Sewing Patterns, Pattern Review, Sewing Classes, Sewing Machines and Sewing Machine Reviews!
Platinum Sponsor: Stylish Fabric
Over 20,000 of high quality reorderable fabric

[SIGNUP - FREE Membership & 1 FREE Sewing Lesson ]
[Sewing Classes|Shopping Bag Your Shopping Bag|Login|Help]
Sewing Review and Pattern Reviews Sewing Knowledge Base Sewing Patterns Sewing Classes & Sewing Lessons Sewing Machine & Embroidery Machinery Sewing Message Boards Sewing merchants Blog Help/FAQ About Pattern Review
Enter your e-mail address:

Advanced Search
Tags
New to PR?
Sewing Machines
Compare Sewing Machines
Sewing Machine & Serger Reviews
Embroidery Machines
Sewing Reviews
Sewing Patterns
Review Gallery
Sewing Books
Sewing Supplies
Sewing Websites
Sewing Stores
Sewing Class Reviews
Sewing Expo Reviews
Sewing Tips & Techniques
Sewing Podcasts
NEW!Fabric Glossary
Sewing Review Requests Add a Review Request
Your Account
Edit Profile
My Page
Favorites
Wish List
Pattern Catalog
Notifications
Friends of PR
Join Friends of PR
Find a member
Deal Corner
Photo Album
Calendar
Chat Room
Chat Schedule
Chat Transcripts
Sewing Classifieds
Add a Classified
Sewing Contests
enter contest
contest report
contest gallery
Favorite Links
reviews with comments
merchant gallery
article archive
newsletter archive
Craft Resources
contact info
shipping rates
returns & refunds
testimonials

Platinum Sponsor - Stylish Fabric
Stylish Fabric
You are not logged in. Login here.

Message Board > Miscellaneous > Poorpiglins MACHINE OF THE MONTH ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Poorpiglins MACHINE OF THE MONTH
My review ....
poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
TX USA
Member since 12/28/07
Login to reply to this post

Date: 11/29/09 6:07 PM

No, NOT THE JUKI... Notice I started this thread in Misc.

I just wanted to let everyone know I purchased a monster steamer.. a steam cleaner.. and highly recommend it to all.
In fairness I don't believe it makes any difference which brand you choose, as it is just steam.. however I purchased the monster steamer from allbrands, using a coupon.

Loved it so much I immediately emailed other members about it.. and a couple of other did buy it and I hope they post their thoughts also.. as at least one member did buy another brand.

Let me tell you.. I have not had as much fun since I bought the ll5ll0 sewing machine.. This machine is positively addicting to use.. Nothing was safe from being steamed clean.. my dogs were even running away..

I found it most helpful for under the venta hood and in areas that one might normally use a toothbrush, or cloth wrapped around an ice pick to get at.. the steam literally melts away grease and grime for you to wipe up.. so much easier..

In the corners of your woodwork.. its great.. and safe to use on wood that has been sealed. Although you are probably not going to steam your woodwork everyday anyway..
I also whoosed it across my furniture as it is wonderful for destroying dust mites and odors.. ditto with my mattresses..

Now I purchased the cannister model.. it held two cups which really last a long time.. I choose this one because it did hold more than the hand model.

On the floors I use a regular mop after steaming instead of the cloths provided, as they do get dirty rather quickly so having enough of them to finish a floor job would be difficult,, on top of the fact you would need to wash them anyways.

Was so overall impressed I also bought a floor model at Home Depot ..a black friday special.. I enjoy the fact it doesn't leave streaks on my chocolate brown tile , as the mop did..

After finishing inside I started in on the cars and the outside siding and anything else that did not move out of my way..

I could go on and on about the uses for this item.. but lets just say.. I could have been sewing on the juki..but this was more fun...

sewfrequent

sewfrequent
Intermediate
TX USA
Member since 6/27/03

Date: 11/29/09 6:28 PM

Indeed I did buy the same machine pigling has upon her recommendation and stayed up half the nite steaming all manner of things. What a BLAST (pun intended)!! The venta-hood and top portion of the microwave would've been impossible but now both look like NEW. love it for floors also and calcium deposits around faucets. it leaves the stainless steel items gleaming. Instructions say soap isn't necessary and i find that to be true but in some cases i do spritz with a cleanser before turning the steam on. I also bought from Allbrands and can say this is a powerful unit and agree--you do get quite a lot of steam with the 2 cups. I can't wait til i need to remove wallpaper this should be IDEAL for that too!

Mufffet
starstarstarstar
Mufffet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
VT USA
Member since 8/14/05

Date: 11/29/09 6:50 PM

This thing sounds great. I have seen the floor cleaner one in action at my DILs and she is hell on wheels of a cleaner - no dust clump is safe, and WOW - I was impressed with the clean floor. She has tile in the kitchen and it does a great job. Not for cleaning pets! HAHAHHA.

