SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Fabrics and more... > Jo-Ann's Survey ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Jo-Ann's Survey
Did anybody else get this email?
frame
star
frame
USA
Member since 2/19/04
Send Message

Date: 6/1/09 6:44 PM

It came from Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (joannstores@joann-mail.com). It looks legit.

Quote:
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores would like to inform you of a unique opportunity. We are very interested in your thoughts and opinions so we can provide you with the best possible products and services to meet your creative needs.

Currently, the semi-annual media survey, SIMM, is being conducted. We have asked BIGresearch, one of the nation's leading research firms, to help gather your opinions. In addition to having your opinions counted, BIGresearch also provides a drawing for a chance to win one of over 150 prizes.

The link below takes you to the survey hosted by BIGresearch. Any information you provide will be kept strictly anonymous and confidential.

Jo-Ann values your input and will use the results to better serve you in the future. Your input is greatly appreciated

I clicked on the link to start the survey and it says at least twice that all responses are anonymous. But the email, first name, last name, zip code, gender, and age group are required information. ??? Say what? What's anonymous about that?

Anyway, did anybody else get this? I would do it if it were real, but I'm not sure because that's a mistake that I would hope someone in a corporation would catch.

And if it's real, does that mean Jo-Ann's really wants to know what we think? Hmmmm. Did LindsayT's blog and post have anything to do with this interest of Jo-Ann's?

------
"framed" was taken
"I meant what I said, and I said what I meant." - Horton(Dr. Seuss)

Peggy L
starstarstar
Peggy L  Friend of PR
Advanced
Tennessee USA
Member since 4/8/02
Send Message

Subject: Jo-Anns Survey Date: 6/1/09 6:54 PM

I got one but I haven't clicked on it yet.

------
www.thereisjoyadventures.blogspot.com

Cathy Loves Fabric
star
Cathy Loves Fabric  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 4/16/04
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Subject: Jo-Anns Survey Date: 6/1/09 9:10 PM

I started to do it but when they asked questions about my money and banking practices I exited. Nobody needs to know that.

------
My hope is to sew to the very end. They'll find my head slumped over my precious Kenmore 19606 and have to pry the seam ripper from my cold, dead hands.

Kathi R
star
Kathi R  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 2/28/05
PR Weekend Volunteer
Send Message

Date: 6/1/09 9:33 PM

It is not uncommon for a company to hire an outside firm to do the survey; they may be collecting names so that, if needed, someone from Joann's could verify that the responses were received from real customers. If any of the questions are too much, just ignore the question and move on.

This is the first I have heard of Joann's doing a customer survey and I'd like to encourage anyone who is invited to participate to take the time to do it. They will never know what we are thinking if we don't tell them.

Can you tell that I have organized surveys? Please participate it makes the results so much more valuable.

------
2012 : starting stash 386, net additions 206, used 164, ending stash 428...I'm never going to get in front of this pile of fabric!

KathySews
star
KathySews
Advanced
Michigan USA
Member since 10/1/06
Send Message

Subject: Jo-Anns Survey Date: 6/1/09 10:40 PM

I guess the big question is how to know it is legitimate. I would never give personal info

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to KathySews

Date: 6/2/09 0:24 AM

Hmmm..found this interesting..as most of you who shop know there are many store receipts with numbers to call to answer survey questions..this is a new variation of that I suppose but I would definitely call JOANNs and ask before answering..you just cannot be too careful these days..also find it a little strange that so few PR members have posted on this..as you would think they would have e mailed it to everyone on Joanns list..that is all the members who are on their current Joanns email lists to receive the ads and so forth..

JoAnnStores
JoAnnStores
Advanced
Ohio USA
Member since 6/4/08
Send Message

Subject: Jo-Anns Survey Date: 6/2/09 12:49 PM

This survey is, indeed, from Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores. Kathi is correct about the purpose behind the info requested. The resulting data (your response) is not associated with that contact information you provide, which is how it (the results) can be anonymous.

As indicated, this is a periodic survey conducted by Jo-Ann. It is sent to a random sampling of Jo-Ann shoppers -- not our entire mailing list.

We would encourage you to always err on the side of personal safety and NOT take an e-mailed survey if you doubt its veracity. That said, I hope my post sets your minds at ease. By all means, do not answer any questions if you are not comfortable doing so.

Finally, while we appreciate Lindsay and her willingness to let us engage with her readers, the survey is not a result of that exchange.

Hope this helps!
Leigh-Anne for Jo-Ann
(Yes, the same one from the blog)

gramma b
star
gramma b
USA
Member since 7/25/08
Send Message

Date: 6/2/09 7:21 PM

I didn't get this and I am registered.

Well, I would hope the poll may change something in JoAnnn's. What happens to poll results in any retailer?

As the only remaining fabric source in many places, why don't they listen to the SEWERS? Enough of scrapbooking and other crafts already, you have lots of competition in that area.
But you are poised to INCREASE your sales in FABRICS if you listen!

We want to TOUCH our fabrics before we buy, not always have to order online. I've seen the same Redlines in my JoAnn's for nearly a year, and suspect they are marked UP, then marked DOWN to $5, often for junk.

Clean it out every 4 months! Give us pretty fabrics like RTW and lots more knits, flatfolds, less quilting and 1/4 the FLEECE.
Stock your fabrics by region, we don't need 300 bolts of fleece in the South!
And get some Friendly help that knows how to SEW!

frame
star
frame
USA
Member since 2/19/04
Send Message

In reply to JoAnnStores

Date: 6/2/09 7:39 PM

LeighAnneD, Thank you for your post. I appreciate your response and am glad to hear that I have not been targeted by a phishing scam.

However, I would just like to point out that this is classic Jo-Ann's. Sending out a survey asking for personal information while at the same time saying it is anonymous. Doesn't work for me. My responses may not be connected to my personal information, but my personal information is personal, and I don't think a survey company needs to collect it.

If Jo-Ann's wants my opinion, I would like them to post their survey on their website. Make it truly anonymous so that I can be assured that they are not collecting my personal information. They already have my address and email, but not most of the other personal information.

I would venture to say that just as you received much input from the people here, Jo-Ann's website would receive plenty of feedback.

I won't be filling out this survey. Too much personal information being requested and REQUIRED on the very first page. But if anyone wants it, I will send you the link.

------
"framed" was taken
"I meant what I said, and I said what I meant." - Horton(Dr. Seuss)

peraspera

peraspera
Intermediate
Member since 2/13/09
Send Message

Date: 6/2/09 7:40 PM

I filled out a Joann's survey months ago but they didn't ask for personal information or I would have called Joann's to complain. I don't recall the specific questions but I did let them know I did not appreciate their horrid apparel fabrics. I've yet to buy anything but muslin fabrics from their store but I did recently order a rayon/lycra online that was of decent quality.

You should contact Joann's before filling out anything that asks for personal information.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> Jo-Ann's Survey

Merchants on PR

Fitz Like a Glove Ironing Board Cover

Made In Australia
Deals!

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Nature's Fabrics

Natural & Organic Fabrics
Deals!

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics

Register

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

McCall's 6460

photo
by: Sewlful

Review
Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop Hopscotch Top, Tunic, and Dres

photo
by: Deepika

Review
Pants Fitting DVD

Pants Fitting DVD

Buy Now
Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.