SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Fabrics and more... > Fashion Fabric in Dallas ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Fashion Fabric in Dallas
Looking for fashion fabric store in DFW area
Jaicienne
Jaicienne
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 4/13/07
Send Message

Date: 10/4/08 11:06 PM

Hi everyone. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good designer-type fashion fabric store in the Dallas area.

I'm looking for quality fabrics above and beyond what can be found at places like Hancock's and JoAnn.

Thanks in advance for any help!

JAJenkins1971

JAJenkins1971
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 5/14/04
Send Message

In reply to Jaicienne

Date: 10/5/08 0:11 AM

There are quite a few reviews of Fabrique. There website is Fabrique.com. I LOVE this store and try to visit every time I am in the area. The store is in Richardson. There are also many stores on Harry Hines. I have only been once to that area and didn't have the time to 'dig' and that was the type of store they were.

But I love Fabrique!!

Joan

------
Joan

blue mooney
starstarstar
blue mooney
Intermediate
Member since 12/21/02
Send Message

Date: 10/5/08 7:53 AM

Try Kay's in Richardson. Very nice selection, quality goods, and well-informed salespeople.

There are bargains to be had on fabric in the warehouse district on Perth, off Harry Hines, but as the above poster says, you need time to shop and you're pretty much on your own there.

I haven't gone to Fabrique yet because I heard their prices were very very high. Is that true?

------
--Robyn
sewing blog: http://bluemooney.wordpress.com/
other artwork blogged here: http://robynjorde.com/blog/

dresscode

dresscode  Friend of PR
Advanced
Florida USA
Member since 7/28/04
Send Message

Date: 10/6/08 3:15 PM

The "original" fine fabric store is still in business under a new owner, I believe. I love "Richard Brooks" located in Preston Center. It's upstairs in one of the buildings that is perpendicular to Preston Road. There may be (or used to be) a swim suit shop down below. You'll walk into a lobby downstairs and they are on second floor. Richard finally retired but I believe the store was sold to a longtime employee. Catch us up if you visit.

Nice fabrics and excellent service.

dresscode

dresscode  Friend of PR
Advanced
Florida USA
Member since 7/28/04
Send Message

Date: 10/6/08 3:16 PM

Also, Grapevine Collection in the mid-cities area is a must for fine fabrics. She has nice designer cuts. It has moved since I've been there, so call for updated directions.

Re Becca
starstarstar
Re Becca  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 9/12/05
Send Message

In reply to Jaicienne

Date: 10/6/08 4:36 PM

I am in Houston but I was in Dallas a month or so ago and I asked the same question. I will caution you on one thing that I learned, the stores that I tried to go to close early on Saturdays and are not open on Sundays, so plan accordingly.

In some places this may not seem unusual, but here in Houston very few places stay closed on Sundays.

------
http://beccabeckstuff.blogspot.com/

Damn the muslin, full speed ahead!

BettyMike
star
BettyMike  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 2/12/04
Send Message

Date: 10/6/08 4:52 PM

I've never been to Kay's or Fabrique, but I adore the Grapevine Collection. She is now in Hurst, http://sewitup.com/
My favorite on Perth Street is Super Textiles. But like others have said, you need time to dig around.

------
betty/mikie

Everyday Sewist
star
Everyday Sewist
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 9/14/02
Send Message

Date: 10/6/08 8:59 PM

The stores that close early on Saturday are the ones in the Perth & Harry Hines area. I'm pretty sure the others have regular hours, although I'd double-check about Sundays.

KitnRose
star
KitnRose
Intermediate
Member since 6/18/03
Send Message

Date: 10/6/08 9:34 PM

Also when the Harry Hines stores say they close at 5 they mean they shove people out the door and shut off the lights at 5 sharp, so plan for that! So frustrating when you drive over at 4:45 from work and realize you have 5 minutes to shop before you have to get in line. But if you do plan correctly then Golden D'or on Harry Hines is a fantastic warehouse of fabric. Don't miss the clearance room in the back left! It's kinda crazy because it looks like the tiniest of buildings from the small parking lot and to enter you go through a little sewing machine repair place and then, suddenly, it opens up to a small Cosco of fabric.

------
Kit
"Never underestimate the power of the right dress!" - drsue
"Hyu gots to know how to sveet tok de costumers, dollink" - Girl Genius, 11-24-08

Janie Viers
star
Janie Viers  Friend of PR
Advanced
Ohio USA
Member since 4/8/02
Send Message

Date: 10/7/08 11:00 AM

Golden D'or is where Walmart got most of the bargain fabrics. Those fabrics that hoad the GD on the end were usually the best quality!

------
JanieV

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> Fashion Fabric in Dallas

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Class Details

Online Class
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Class Details

Self Drafted Pattern 211758-1001

photo
by: JustineSew...

Review
Fit For Real People DVD

Fit For Real People DVD

More Info
WhatNots

WhatNots

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.