The hand held sounds great - I am tempted because of the state of my stove hood and - well - the stove top where the dials are etc.

------
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
--Dalai Lama

I have sewing machines

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
TX USA
Member since 12/28/07

In reply to Mufffet

Date: 11/29/09 7:03 PM

Not only the stove top, but inside the oven as well. as well as that ventahood..
I also whoosed the fronts of my kitchen cabinets,, as before I was using a cleaning cloth and having to rinse it out a lot..etc..but now I just whoose and it loosens all the dirt and food particles, the grease spatters and all off..loosens then up so I can wipe them off without scrubbing.. which can damage the finish..

This machine seems to remove odors also.. I am off to whoose my pillows now..

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
TX USA
Member since 12/28/07

Date: 11/29/09 8:29 PM

AllBrands.com

COUPON CODE.. is friday5 this will get you 5 dollars off the price of an order for this machine..

I will say that you can find similar machines on both overstock and amazon

This information brought to you by popular request ..lol.

Jannie
star
Jannie  Friend of PR
Intermediate
VA USA
Member since 4/25/04

Date: 11/29/09 9:19 PM

Obviously I have missed something. Just what machine did you buy?

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
TX USA
Member since 12/28/07

In reply to Jannie

Date: 11/29/09 9:23 PM

A MONSTER STEAMER.. Its a steam cleaning machine.. it cleans by the force of the steam combined with the heat of the steam.. There are many similar steam cleaners out there on the market by different manufacturers. and I feel in this case,, not being a sewing machine..that one steamer is as good as another.. just check out the specs for each machine you may be considering buying and compare to like machines..

However I do recommend the one I bought for sure...

GlButterfly

GlButterfly
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 8/28/08

Date: 11/29/09 9:24 PM

Will it do mini-blinds (while still hanging)?

Where DO you get all this energy? Can you rent it out? sell it?

------
I have not yet begun to procrastinate

Update: soon I will decide when I will begin procrastinating.

Tishie

Tishie
USA
Member since 4/7/08

In reply to Jannie

Date: 11/29/09 9:32 PM

I think she bought this one

Renren
starstarstarstar
Renren
Member since 7/20/05

Date: 11/29/09 9:33 PM

I DO need to remove wallpaper. Are you saying this MONSTER steamer will also remove wallpaper? And will it clean wood blinds? I think I need one of these. Oh, my gosh, I just thought of another use for it . . . the concrete floors in the garage. Yay! How about the upright cleaner for floors . . . any experience with that?

Poorpigling (are you sure it's not poorpiglet?), do you review a new machine each month and have I somehow missed it?

I think I am ordering one of these tomorrow!
-- Edited on 11/29/09 9:34 PM --

------
ren

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Poorpiglins MACHINE OF THE MONTH

Merchants on PR
Patterns from the Past
vintage sewing patterns
Deals!
Elliott Berman Textiles
Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!
Sewn Square One
Patterns for Your Style.
Web site
Gwyn Hug
Fabric Shopping Help!
Deals!
Lanetzliving Vintage Sewing Patterns
Vintage Sewing Patterns
Deals!

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.
Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Online Sewing Classes
Clone Your Favorite Garment
Fee: $19.99
(Regular $49.00)
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Online Sewing Classes
Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets
Fee: $49.00
(Regular $49.00)
Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets

Kwik Sew 2530 Men Shirts
photo
Review by novicesewi... on 2/13/11
Read Review

Jamie Christina Sol Hoodie Digital Pattern (JC316SHE)
Jamie Christina Sol Hoodie Digital Pattern (JC316SHE)

Details
Price: $10.95
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Jamie Christina Bibury Capelet Digital Pattern (JC302BC)
Jamie Christina Bibury Capelet Digital Pattern (JC302BC)

Details
Price: $7.50
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Simplicity 2443
photo
Review by CJgal on 8/28/11
Read Review

Petite Plus 202 Pattern
Petite Plus 202 Pattern

Details
Price: $21.00
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Petite Plus 504 Pattern
Petite Plus 504 Pattern

Details
Price: $21.00
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Simplicity 1818 Pattern ( Size 16-18-20-22-24 )
Simplicity 1818 Pattern ( Size 16-18-20-22-24 )

Details
Price: $17.95
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Butterick 5613 Pattern ( Size 14-16-18-20-22 )
Butterick 5613 Pattern ( Size 14-16-18-20-22 )

Details
Price: $18.95
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Subscribe to PR Message Board Feed Subscribe to the PR Message Board Feed Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe at NewsGator Online Subscribe at Bloglines Add to MyMSN