SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Patterns and Notions > Sewin' Sheer interfacing by HTC ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Sewin' Sheer interfacing by HTC
Is this not made anymore?
Sewliz
star
Sewliz  Friend of PR
Colorado USA
Member since 6/22/04
Send Message

Date: 3/31/10 11:09 AM

I can't find it anywhere online. I have some in black that I got at least five years ago and every now and then a well behaved sew in knit interfacing is just the right thing for a project. I thought I would get it in white as well. It is listed in the Threads Magazine interfacing chart from 2008. Has Sewin' Sheer been discontinued?

------
Liz

thefittinglife.blogspot.com

Jatman
star
Jatman  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Michigan USA
Member since 6/26/06
Send Message

In reply to Sewliz

Date: 3/31/10 11:40 AM

Hi Sewliz! It looks like that article was written by Ann Steeves of Gorgeous Fabrics - I just looked at the GF website and didn't find the interfacing. Have you contacted them yet? They may be able to at least tell you if it's still available. Just a thought.

JT

Patti B
starstarstarstar
Patti B  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Oregon USA
Member since 9/29/02
Send Message

Subject: Sewin Sheer interfacing by HTC Date: 3/31/10 11:55 AM

If it's discontinued, I'd look at Pam Erny's interfacings or Palmer/Pletsch's. I've had good luck with both and neither require preshrinking (!). Pam has a lightweight knit interfacing that might just fill the bill.

ETA So sorry, I overlooked the 'sew-in' in your question. HTC doesn't show it on their site now; only the fusible version is there.
-- Edited on 3/31/10 4:21 PM --

------
Patti

R-r-r-ripping my way to fitting success

Elona
star
Elona  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 8/24/02
online now
Send Message

In reply to Sewliz

Date: 3/31/10 2:31 PM

Well, rats, I just ran a search and can't find it either, now that you mention it! As you say, there are times that this stuff is the perfect sew-in.

Sewliz
star
Sewliz  Friend of PR
Colorado USA
Member since 6/22/04
Send Message

Date: 3/31/10 5:48 PM

This afternoon I stopped by the local independent to see if they had any Sewin' Sheer since I sometimes find things there that are a little behind the times. They didn't have any and the salesperson told me that the HTC company is gone. ???!!!! I know I live out in the woods and am a bit clueless about what is going on in the world but how did I miss this? Is it true? No more HTC sewing products? It would make sense since the brand has been disappearing from places like JoAnn. And, wwaaaaah, no more Sewin' Sheer!

The sales person said the Bosal company is now making interfacings that the store carries. She said something about the sewin'sheer type being on order but I don't see any on the Bosal website.

Yes, it's the non-fusible aspect that is so nice. A good lightweight and slightly crisp tricot interfacing that can be sewn in, it's useful. I don't always want to glue stuff to my fabric.

I just got a sample pack of Pam's interfacings at Sew Exciting. It's pretty amazing to handle interfacing that feels and nice as beautiful fabric. One is a sew in but is a woven cotton poly. I also have all four of the Palmer Pletsch varieties which are nice but all fusible.
-- Edited on 3/31/10 5:49 PM --

------
Liz

Elona
star
Elona  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 8/24/02
online now
Send Message

In reply to Sewliz

Date: 3/31/10 6:27 PM

I think we have to scour whatever brick and mortars we can find. They never get rid of anything, except every now and then. A couple of years ago, I found real lambswool--real lambswool--that fluffy, loosely-woven wool that's so great for sleeve heads, etc., at an old fabric shop where the owner had finally given up and dragged the bolt out of the basement and put it on sale. When I bought enough to last me the rest of my life, he looked at me owlishly and asked, "Do you know what you have there?"

Did I ever!
-- Edited on 3/31/10 6:28 PM --

KimG
star
KimG  Friend of PR
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 1/3/07
Send Message

Date: 3/31/10 8:02 PM

I had the HTC site bookmarked, and it is definitely gone. This is so disappointing--75% of my personal interfacing chart is, well was, HTC, and now I'll have to phase in new stuff. Not that finding new stuff is bad, but selecting the right interfacing is not something I particularly look forward to when starting a new project. Thanks for the not-so-good news . . .

TessKwiltz
star
TessKwiltz  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 9/21/07
Send Message

Date: 4/1/10 2:11 PM

last summer I was looking for Form-flex and couldn't find it, and I thought I remembered reading that HTC was gone. But who is this?
HTC-Retail
They have Form-flex. But not Sewin' Sheer I'm sorry to say...

------
Tess

On threadpainting flowers: "How many colors are in a flower? ... How many do you have?" - Ellen Anne Eddy

goodworks1
star
goodworks1  Friend of PR
Advanced
Illinois USA
Member since 7/19/03
Send Message

Subject: Sewin Sheer interfacing by HTC Date: 4/2/10 10:58 AM

Does anyone have a photo of the sew in sheer? I've not tried it, and I can't quite imagine what it's like (or what one would use as a substitute.)

------
blog: goodworks1.wordpress.com

Sewliz
star
Sewliz  Friend of PR
Colorado USA
Member since 6/22/04
Send Message

In reply to goodworks1

Date: 4/2/10 12:35 PM

It looks a bit like Palmer Pletsch's "sheer" weight but it is crisper like a lighter weight nonwoven and of course has no fusing glue dots. It is also very smooth to touch, not a fuzzy feel like some knit interfacings have.

Bummer, no more Sewin' Sheer, and no more HTC products eventually and that includes Sof Knit, Fusi Knit, and Touch o' Gold, all useful interfacings that work well. All the fusibles I can find replacements for but not the Sewin' Sheer. A lightweight woven poly cotton might work, but it's not really the same.

I'm not sure what to make of the htc-retail.com site, maybe selling old stock?

------
Liz

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> Sewin' Sheer interfacing by HTC

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Register

Fun with Fitting - PANTS
Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Register

Lingerie Secrets The Smoothie Pantie

photo
by: Holmar

Review
Sewing Workshop Liberty Shirt Pattern

Sewing Workshop Liberty Shirt Pattern

Buy Now
You Sew Girl SEWING CLASS 1 - Shopping Bag Pattern

You Sew Girl SEWING CLASS 1 - Shopping Bag Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.