SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Sewing Machines > Janome Dealer Prices ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Janome Dealer Prices
I found these while looking...
AnnaJar
AnnaJar
Intermediate
Member since 4/3/09
Send Message

Date: 4/4/09 11:37 PM

While looking at websites to find more information on sergers, I found a website that is used for dealers to order their machines.
I kept asking for the dealer code but I kept either hitting "cancel" and/or the X in the upper right corner. After doing this several times in a row, it let me see the prices! I did it first for the 1100D serger then for others.
I don't know if dealers get free shipping but here's what I found:
1100D 549
1200D 899
1110DX 399
CP 1000 399
CP 900 349
Then I went to check on a sewing machine and found:
MC 6600P 899
I guess this information would be very handy in negotiating with a dealer!
Here's the site which show the info on the MC:
https://dealers.janome-america.com/apprisenet/product.asp?AppriseWebKey=88439961.02375892&AppriseCustCode=134410&product=0016600P&produm=Ea

nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alabama USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

In reply to AnnaJar

Date: 4/5/09 9:58 AM

Very interesting. But note that you can often find a CP 900 for less than $349 online. This summer ebay had quite a few for $250.
-- Edited on 4/5/09 10:10 AM --

------
No sewing project is ever a complete success nor a total failure.

RadarRadiance
star
RadarRadiance
Intermediate
Nevada USA
Member since 10/24/07
Send Message

In reply to AnnaJar

Date: 4/5/09 10:15 AM

Wouldn't it be interesting to see all the dealer prices!! It would be interesting to see what Bernina's are

Robin Denning
star
Robin Denning  Friend of PR
Maryland USA
Member since 6/24/04
Send Message

In reply to RadarRadiance

Date: 4/5/09 12:50 PM

Indeed! It kinda makes a person want to go out and keep hitting enter on some websites!!

------
http://alittlesewing.blogspot.com/

Debbie Cook
starstarstarstar
Debbie Cook
USA
Member since 4/11/02
Send Message

Date: 4/5/09 1:18 PM

Yeah, I wish there was an Edmunds (for cars) for sewing machines. I swear, sewing machine dealers and companies are still living in 1975 with the hidden pricing and haggling scenarios and it drives me CRAZY. Put the prices on the internet and let the buyers set the market and you will make more money because you'll sell more machines.

I just bought a car and it was my BEST car buying experience ever (and I thought my last 2 were fairly painless but this was even better). I found it on the internet and went to drive it that night to be sure I actually liked it. The next day I checked reviews, pricing, etc. Then I called the dealer and did the financing on the phone in 5 minutes, and picked it up that evening. It only took about 45 minutes from showing up to driving away. No "finance manager," no haggling (the price was already lower than Blue Book), no pressure. Just courteous and attentive service. This was CarMax by the way. Since they are nationwide, I thought I'd put in a plug for anyone considering buying a previously owned vehicle. NAYY.

------
--
"I base my fashion sense on what doesn't itch." Gilda Radner
http://stitchesandseams.blogspot.com

Robin Denning
star
Maryland USA
Member since 6/24/04
Send Message

In reply to Debbie Cook

Date: 4/5/09 1:54 PM

Debbie, my car-buying has worked exactly the same way for the last few purchases. The internet has freed us in every area except sewing machine sales.

It was uncomfortable, but I got a great deal when I bought my Babylock Imagine and Coverhem machine.
I already knew this dealer well, so I knew he'd want an arm, a leg and my firstborn for these machines.
I had researched all the prices on patternreview and I felt willing to pay $2000 for both machines.

When he started his haggling, I interrupted him and I told him my best offer. He countered with, "No one can match that price!"

I told him, "Yes, they can. I am active on a sewing discussion forum on the internet. If I have to, I will have a friend buy the machines for me at her dealer and she will ship them to me. I am willing to pay $2,000. Do you want to think it over?"

He actually told me he had to telephone the store owner, he went into a back room, and came out a little while later saying, "OK just for you, this is a special deal" and he took my money and sold me the machines.

Just like the car dealers in the olden days!
I felt nervous, but my bluff worked.
(I don't know who I would have PM'd to ask them to buy a machine and ship it to me!!! )

------

dukaqwn

dukaqwn
Intermediate
Mississippi USA
Member since 2/12/09
Send Message

In reply to RadarRadiance

Date: 4/5/09 2:17 PM

Yes, especially in light of what I just paid yesterday; I can't say it would have changed my mind about my purchase because I still feel like I bonded with the machine, but I do wonder how much profit they made.

------
http://sewtarot.blogspot.com/

Robin Denning
star
Maryland USA
Member since 6/24/04
Send Message

In reply to dukaqwn

Date: 4/5/09 2:24 PM

Quote: dukaqwn
...I do wonder how much profit they made.

don't worry about it!!

You got a Bernina! You love your machine and it will bring you many happy hours of creative pleasure!!

------

sew4dasoul

sew4dasoul
Beginner
California USA
Member since 12/1/08
Send Message

Date: 4/5/09 3:29 PM

OK, just out of curiosity I looked up the HT2008 and DC3050 since those where the machines my dealer was selling me on. I eventually bought the HT2008.

Retail at my dealer for the:
HT2008 is$399
DC3050 is $499

According to the dealer order site:
HT2008 is $175 ($224 markup)
DC3050 is $349 ($150 markup)

It's interesting because the salesperson was doing a mild sell job on the DC3050, but in reality, the store makes more money selling the less expensive model (HT2008). This makes me think the salespeople aren't really aware of the markup either.

Jannie
star
Jannie  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 4/25/04
Send Message

Date: 4/5/09 4:32 PM

In a lot of industries there is at least a 50% mark up. Watching the prices of several brands of machines I have come to the conclusion that the dealers pay about 35% of the msrp or lower. The higher the price, I believe, the more room for markup. Now I can't prove this but it seems to work. I do epect the dealer to mark up to cover store costs, insurance etc but I have a hard time with the dealers who refuse to negotiate.
I know a dealer who is selling the quests for ~$800 to make room for he quest 2's. I believe the msrp on that machine is $2499. Seeing some of their other prices they must get the machines pretty low. They do have 50% off sales in their stores. I don't think they get the kick backs that the auto dealers do and I do believe they get volume discounts. I refuse to buy from some of the local dealers around here because they refuse to deal. I will drive to save thousands.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Janome Dealer Prices

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Register

Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Register

Burda 8860

photo
by: FreyaStark

Review
Jeans for Real People DVD Set

Jeans for Real People DVD Set

Buy Now
Sewn Square One Upline Jacket Pattern

Sewn Square One Upline Jacket Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.