SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Sewing Techniques and Tips > Tricot foot ( Moderated by MissCelie)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Tricot foot
trying to learn how to attach and use it
Mufffet
starstarstarstar
Mufffet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Vermont USA
Member since 8/14/05
Send Message

Date: 6/4/10 7:47 PM

I have gotten a new toy. The Tricot Foot. Have seen great reviews for it on the SewVacDirect site where I purchased it, and in a forum.
Stitcher's Guild re Tricot Foot.

Does anyone have this foot, and know how to place the "wing" arm that sticks up and controls the little plastic friction piece under the foot? I have searched the web and found only pictures of the foot, and no instructions or pictures of the foot in place. Odd that Janome puts this one in a plastic bag and the easy ones in cards with instructions!I would love a picture, but failing that I would appreciate any instructions at all!

------
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
--Dalai Lama

I have sewing machines

misschris
misschris
AUSTRALIA
Member since 2/3/06
Send Message

In reply to Mufffet

Subject: Janome Tricot Foot Date: 6/4/10 9:16 PM

Only guessing here, but have you tried putting the arm on the needle clamp (the same as a walking foot)? Does the arm reach that high?

Hope you figure this out, how frustrating.

------
chris

Melbourne

Mufffet
starstarstarstar
Mufffet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Vermont USA
Member since 8/14/05
Send Message

In reply to misschris

Subject: Janome Tricot Foot Date: 6/4/10 9:21 PM

Thanks so much for answering! I haven't tried yet because I would rather have some hint as to how to do it than futz around. I have found that in the past when I just try things out I frequently get myself into trouble!

------
--Dalai Lama

I have sewing machines

Mufffet
starstarstarstar
Mufffet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Vermont USA
Member since 8/14/05
Send Message

Date: 6/5/10 10:01 AM

I posted on the Sewing Machine forums and got next to nothing, although I did get good wishes! I wonder if anyone knows how to attach the Janome Tricot Foot or knows of a blog or site with info. I cannot find anything online at all but pictures and one forum post over at Sticher's Guild.

I would be ever so grateful for information about this foot - I have it now and am looking forward to testing it out!
m

------
--Dalai Lama

I have sewing machines

frame
star
frame
USA
Member since 2/19/04
Send Message

Date: 6/5/10 10:38 AM

I'm sorry I have no clue really. Maybe you can email Janome and ask them? Or do you have a Janome dealer close by?

Is it supposed to be used to connect trim (lace or ribbon) to tricot fabric? Or is it just for sewing two (or more) layers of fabric together?

Let us know what you find out.

------
"framed" was taken
"I meant what I said, and I said what I meant." - Horton(Dr. Seuss)

LuceLu
star
LuceLu  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
New York USA
Member since 8/4/06
Send Message

Date: 6/5/10 11:09 AM

I use a blind stitch foot for a tricot hem...

Patti B
starstarstarstar
Patti B  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Oregon USA
Member since 9/29/02
Send Message

Date: 6/5/10 12:14 PM

Looking at the foot really doesn't give you a clue as to how to use it, does it? Interesting concept -- hope you find out how it works and can report back.

------
Patti

R-r-r-ripping my way to fitting success

Mufffet
starstarstarstar
Mufffet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Vermont USA
Member since 8/14/05
Send Message

Date: 6/5/10 5:10 PM

The name of the foot is deceiving - it doesn't really mean "nylon tricot" as in panties, but the foot is used to sew together very light, very slippery knits. As in "tricot knit." I thought it looked interesting, and from the review I was snagged.I do love feet. Of course it's one of the Janome feet that comes in a plastic bag rather than in the card with the instructions. I will give it a go later on tonight and see how I do from the scant info I have. If I need to I guess I can do a picture and post that - who knows who might also want this foot! :)

------
--Dalai Lama

I have sewing machines

SewBusy63
star
SewBusy63
Intermediate
Member since 12/10/07
Send Message

In reply to Mufffet

Date: 6/7/10 1:55 PM

I would be interested in how you like it. I have seen this foot and wonder if I will need it or maybe my Acufeed will be just fine. I sew my own clothing and will eventually need to make myself full length slips made out of tricot. Let us know how it goes!

------
~Diana~

♥ Bernina 830E ♥ Bernina 1150MDA serger

✝The Lord is my Light and my Salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1✝

Mufffet
starstarstarstar
Mufffet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Vermont USA
Member since 8/14/05
Send Message

In reply to SewBusy63

Date: 6/7/10 2:24 PM

I asked my question on "Ask Jan" on the Janome website. I asked it on Saturday night. Today, just in the last hour, I received a reply to my email address! Now that is service! In the meantime I have attached and used it. It is some snazzy little foot. I have taken pictures and will be posting a few - probably bore most people senseless, but this is some nice little piece of engineering. it installs without any problem whatsoever, and works so well - It isn't for just tricot - here in the US we think of tricot as a fabric type, but it refers to a knit process, and the foot is for any light flimsy knitted fabric - the lady on Stitcher's Guild to which I posted a link in my original post sewed bamboo lightweight fabric with her tricot foot. I think the name leads people astray. Think of it as a "Very-Lightweight-flimsy-knitted-fabric-or-any-other-very-lightweight-flimsy-fabric" foot. It will be far less clumsy than a walking foot, and works differently but in such a clever way. It holds the fabric while the needle goes through it, and lets lets up so the fabric can advance. I would use it on silk of various sorts as well. I see my link isn't in the post on this forum, so here is the link to the only info I could find.

Tricot Foot at Stitcher's Guild
-- Edited on 6/7/10 2:26 PM --

------
--Dalai Lama

I have sewing machines

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Techniques and Tips >> Tricot foot

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Leather 101
Leather 101

Register

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

BurdaStyle Magazine 08-2012-139

photo
by: Maree P

Review
Sewing Workshop Chicago Jacket

Sewing Workshop Chicago Jacket

Buy Now
Christine Jonson BaseWear One - Leggings, Top and Yoga Bodysuit

Christine Jonson BaseWear One - Leggings, Top and Yoga Bodysuit

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.