SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Patterns and Notions > Interfacing sale at Fashion Sewing Supply ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Interfacing sale at Fashion Sewing Supply
enabling notions purchases
MasoumaRose
star
MasoumaRose
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

Subject: Interfacing sale at Fashion Sewing Supply (through 12/12/09) Date: 12/6/09 1:19 PM

I received a note this morning from Fashion Sewing Supply that they are dramatically overstocked and are having a sale though December 12. I'm a satisfied customer (I'm not affiliated with Fashion Sewing Supply) and I do recommend their products. I have used the Pro-Weft Fusible interfacing and I'm had great experiences with it--it irons on smoothly and doesn't bubble. I was skeptical when I first heard all the comments about this interfacing and I used to be happy with the stuff I got from J's but now I'm spoiled. If you have not tried this interfacing, and are on the fence, I recommend that you take this opportunity to try some.

Fashion Sewing Supply
-- Edited on 12/6/09 1:20 PM --

------
Needles Pins Thorns (my sewing blog)
needlespinsthorns.blogspot.com

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

Date: 12/6/09 3:19 PM

I was awoken by the distress call!

Ok, it was the "SALE" part that woke me. Very good fusible interfacing; I don't use fusibles very often, but one always needs some on hand, and that's an awfully good price! (And I'm weak. Very weak.)

------
I heart Panzy, Pfaff Creative Performance, the sewing machine love of my life!
And Baby (Enlighten serger), Victor (BLCS), Rupert (Pfaff 2023-knits expert) Ash (B350SE-Artwork), Kee (B750QEE-Panzy's BFF), Georgie (B560-Kee's baby sister) and the Feather-Flock!

Most of all, I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

Re Becca
starstarstar
Re Becca  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 9/12/05
Send Message

In reply to LynnRowe

Date: 12/6/09 3:41 PM

I love her stuff! I will be placing my order to take some of it off of her hands. (NAYY) Its worth the hype, you fuse it once and it actually sticks!

------
http://beccabeckstuff.blogspot.com/

Damn the muslin, full speed ahead!

ElizabethDee
star
ElizabethDee
Advanced Beginner
New York USA
Member since 12/27/06
Send Message

Date: 12/6/09 4:00 PM

Thank you, MasoumaRose! I just logged onto PR because I read the exact same email and am glad that you have already started spreading the word.

I wanted to add that I have tried the Pro-Sheer Elegance as well as the Pro-Weft, and it is WONDERFUL for lightweight fabrics, including knits. I am something of a nobody in the sewing room, but well-regarded people recommend the Fashion Sewing Supply interfacings too -- Trudy at HotPatterns is one and I am pretty sure that Ann Steeves of Gorgeous Fabrics is another. Pam Erny, one of the co-owners, has a great blog with tutorials (especially for shirts) and tips on using the interfacings.

Forgive me for sounding like a commercial, everyone. I am now turning off the "Attention, smart shoppers!" voice and heading over to the sewexciting.com site.

Elizabeth

Restart06
star
Restart06  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 10/29/06
Send Message

Date: 12/6/09 5:09 PM

You all beat me to the announcement. I have placed my order, and how fortunate for me as I needed interfacing, Just in time.

------
There is no easy way! quote from my Grandfather
Sharing is caring!

Natalie D.
star
Natalie D.
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/31/05
Send Message

In reply to MasoumaRose

Date: 12/7/09 0:48 AM

How does the Pro-Weft differ from Armo-Weft or Whisper-weft? I'm used to buying by the bolt and those prices seem high to me. Is it just me?

------
"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted the spoons" Ralph Waldo Emerson

MasoumaRose
star
MasoumaRose
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

In reply to Natalie D.

Date: 12/7/09 2:52 PM

I'm unfamiliar with Pro-Weft, Armo-Weft, Whisper-weft, so I cannot answer this question. I do know that Fashion Sewing Supply sells a sample set so that you can see and test the interfacing. If you have interfacing that works, then you probably shouldn't change it, but if you are on the fence about your current interfacing, this looks like a good opportunity to try something different.

------
Needles Pins Thorns (my sewing blog)
needlespinsthorns.blogspot.com

emelle
star
emelle
Alabama USA
Member since 11/22/07
Send Message

In reply to Natalie D.

Date: 12/7/09 8:02 PM

I don't know Armo nor Whisper weft but is the width the same? I think Pam's are 60 inches.

Natalie D.
star
Natalie D.
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/31/05
Send Message

In reply to emelle

Date: 12/8/09 1:05 AM

wow.... 60 inches. I have not seen that except for hymo, hair canvas and organza! Thanks all. I'll send for sample swatches.

------
"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted the spoons" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Elcue
Elcue  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 6/13/12
Send Message

Date: 8/9/12 9:30 AM

ANNIVERSARY SALE !

SAVE BIG on ALL of our fabulous INTERFACINGS through August 15th

LOWEST PRICES OF THE YEAR

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> Interfacing sale at Fashion Sewing Supply

Merchants on PR

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Budo Bear Designs

Asian Designs
Web site

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

Gwyn Hug

Fabric Shopping Help!
Deals!

Style Arc sewing dress patterns

Patterns That Fit
Web site

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets
Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets

Register

Create a Jacket Muslin
Create a Jacket Muslin

Register

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-2009-101A

photo
by: yummymummy...

Review
Vogue Patterns 8392

photo
by: cleverkitt...

Review
You Sew Girl Fan Bag Pattern

You Sew Girl Fan Bag Pattern

Buy Now
Lolita Patterns Spearmint Paper Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.