SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Computers AARGH!!! > How to get a direct photo link from your Photobucket Album ( Moderated by Pyrose, Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
How to get a direct photo link from your Photobucket Album
Tutorial
Deepika
starstarstarstar
Deepika  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Massachusetts USA
Member since 11/28/01
Founder
Send Message
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 9/18/08 12:48 PM

If you want to use your Photobucket online photo album for your review pictures, you'll need a direct link to your photo to paste in your review. To do that, follow these steps:

Step 1: In your Photobucket album, go to the album your photo is saved, then navigate to the photo you want to insert in your review.

Step 2: Right under the photo, you'll see 4 choices,
Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
IMG Code

Point your mouse button to the field right next to Direct Link and the URL will be copied for you. You don't even have to do right click. Unless of course you have Windows Vista, in which case you DO need to right click after you position your mouse in the field next to Direct Link. The URL is not automatically copied.

Step 3: Now that you have the direct link saved in the clipboard, you'll need to go back to PatternReview.com and paste the link in the Finished garment photo field of your review. To do that, either edit your review ( I edited one of my reviews to take this screen shot) or paste it in your new review. To do that, point your mouse button on the field where you want to paste and right click on it.

Step 4: When you click on Paste, it'll paste the URL in the field. Simply save your review and you'll be all set.

If you want to insert the photo as a clickable link in the body of your review.

Follow Steps 1 & 2. Then proceed as follows:

Step 5: Go to the PR review you are editing. Scroll down to the review section and find the link which says "Insert a clickable link in your review". Click on it. A new window will appear.

Step 6: Remove the http:// from the URL field. Right click on that box and click on Paste.

Step 7: When the URL has been pasted, click on Get HTML Button.

Step 8: Select the HTML Code generated for you (Drag your mouse while holding down the left key). Right click and copy the URL. Close this window.

Step 9: In your review box, wherever you want to insert a link, simply right click and paste the code there.

Your link will show up as a clickable link which opens it in a new window.

-- Edited on 8/21/09 8:52 AM --

------
- Deepika
Founder, PatternReview.com
Blog: http://www.deepikablogs.com

Nancy K
starstarstar
Nancy K
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 12/28/04
Send Message

Date: 12/6/08 4:02 PM

I thought that I followed your directions correctly. I copied the direct link, entered it into clickable link and I keep getting a website not found when I click on the link in my review that I just posted.

------
www.nancyksews.blogspot.com

jannw
starstarstarstar
jannw  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 9/3/06
Send Message

In reply to Deepika

Date: 12/6/08 4:10 PM

Thank you so much for the instructions..I was wondering which of the 4 was the correct address. However , when I was writing my reviews yesterday, the PR page kept dissappearing when I went to photobucket and I had to log back in to my review so I lost the info in the mouse click. I ended up typing the links in. I run Vista Home Premium..would that be a factor or is it just that I am a techie klutz?
jan

------
2009-113.25 yds
2010-115.5
2011-80.25+30+donated
2012 86.3 yds..
2013 21.0
Everyone who sews seriously has a stockpile of fabrics, because it is natural to purchase more than can be sewn in any one season" Singer, Timesaving Sewing, 1987

Nancy K
starstarstar
Nancy K
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 12/28/04
Send Message

Date: 12/6/08 7:19 PM

Someone figured out that I had two http's in my code for the pictures. It's fixed, so no need for you to do anything. I hadn't realized that you had posted these great instructions for Photobucket until I was ready to pull out my hair in frustration! Thanks.

------

gomez
gomez
Member since 12/24/08
Send Message

Date: 12/25/08 0:04 AM

Thanks Deepika for your nice presentation.This could be helpful for people like me.I really glad to know it.Might be useful in future.
------------
gomez

-- Edited on 12/25/08 9:58 AM --

Nancy K
starstarstar
Nancy K
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 12/28/04
Send Message

Date: 1/14/09 3:04 PM

I can't thank you enough for this tutorial. I just posted 2 reviews that were the easiest I have ever done. I usually have to edit a few times to get it right. Not this time.

------

Deepika
starstarstarstar
Deepika  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Massachusetts USA
Member since 11/28/01
Founder
Send Message

In reply to Nancy K

Date: 1/14/09 6:10 PM

Cool. I am glad it helped.

------
- Deepika
Founder, PatternReview.com
Blog: http://www.deepikablogs.com

Nancy K
starstarstar
Nancy K
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 12/28/04
Send Message

In reply to Deepika

Date: 6/22/09 3:39 PM

I am having trouble again. I go to photobucket and follow your directions and nothing is copied. When I click on http: button above, and try to paste nothing appears. I also have never been able to figure out how to make a direct picture appear, ie not a link but the picture showing. Not from photobucket or anywhere. Very frustrating. I am trying to post pictures of my sewing room. I haven't posted pictures in a while because I can't get it to work anymore. Can you help?

------

Sewliz
star
Sewliz  Friend of PR
Colorado USA
Member since 6/22/04
Send Message

In reply to Nancy K

Date: 6/22/09 7:50 PM

Nancy, try clicking on the "image" button above the posting box and paste your link there.

------
Liz

thefittinglife.blogspot.com

Berniev
star
Berniev
Advanced Beginner
Colorado USA
Member since 9/17/08
Send Message

Date: 6/23/09 10:51 AM

Deleted
-- Edited on 6/23/09 10:52 AM --

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Computers AARGH!!! >> How to get a direct photo link from your Photobucket Album

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Register

Sewing Basics
Sewing Basics

Register

Jalie 977

photo
by: bertiebagg...

Review
Sewn Square One Triple Play Top Pattern

Sewn Square One Triple Play Top Pattern

Buy Now
Sew Liberated Woodlands Shirt

Sew Liberated Woodlands Shirt

Buy Now
Butterick B5796

photo
by: QuikSew

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.