SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Patterns and Notions > La Mia Boutique subscription/purchase sources ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
La Mia Boutique subscription/purchase sources
Where to buy subscriptions or individual issues
chicaem29
star
chicaem29  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
NY USA
Member since 3/4/09
Send Message

Date: 4/2/10 2:34 PM

At LynnRowe's suggestion, I thought it would be helpful to have a separate thread with information about where to buy issues of or subscribe to La Mia Boutique.

A source I just learned of this week is SpeedImpex. You can subscribe to the regular, monthly issues of LMB for $124/year, and to the quarterly special sizes issues (called Gli Speciali Della Boutique - the plus issues are called Taglie Forti) for $62/year. You can email them at subscriptions@speedimpex.com or call them at the New York office (see the link above for the number). Extension 113 will connect you to the subscription people.

I just found out about this from them today, so I've only signed up for my subscriptions - I haven't paid or received any issues yet. But, they are the only source I have found for subscribing to the quarterly special sizes issues. If you'd like to receive the next special sizes issue (coming out in May), contact SpeedImpex by the end of next week (4/9) to let them know.

Another source for subscriptions is the LMB publisher, Hepi Press. Subscriptions for North America are 105 Euros/year. You can apparently also order individual issues from them, but I don't know if anyone has actually done this successfully.

Magazine Cafe is another source for subscriptions or individual issues. It's not always reliable for individual issues - some people have ordered issues and then had their money refunded.

For individual issues, you could try Around the World Fashion Magazines and Books. They don't always carry it but it could be worth check their site or calling them.

A number of people have bought individual issues from this ebay seller.

Individual back issues can also be purchased from this Dutch site.

Please add any other LMB subscription or ordering information you may know of. I know there are two sources for a new(ish) French version.
-- Edited on 4/9/10 10:28 AM --

Little umbrella

Little umbrella
Intermediate
AB CANADA
Member since 6/26/07
Send Message

Date: 4/2/10 3:00 PM

I subscript through this site.http://www.abbonatiweb.it/articoli.asp?articolo=55 by using paypal which I think is the most secure way to pay. And apparently it seems my subscription was delivered the fastest every month. Just one thing I wasn't really happy about them is the pakaging which is only a shrink plastic wrap.

chicaem29
star
chicaem29  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
NY USA
Member since 3/4/09
Send Message

In reply to Little umbrella

Date: 4/2/10 3:02 PM

That site is the one you get taken to if you follow the links from the Hepi Press site. Thanks for the information about the packaging and shipping speed!

ConnieBJ
starstar
ConnieBJ  Friend of PR
Advanced
ON
Member since 12/31/03
Contest Committee
Send Message

Date: 4/2/10 3:44 PM

In Canada I have had off and on luck with the Chapters off of Queens W on John Street. That store is near the garment district, which may be why they carry copies.

------
Connie Bontje

http://www.couturesmith.com
Twitter: Couturesmith
Facebook: Connie Bontje
Desperately trying to keep ahead of my pattern, fabric and dressform collection!

squirrellypoo
starstarstarstar
squirrellypoo
Advanced
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 3/27/05
Send Message

Date: 4/2/10 5:14 PM

A French publisher has just optioned to translate every issue of La Mia Boutique into French, under the name "Ma Boutique" and you can buy single issues here for 5 euros each, or click the yellow button and give them your details if you'd like to tell them you'd be interested in them starting up a subscription service.

Note that this is NOT the same publisher who had been translating random issues of La Mia Boutique under the name "Idees Couture" in the past. We're told this will be a monthly magazine, with the French edition one month behind the Italian, which is helpful if you happen to miss it the first time around!

------
www.fehrtrade.com

Time4me
star
Time4me
Advanced Beginner
BC CANADA
Member since 1/22/08
Send Message

Date: 4/2/10 6:26 PM

You can also order a single Ma Boutique (direct French translation of La Mia Boutique) from

Journeax.fr

I ordered (on March 13) and received my first magazine in 13 days from France to the West Coast of Canada.

Please note: the magazine was marked No 1 April/2010 and was the February 2010 La Mia Boutique.
-- Edited on 4/2/10 6:27 PM --

minggiddylooloo
star
minggiddylooloo  Friend of PR
Intermediate
VA USA
Member since 5/17/05
Send Message

Date: 4/2/10 6:40 PM

Wow a great compilation, thanks! I have my subscription through MagazineCafe, and at the time it was the only PayPal payment company I could find. Packaging has been great, and delivery fairly timely. It is a bit more expensive than the rest, so when my subscription ends I will look into these other suggestons. I appreciate your putting this list together!

------
I'm finally a blogger!
sewming.blogspot.com

HawkeMorningStar7
starstarstarstar
HawkeMorningStar7  Friend of PR
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 6/21/05
Send Message

In reply to squirrellypoo

Date: 4/2/10 9:54 PM

OOOEEEHY I am ECSTATIC Dancing a jig with joy...guess what popped in my mailbox today Friday, only one week from time order went thru.
Yeah discountPresse rocks, yes $16 +/_ scary as heck re absolutely no email replies, confirmations or reply to my messages via "contact' link...but heck...super packaging, thick white postal plastic packaging wrap, invoice included....drooling over the patterns...so many to pick from.
I took French in High School, time to brush up on it.
Now to decide what method to get future issues...??? A full subsription ? cheaper than $16 X 12....

------
.....Behold, a wonder did appear;
Amazement was my bliss.......

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
BC CANADA
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to HawkeMorningStar7

Date: 4/2/10 10:27 PM

Wooohoooo, Happy Dancin' wit' ya!!!

As we're on the same timeline, and it's now Friday evening, you must already have your Sacred LMB Cardi finished!!! When are the pics going up?

------
I heart Panzy, Pfaff Creative Performance, the sewing machine love of my life!
And Baby (Enlighten serger), Victor (BLCS), Rupert (Pfaff 2023-knits expert) Ash (B350SE-Artwork), Kee (B750QEE-Panzy's BFF), Georgie (B560-Kee's baby sister) and the Feather-Flock!

Most of all, I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

MelissaB in WA
starstarstarstar
MelissaB in WA
Intermediate
WA USA
Member since 3/18/04
PR Weekend Volunteer
Send Message

In reply to HawkeMorningStar7

Date: 4/2/10 10:56 PM

Awesome Miriam! I got my issue yesterday (I ordered it last Thursday night, so just a week to arrive). I made my cardi today and it's really cute. I will try to review it asap.

------
"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." ~Dolly Parton

Fabric sewn in 2013 ~ 73.5 yds
Fabric sewn in 2012 ~ 20.5 yds
Fabric sewn in 2012 ~ 50 yds
Fabric sewn in 2011 ~ 65 1/8 yds
Fabric sewn in 2010 ~ 112 1/2 yds
Fabric sewn in 2009 ~ 137 3/4 yds
Fabric sewn in 2008 ~ 218 3/8 yds
Fabric Sewn in 2007 ~ 209 1/4 yds

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> La Mia Boutique subscription/purchase sources

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Register

Amy Butler Style Stitches

photo
by: sagittmama

Review
SewBaby Casserole Carrier Pattern

SewBaby Casserole Carrier Pattern

Buy Now
SewBaby Blankie Buddies Pattern

SewBaby Blankie Buddies Pattern

Buy Now
BurdaStyle Magazine 08-2012-113

photo
by: squirrelly...

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.