/13
Read Review

Butterick 5951 Pattern ( Size 8-10-12-14-16 )
Butterick 5951 Pattern ( Size 8-10-12-14-16 )

Details
Price: $18.95
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Vogue 1367 Pattern ( Size 14-16-18-20-22 )
Vogue 1367 Pattern ( Size 14-16-18-20-22 )

Details
Price: $30.00
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Subscribe to PR Message Board Feed Subscribe to the PR Message Board Feed Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe at NewsGator Online Subscribe at Bloglines Add to MyMSN