SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sergers, Coverstitch and Blindhemmers > Janome to replace Coverpro 1000 CP with 1000 CPX ( Moderated by CarolynGM, Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Janome to replace Coverpro 1000 CP with 1000 CPX
What have you heard about it?
nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alabama USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

Date: 8/22/09 1:35 PM

According to the Allbrands website, Janome is discontinuing the Coverpro 1000 CP coverstitch and replacing it with the 1000 CPX. I wonder whether anyone has heard anything about the new model and how differs from the old one.

-- Edited on 8/22/09 1:37 PM --

------
No sewing project is ever a complete success nor a total failure.

Shirley03
Shirley03
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 7/2/08
Send Message

In reply to nancy2001

Date: 8/22/09 4:51 PM

Hi Nancy.

I'm in the UK and over here it seems the 1000CP is being replaced by the 1000DX. The 1000DX is the model I recently purchased. It has purple writing and DX is written on the side of it.

It comes with a free dvd, clear foot and the edge lining attachment.

I wrote to Janome UK and asked them what the difference was between the CP and the DX before purchasing and was told the machine is exactly the same except for the purple colouring. The difference is that it comes with the accessories package that I mentioned above.

The purple is very nice actually. Just a little bit of updating going on I guess.

nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alabama USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

Date: 8/22/09 6:24 PM

So, there's no difference in the machine itself except for paint and a couple of accessories. Thanks for the information, Shirley.

------

Seams2Sew
star
Seams2Sew
Advanced Beginner
Member since 8/15/08
Send Message

In reply to nancy2001

Date: 8/22/09 9:18 PM

Now we know why Allbrands is selling the 1000 CP at such a reasonable price. Wonder what MSRP for the 1000 CPX will be?

Betakin
star
Betakin
Advanced
Arizona USA
Member since 4/22/04
Send Message

In reply to Seams2Sew

Date: 8/22/09 11:38 PM

Quite awhile back around the time I saw the Elna 434 cover hem machine finally on the Elna USA site after seeing it months before on a the Elna International site, I also saw the Janome 1000CPX and I think it was on a UK site. I haven't seen it lately though even when trying to find it. I did post here on PR on one of the coverlock threads about the new Janome back then and I thought I posted that it did come with extra feet (from the on line ad that I saw) that the Janome CP models here did not come with .
Surprise now to know that this is a new model here. I was also surprised to learn that the Elna 434 (Same as the Janome 1000) was offered here in America finally after Elna USA told me per email that they would not be offering the 434 here in the USA. This was after I learned that a dealer in NewHampshire was already selling the 434.
So I am wondering if any Janome dealers in the USA are selling the new Cover hem model yet and I am also wondering the price.

Shirley03
Shirley03
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 7/2/08
Send Message

In reply to Seams2Sew

Date: 8/23/09 7:19 AM

The price of the 1000CP had dropped over the last year. Then the DX came along and it was realised that the price drop was a way of getting rid of old stock. The CP could be found fairly easily for around 250GBP. However the price of the DX is between 340 and 360GBP so be aware of this price hike!

Seams2Sew
star
Seams2Sew
Advanced Beginner
Member since 8/15/08
Send Message

In reply to Betakin

Date: 8/23/09 8:30 PM

That's very interesting about the Elna. My local Janome dealer doesn't stock the cover hem only machines, but they quoted me $750 (that's after their 20% discount) for the 1000 CP. Wonder if Elna will also release another model.

Seams2Sew
star
Seams2Sew
Advanced Beginner
Member since 8/15/08
Send Message

In reply to Shirley03
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 8/23/09 8:31 PM

Is there a difference between the CP and the DX?

Betakin
star
Betakin
Advanced
Arizona USA
Member since 4/22/04
Send Message

In reply to Seams2Sew

Date: 8/23/09 10:42 PM

Is the regular CP 1000 considered electronic? The ads that I saw for the DX state it is electronic. I don't know if that only refers to the foot control or anything else in the machine.

nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alabama USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

Date: 8/24/09 12:07 PM

Betakin, I don't think the use of the term electronic means anything. My mechanical Bernina 1008 that operated with old fashioned levers and dials was called "electronic" in the manual. The Coverpro 1000 CP also operates with dials and levers, so it can be described as "electronic," too.

Sew Graceful, the only difference between the CP and the DX is the color of the painted logo and the fact that the DX includes two extra feet.

------

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sergers, Coverstitch and Blindhemmers >> Janome to replace Coverpro 1000 CP with 1000 CPX

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Register

Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets
Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets

Register

Simplicity 2767

photo
by: Mel W.

Review
Vogue Patterns V1174

photo
by: sooolution

Review
Islander Sewing Systems Three Pattern Collection Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Three Pattern Collection Pattern

Buy Now
You Sew Girl Panel Bag

You Sew Girl Panel Bag

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.