SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Machine Embroidery > BabyLock Ellageo Plus (BLL2) ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
BabyLock Ellageo Plus (BLL2)
Review & Price
fwbean472
fwbean472
Advanced Beginner
Alabama USA
Member since 8/17/05
Send Message

Date: 3/12/10 11:27 AM

I had a BL Ellageo 2 that I sold a little over a year ago and have regretted ever since. I purchased the embroidery unit for my Bernina 440 QE, but am not in love or really even like with the Bernina. (My apologies to all of the Bernina lovers out there.)

Does anyone have the Ellageo Plus? There weren't any reviews. Also, what's the price?

Thanks,
Alathia

diningroomseamstress
star
diningroomseamstress
Intermediate
Michigan USA
Member since 2/27/07
Send Message

In reply to fwbean472

Date: 3/18/10 7:45 AM

I bought the Ellageo 2 about 1 1/2 yrs ago. I paid $3900 for it. I don't use it too much but its a really nice machine. I tried to sell it on PR last year but to no avail. I like the machine but I just don't do embroidery that much and I have other machines that I use more. It is very lonely.

------
Carol - * I always have more time to sew *
Babylock Ellageo, Viking Mega Quilter, Janome MC6600P, Babylock Evolve Serger, Janome FM 725

fwbean472
fwbean472
Advanced Beginner
Alabama USA
Member since 8/17/05
Send Message

Date: 3/18/10 11:27 AM

Hi, Carol. I don't do tons of embroidery either. But when I want to embroider, I want to embroider and not have to futz with the machine. I'm sorry your Ellageo is lonely, I hope he/she finds a new home. They do beautiful embroidery and have the most user friendly interface, IMO.

Update on the BLL2 (Just in case anyone happens to be reading this thread):
Called a dealer in the FL panhandle that a friend recommended. She quoted me $2,988 for a new in the box. Great price, but it's a 4 hour drive one way.

E-mailed my local dealer asking for her best price. I've frequented their shop in the past. MSRP for the machine is $5,999. She quoted me $4,999 and she'd throw in the the Ellageo workbook and the rolling suitcase and embroidery unit bag.

Decided to drive 80 miles to another dealer to take a look around. Plus I saw on their website, if you schedule your machine service, they provide same day service. I like it! Anywho, $3,499 for the Ellageo Plus. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. If I decide to trade-up within 12 months of purchasing the Ellageo, they'll apply the full purchase price towards the upgrade. Even if the upgraded machine is on sale, they'll apply the previous purchase price to the sale price. I was ready to buy, buy, buy. DH asked me to wait until I sell the other machine.

Someone is coming to look the Bernina Friday afternoon. Fingers crossed.

Alathia

Steffie
starstar
Steffie
Intermediate
Michigan USA
Member since 11/6/04
Send Message

In reply to fwbean472

Date: 3/28/10 10:05 AM

How is the machine sale going? Did you find a buyer?

fwbean472
fwbean472
Advanced Beginner
Alabama USA
Member since 8/17/05
Send Message

In reply to Steffie

Date: 3/28/10 12:46 PM

I did sell the Bernina to one of the ladies in my quilt guild. Thank you for asking. After mulling it over for a bit, I wound up purchasing an embroidery only machine. I have a sewing machine that I love and don't need the sewing features on the BL.

I saw that you were finally able to get your Ellisimo. Congratulations! It's a really cool machine.

Alathia

Steffie
starstar
Steffie
Intermediate
Michigan USA
Member since 11/6/04
Send Message

In reply to fwbean472

Date: 3/28/10 1:31 PM

Good for you -- both on the sale and your eventual purchase.

shelbah
shelbah
Member since 8/20/10
Send Message

In reply to fwbean472

Date: 8/20/10 0:51 AM

hey I'm in your boat...kinda newbie, kinda not and I'm looking to upgrade from my ese2...I also do not care for my local dealership as they treat newbies kinda like a meal ticket and try to sell you the whole farm...so would you mind sharing who you found on FL panhandle? And just curios where in AL? I'm in Mobile. Thx - Shelba

fwbean472
fwbean472
Advanced Beginner
Alabama USA
Member since 8/17/05
Send Message

In reply to shelbah

Date: 8/20/10 9:41 PM

I'm in Birmingham. Several of my friends who have boycotted the local BL dealer recommended Ruthie's Notions in FL even though they have to drive 4 hours. They were raving about her prices and all of the great classes available. I spoke with her on the phone, she was really nice. Good luck.

Alathia

SewSomeFriends
SewSomeFriends
Member since 12/10/11
Send Message

In reply to fwbean472

Date: 12/12/11 6:39 PM

Hi ~

I'm contemplating an embroidery machine, but don't know anything about them, and find the Viking & Bernina's rather expensive. I also need something user friendly.

What type "embroidery only" machine did you buy, and how do you like it.

Thanks !

Kadair6201
Kadair6201
Intermediate
Member since 4/25/12
Send Message

In reply to diningroomseamstress <<

Date: 4/25/12 10:12 PM

Is the Ellageo Plus still for sale?

Thanks,
Kelly B

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> BabyLock Ellageo Plus (BLL2)

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

Altering Jackets
Altering Jackets

Register

Simplicity 2312

photo
by: CaitlinH

Review
Simplicity 4044

photo
by: shaleenyma...

Review
SewBaby Quick Kitchen Gifts Pattern

SewBaby Quick Kitchen Gifts Pattern

Buy Now
Islander Sewing Systems Men's Islander Shirt Pattern Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Islander Shirt Pattern Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.