SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Fabrics and more... > FabricClub dot com ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
FabricClub dot com
Advice? Experience?
SewVeryCreative

SewVeryCreative
Advanced
Florida USA
Member since 8/23/07
Send Message

Date: 3/13/10 7:24 PM

I placed two orders ~ one on Feb 28, and one on March 1. The first order was for the Designer 1x1 Rib Knit bundle and the second was for the Victoria Secrets Lingerie bundle.

Finally, FINALLY, the first order came today ~ it had been shipped March 3 and spent over a week stuck in Jacksonville (have no idea why).

My second order, the Victoria Secrets Lingerie bundle STILL has not shipped yet. This is despite their policy of shipping ALL orders within 5 days. I have emailed them only to receive NO response.

I'm thinking that despite what they said on their website, they were out of the VSLb and are waiting (and making me wait, too) for another shipment.

I wouldn't mind waiting ~ I really wouldn't. BUT I'd like to be told up-front what's going and why everything's taking so freaking long.

Anyone else have this problem with them? Anyone have any words of encouragement?

------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Connie in Panama City Beach, Florida :)

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through" ~ David Bowie, "Changes"

http://www.imsewverycreative.blogspot.com

loti
starstarstar
loti  Friend of PR
Advanced
Florida USA
Member since 5/27/04
Send Message

In reply to SewVeryCreative

Date: 3/13/10 9:24 PM

How were the fabrics you received? I ordered from them once, and then I checked the fabric. I sent them an email letting them know that half of the order was damaged and have received no feedback. However I had loaded up my cart for a second time and decided not to buy, and I received emails and a phone call telling me that the order was in the shipping department and they were awaiting payment.

Huh? I told them that once I had checked the first order and found the problems I decided not to go ahead with the order. It's been pretty quiet after that.

If I haven't heard from them I would contact your cc company or paypal and file a dispute before it's too late.
I'm sorry not to be more encouraging.

------
"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.
Coco Chanel

Stash Sewn in 2011 148.5 Yds
Stash Sewn in 2012.... counting...

http://adonising.blogspot.com

Coconuts
star
Coconuts  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Michigan USA
Member since 12/2/09
Send Message

Date: 3/13/10 10:45 PM

I FINALLY got my order today, sort of, after a politely demanding email on Wednesday that they ship or refund my money by Friday after I ordered and paid on March 1st.

I say sort of because I only got one of the two pieces I ordered, and have not received a refund back for the other piece, nor any indication when I might get it, nor any email acknowledgment that I am due a refund.

I don't know whether to just email or open a Paypal dispute.

SewVeryCreative

SewVeryCreative
Advanced
Florida USA
Member since 8/23/07
Send Message

Date: 3/13/10 10:45 PM

From Fabric Club's Policy/Help page:

Quote:
All orders are filled and shipped within 3- to 5 business days from receipt of your order. We ship orders Monday thru Friday. All orders are shipped from Roswell, Georgia. Some Special Orders are shipped directly from the manufacturer.

Am I being unreasonable???? From what you're saying, Lotti, it seems as though if they're awaiting payment, they contact you quickly. If YOU'RE the one waiting, you can kiss their patooties for all they care.

I ain't impressed at ALL.

------

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through" ~ David Bowie, "Changes"

Coconuts
star
Coconuts  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Michigan USA
Member since 12/2/09
Send Message

Date: 3/13/10 10:48 PM

It says 5-7 business days somewhere else on their site, but that's still past.

ETA: And no, you're not being at all unreasonable.
-- Edited on 3/13/10 10:58 PM --

loti
starstarstar
loti  Friend of PR
Advanced
Florida USA
Member since 5/27/04
Send Message

Date: 3/13/10 10:49 PM

You're not being unreasonable. And I think what you are saying is correct. I've never had fabric.com call me because I have something in my basket. It was pretty strange.

------
Coco Chanel

SewVeryCreative

SewVeryCreative
Advanced
Florida USA
Member since 8/23/07
Send Message

In reply to loti

Date: 3/15/10 6:41 PM

Quote:
How were the fabrics you received?

I finally got a chance to really look through the bundle (DH and DD have been home sick). I had ordered the Designer 1x1 Rib Knit bundle (which no longer shows on their website ~ much like the Victoria Secrets Lingerie bundle).

The fabrics look okay. They feel okay, too. Nothing really bad, but nothing I'd write home about. In fact, I get the feeling that "Designer" might mean whoever the manufacturing company is for the Wal*Mart brand. I dunno.

I sent them another email a few days ago and still no word. I'll call them tomorrow (which I was trying to avoid ~ last thing I want to do is lose my temper on the phone). And if I can't get answers tomorrow, I'll notify PayPal that I'm being rooked.

------

Coconuts
star
Coconuts  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Michigan USA
Member since 12/2/09
Send Message

Date: 3/15/10 8:34 PM

Don't worry about losing your temper on the phone, I'll bet you the VS Bundle they won't answer.

On the bright side, when I demanded the refund for the missing piece, they did credit it quickly. Although they really should have credited it when they shipped everything else on Thursday, rather than waiting until I sent a terse email.

loti
starstarstar
loti  Friend of PR
Advanced
Florida USA
Member since 5/27/04
Send Message

Date: 3/15/10 10:03 PM

I asked because it seems to me like they just get cuts or bolt ends. Much of what I received I recognized as good quality but in bad shape. When I opened one piece of white fabric there was a yellow stain down the crease (that I have not been able to get out completely). Another piece was discolored, two others stained, there were three pieces that were in good shape and they are really nice fabrics. I feel like when we buy we are rescuing abused fabrics. At least they were cheap, but I don't like that they are doing this to you, it means it could happen to any of us.

Keep us posted.

------
Coco Chanel

QuickFade
star
QuickFade
Intermediate
USA
Member since 6/7/05
Send Message

Date: 3/15/10 10:51 PM

There have been other threads about this vendor. I tried working with them years ago, but they were very undependable, lots of excuses, hard to get them to return calls, and they even switched fabrics on me rather than simply not charging me for what I ordered. I have not ordered from them for years. I don't want to be sounding like I'm bashing them, but there are people here who have been through a lot with them. I would search for them in the threads to get the background. I used to confuse the name with fabric.com, but they are totally different. I just placed an order with fabric.com last week, and the customer service was marvelous, I was able to combine discounts to get sale fabric an additional 30% off with free shipping to boot. Got roughly about $140 worth of fabric for $50 with free shipping and no tax as far as I remember. Gorgeous stuff, too. I am supposed to receive it about Wednesday. But, fabricclub.com is a different animal, sorry to say.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> FabricClub dot com

Merchants on PR

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

Gwyn Hug

Fabric Shopping Help!
Deals!

Lanetzliving Vintage Sewing Patterns

Vintage Sewing Patterns
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Bust Adjustments
Bust Adjustments

Register

Understanding Wool Fabrics
Understanding Wool Fabrics

Register

Simplicity 2909

photo
by: cosmoblue

Review
Ottobre Design Magazine 04-2012-25

photo
by: Sandi S

Review
Christine Jonson Slit Skirt & Pencil Skirt

Christine Jonson Slit Skirt & Pencil Skirt

Buy Now
Sewing Workshop Tahoe Pants Pattern

Sewing Workshop Tahoe Pants Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.