SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Patterns and Notions > summer new look ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
summer new look
gemmima
gemmima
Member since 10/19/07
Send Message

Date: 5/5/09 1:05 PM

does anyone know when the summer new look patterns are likely to be available?

Kaitlinnegan
star
Kaitlinnegan
Intermediate
Wisconsin USA
Member since 8/13/06
Send Message

In reply to gemmima

Date: 5/5/09 1:42 PM

I wish I knew! I would think soon.. On the Simplicity website, you can sign up to receive e-mails which would probably include notification of when new patterns come out (in addition to some other "junk"). Curious to see if anyone has the timeline figured out!

Lunar_C
star
Lunar_C
Intermediate
AUSTRALIA
Member since 8/4/03
Send Message

In reply to gemmima

Date: 5/6/09 7:36 AM

I've been hanging out for these too....

Ann

------
If it moves, sew it down.

gemmima
gemmima
Member since 10/19/07
Send Message

Date: 5/7/09 11:59 AM

just looked there up now

Vibekeinyork
Vibekeinyork
Intermediate
Member since 7/11/06
Send Message

Date: 5/7/09 12:11 PM

Well, do we like them or not? Quite a limited offering, but I for one are in the mood for easy summer dresses and like all three patterns in the second row. Easy to sew and easy to wear. Easy to showcase pretty summer prints.

I'd have a whole wardrobe of these if I lived in another climate. Here in Oslo one only needs summer dresses for about 3 weeks every other year.

SexiSadi
starstarstar
SexiSadi
Advanced
South Carolina USA
Member since 5/10/05
Send Message

In reply to Vibekeinyork

Date: 5/7/09 12:14 PM

Summer New Looks

Looks like the same suff that's been out for a while now.

------
http://theramblingsoftcm.blogspot.com/
Numbers for 2013:
Yards in stash: 606.25
Yards in: 22.75
Yards out: 10.50

Numbers for 2012:
594.00 yards in stash
4 yards in
10.25 yards out

Numbers for 2011:
601.25 yards in stash (I'm sure this number is off by a few yards)
Yards in: 137.50 (Seriously? I'm over 100, and it's only JULY? Ugh!)
Yards out: 88.75

Kaitlinnegan
star
Kaitlinnegan
Intermediate
Wisconsin USA
Member since 8/13/06
Send Message

Date: 5/7/09 7:45 PM

Some cute things there, but nothing I must have now. Plenty of other things on the to do list

I like the little cap sleeves on this sundress: 6886
6894 is cute as well - I wonder if those scallops at the neckline are sewn, or if it's supposed to be the border of a scalloped edge fabric? Either way, kind of a nice idea.
6901 - nice knit tops and skirts. I like the cowl neckline. It would be nice if they came with more sleeve options, but I suppose that would be easy enough to customize myself.

I kind of wonder if they are discontinuing some old basic patterns. Really..how many peasant top patterns does one need?

Cerisa
Cerisa
Beginner
AUSTRALIA
Member since 8/26/08
Send Message

Date: 5/7/09 7:56 PM

The new patterns are not different from what has been around for a few seasons but they are wearable and reassuring. Perhaps the uncertain economic times has resulted in this. It's good to know that my wardrobe will still be current next summer - it helps with planning.

Karla Kizer
starstarstar
Karla Kizer  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/8/02
Send Message

Date: 5/7/09 8:12 PM

The first few rows gave me flashbacks to my learn-to-sew years - the ones right after buffalo hides and sinew went out of style. I mean, really: if they can't make the garment on the envelope look appealing, why should I even consider it? But as I paged down, there were some skirt offerings my DD might like - some for casual some wear, and some that would be respectable enough for work. So I see a couple of patterns in my future - and the timing is great, since Ann at Gorgeous Fabrics just put lots of stuff on sale, much of it suitable for summer skirts.

------
“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.” -Robert Heinlein and Ann's father. Thanks for the reminder, Ann.

Where are we going, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Matthew 25:40 (New International Version)
The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Sewliz
star
Sewliz  Friend of PR
Colorado USA
Member since 6/22/04
Send Message

In reply to Karla Kizer

Date: 5/7/09 8:46 PM

I had a flashback feeling too. It feels like they took old patterns, made sample garments and redrew the fashion illustrations. First impression was "flour sack" but on closer inspection there are some decent basics that a creative sewer could work some magic with.

------
Liz

thefittinglife.blogspot.com

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> summer new look

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Register

Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Register

My Favorite Duffle Bag

My Favorite Duffle Bag

Buy Now
Sewing Workshop Salsa Blouse Pattern

Sewing Workshop Salsa Blouse Pattern

Buy Now
Simplicity 3790

photo
by: Passion4Se...

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.