SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Sewing Machines > Babylock Ellure ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Babylock Ellure
Any feed back on this machine
dreamsofquilting
dreamsofquilting
Advanced
TX USA
Member since 11/23/09
Send Message

Date: 12/28/09 5:28 PM

In the market for a new machine. I've had my mind set on the Juki F600, 6600p and the Quest Plus..still havn't decided because a big part of me wants to embroidary also.. I stopped by my Babylock dealer today and sewed for about an hour on the Ellure. She quoted me a price of $799.00. Sewed beautifully. The price jumped up to 1300.00 for the plus. The only difference was the knee lift and that the plus could be connected to a computer. She has the PES box to use with the Ellure. I thought the price was great, just wanted some input from people who have this machine. She said I could upgrade at anytime and she would give me full resale on it..

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
BC CANADA
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to dreamsofquilting

Date: 12/28/09 5:56 PM

IMO, you just can't go wrong with a Babylock. With the full-resale on trade-ups, you also can't lose.

I love my Babylocks (Evolve that was traded for the new Enlighten; blindhemmer; coverstitch; Espire on order) and my BL dealer.

If you're undecided, try out the Ellure, and down the road trade up...or go for a stand-alone embroidery machine.

------
I heart Panzy, Pfaff Creative Performance, the sewing machine love of my life!
And Baby (Enlighten serger), Victor (BLCS), Rupert (Pfaff 2023-knits expert) Ash (B350SE-Artwork), Kee (B750QEE-Panzy's BFF), Georgie (B560-Kee's baby sister) and the Feather-Flock!

Most of all, I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

my horse
star
my horse
Advanced
NC USA
Member since 5/9/05
Send Message

Date: 12/28/09 6:02 PM

I've had the Ellure Plus for a year now and highly recommend it. For the price difference I might go with the straight Ellure. I find the knee lift inconvenient with my table so I haven't done anything but try it and then stick it back in the box. The embroidery stitchouts are excellent and overall the machine is very user friendly!

Try doing a search of the message board for other threads on this machine.

------
She looks for wool and flax And works with her hands in delight. Proverbs 31:13 NAS

Betakin
star
Betakin
Advanced
AZ USA
Member since 4/22/04
Send Message

Date: 12/28/09 6:37 PM

I have a separate embroidery machine and I did give the Ellure a test drive a few years ago when I was thinking about getting a combo. I thought it was a very nice machine.
I would have had to sell my emb. only machine and one of my other machines to purchase the Ellure but though I liked the Ellure I decided to stay with the machines that I have, mainly because I do have a Brother Innovis Q which is very similar to the Ellure but my Brother doesn't have embroidery and my Brother has a slightly larger bed and came with many extras including knee lift and extension table and quilt kit and etc. but I thought I would have been very satisfied with the Ellure had I purchased it.
I have not tried out the Juki or the Quest Plus. I did try the first Quest machine 2 times and I really was not too impressed with the machine. I was disappointed because I think it has many nice features.
I have never tried the Janome 6600 either having no local Janome dealer but I do own some Janome products and I do like the Janome quality.
The Juki, Janome 6600 and Quest do not have embroidery but if you decide on a combo machine I think the Ellure is a nice machine at least for the type of work that I do. If you should get the Ellure and decide it does not meet all that your sewing requires it is nice that you can always trade up.

Lil Flo
Lil Flo
Advanced Beginner
LA USA
Member since 4/17/09
Send Message

Date: 12/28/09 7:08 PM

I tried the Ellure Plus the other day and found it was not as strong as the Juki F600, it was nice though. Very pretty decorative stitches. I went from the Ellure and then Juki, no comparision, the Juki was much more powerful. Had I been quoted the price you were I might have given it a second thought. The Ellure Plus has the usb stick capbility, a must for me. My dealer wanted $1595. I'm sure had I showed intererst, he would have given a better price. I tried the Quest several years ago, not too impressed with it. I had a 6600, didn't care for it at all. Big and Bulky. Alot of people do like this machine. Just not me. All in all, that really is a great price for the Babylock Ellure. HTH

sewfrequent

sewfrequent
Intermediate
TX USA
Member since 6/27/03
Send Message

Date: 12/28/09 7:09 PM

The Ellure is a great machine and that's a really good price. The boxes work fine too. I say go for it!

dreamsofquilting
dreamsofquilting
Advanced
TX USA
Member since 11/23/09
Send Message

Date: 12/28/09 7:46 PM

Thanks for all that replied...Hi Flo...lol...I want to do quilting and embroidery..I thought for the price it would be a good embroidery machine that I could sew on also..then maybe up the road by the one I really want for my quilting..then I will have two machines that do both..the other option would be to get the machine to do the quilting and wait on the embroidery..decisions decisions....lol...I'm so tired of thinking about it..but it's fun to look...

Betakin
star
Betakin
Advanced
AZ USA
Member since 4/22/04
Send Message

Date: 12/28/09 8:52 PM

At the time that I tried out the Ellure, I thought with the Ellure for deco sewing and embroidery I would also like the Brother PQ 1500 S which is a straight stitch large bed quilt machine then I would be all set. I wanted to down size my little group of machines but after much thought I know that I am all set with the machines that I now own and do not want to give any of them up because they have served me extremely well. The same goes for my 2 sergers. I use both equally.
I still think that the Ellure and Brother 1500S would be wonderful to own if I had to start over with purchasing a machine. I would prefer these to even newer TOL models.

borderheeler
borderheeler
Beginner
Member since 1/1/09
Send Message

Date: 12/28/09 9:20 PM

Mind if I ask: why the Quest Plus and not the Espire? I just started looking for a good applique/quilting machine and the 6600 is also on my list. The Espire caught my eye for the pivot feature. Was wondering why you had been considering the Quest Plus instead (getting as many opinions and as much info as I can!). Thanks!

IDcam
IDcam
Advanced Beginner
CA USA
Member since 5/13/09
Send Message

Date: 12/28/09 9:43 PM

If you'll get your purchase price on a trade-in then I say why not go for the Ellure since you like it. Then you'll have time to sew on it, decide what you like or don't like, then have a better idea of what you want in your next sewing (or embroidery) machine. I'm guilty of being the kind of shopper that gets lured by the all the bells and whistles of a product to only buy it and realize I would've been just fine with a lower model. You can always trade up but it sure is hard to trade down without losing some money.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Babylock Ellure

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Register

Simplicity 9891

photo
by: flyingwind...

Review
McCall's 6512

photo
by: Lori V

Review
Jackets for Real People DVD

Jackets for Real People DVD

Buy Now
Sew Liberated Brynna Dress Pattern

Sew Liberated Brynna Dress Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.