SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Bernina
Bernina

Forum > Sewing Machines > She who dies with the most machines... ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
She who dies with the most machines...
How many do you have?
Mrs.Moos
star
Mrs.Moos  Friend of PR
USA
Member since 11/5/02
Skill: Advanced
Send Message

Date: 6/30/10 3:56 AM

Having just added 2 machines to my stable got me thinking. How many machines do you have-both working and non-working?
I have 6 that I use/will use and 2 that will be "decorations".
Bernina 1630, Janome 1600PDB, Kenmore 19110, Brother Ult 2002D, Babylock Eclipse serger, Janome Coverpro 1000 that are for use. The other 2 are a 15-91 and a Singer Rdeye in need of much loving care. Plus a White and a Kenmore that are waiting for repair...
You?

------
Janome 6500P, Babylock Eclipse SX, Janome Coverpro 1000, Babylock BLCS, Juki 654, Juki 735, Janome 1600PDB, Brother ULT 2002D, Babylock Spirit, Brother 770

GlButterfly

GlButterfly
California USA
Member since 8/28/08
Skill: Intermediate
Send Message

Date: 6/30/10 4:25 AM

Methinks poorpigling may win this hands down.

------
That's Gl = for Gloria, not G. I.

snuzal
star
snuzal
International NEW ZEALAND
Member since 7/7/07
Send Message

Date: 6/30/10 5:21 AM

Well not too bad looking at that.

A Pfaff, Elna x2, Bernina, and soon to be an old Necchi as well, all sewing machines. Then a Merrylock 5 thread overlock/coverstitch, a 4 thread Janome overlock, a Janome 300e embroidery machine, and I just threw out a Bernina embroidery only machine.

------
Check my blog :)
http://snuzalsews.blogspot.com/

Juki Exceed F600, Babylock Imagine, Janome 300E.

Sewinglady1947
Sewinglady1947
Member since 4/28/08
Send Message

Date: 6/30/10 7:03 AM

Brother industrial straight stitch, Yamata industrial safety stitch, Kenmore 19110, Kenmore serger, D1, Janome 300E, Janome 900c, and a Reliant blindstitch. I use all the above and have purchased most of them at good buys. I also have my grandmothers old Singer that is in a cabinet that will sew. I have promised myself no more machines no matter what.

------
sewing grammy

sewfrequent

sewfrequent
Texas USA
Member since 6/27/03
Send Message

Date: 6/30/10 8:07 AM

Currently... Elna 7300, Viking 445, TB-12, Rocketeer, 15-91 and a Hobby 1142, Imagine and Simplicity embroidery machine. The Hobby lives in another state. This is the result of me down-sizing twice! New rule is if I get another, one has to go first. It turned out to be quite a surprise which ones were the keepers tho I still say I ain't married to none of 'em ('cept maybe the rocketeer)

SewVeryCreative

SewVeryCreative
Florida USA
Member since 8/23/07
Send Message

In reply to snuzal

Date: 6/30/10 8:09 AM

Quote:
I just threw out a Bernina embroidery only machine.

You threw it out?!!

I can't do that. I'm a total weenie.

------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Connie in Panama City Beach, Florida :)

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through" ~ David Bowie, "Changes"

http://www.imsewverycreative.blogspot.com

poorpigling

poorpigling
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to SewVeryCreative
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/30/10 8:26 AM

Same here. . I even looked at her address to see if it was close enough to go and retrieve it.

Wonder why she threw it out.

poorpigling

poorpigling
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to GlButterfly

Date: 6/30/10 8:29 AM

I'm INNOCENT..INNOCENT I tell ya....

SewVeryCreative

SewVeryCreative
Florida USA
Member since 8/23/07
Send Message

In reply to poorpigling

Date: 6/30/10 8:38 AM

Quote:
I'm INNOCENT..INNOCENT I tell ya....

"Innocent" of what, pray tell?

Innocent of saving good sewing machines from bad owners (if YOU hadn't bought them, some evul person might have, yannow)? Giving unloved SMs a loving, warm home and useful life?

If you are guilty of anything, it's having too big of a heart when it comes to poor, unloved, unused SMs.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

------

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through" ~ David Bowie, "Changes"

SewVeryCreative

SewVeryCreative
Florida USA
Member since 8/23/07
Send Message

Date: 6/30/10 8:41 AM

I'm gonna include the SMs I bought for my DD, too. Since I bought them, and I keep'em running!

Janome MC9000, (2) Kenmore 1915s, Singer 500a, Singer 328K, Singer 301, Brother 1034D Serger.

So far.

I'm currently in the works of acquiring a Singer 237, too!! And am ALWAYS on the lookout for a Singer 401 (or 403) and a 503.

I am also currently in the works of figuring out how to convince DH that having a master bedroom (as opposed to a sewing room annex) isn't all it's cracked up to be!!

------

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> She who dies with the most machines...

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Altering Jackets
Altering Jackets

Class Details

Online Class
All About Linings
All About Linings

Class Details

Marfy 3201

photo
by: Achallengi...

Review
Chelsea Paper Pattern

Chelsea Paper Pattern

Pattern Details
Bluegingerdoll Odette Dress Paper Pattern

Bluegingerdoll Odette Dress Paper Pattern

Pattern Details
McCall's 6579

photo
by: Lynnelanne

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.