Member since 4/8/07
Date: 7/15/10 9:36 AM
In preparing several garments over the past couple of weeks, I've noticed errors on a few of the patterns. Since I am slow to write reviews, I thought I'd share what I've found.
Please share any errors you find. To make it easier and simple for all to read, please use bold print for the pattern name and number.
On the pattern pieces, the line drawings for the views of all fronts are incorrect:
- On the front pattern piece for view A/B, there is a picture for view D.
- On the front pattern piece for view C, there are pictures of views A/B.
- On the pattern piece for view D, there is a picture for view C
The verbal descriptions and all other pattern pieces/pictures are correct.
1. In Nancywin's review of this pattern, she mentions an error in the drawings near step 30. The error occurs in both steps 29 and 30. In step 24, after attaching the right front and right front yoke, you are instructed to trim the seam except for the part of the yoke that extends beyond the center front. In steps 29 and 30, the pictures show that the left front is trimmed. Perhaps Simplicity is aware of the error and has since made the correction and printed new instruction sheets. If not, make sure you line up your yoke pieces first before trimming.
2. The pattern piece for the underlap says "cut two." You only need one.
Jalie 2561 & Jalie 2909
On the website, 2561 is listed as women's stretch trousers and 2909 is not. However on the pattern envelope, 2909 has a stretch guide and 2561 does not. 2561 does list stretch wovens as an option.
-- Edited on 7/15/10 9:37 AM --
How is that still a thing?
International NEW ZEALAND
Member since 7/7/07
Date: 7/15/10 4:09 PM
I noticed a couple of small discrepencies if you will in the jalie 2908. No biggie, just really an error with the drawing against the instructions. I'll have to post it later on though since I'm still in bed. LOL
Check my blog :)
Juki Exceed F600, Babylock Imagine, Janome 300E.
Member since 3/20/11
In reply to Lynnelle
Date: 3/20/11 11:18 AM
Lynnelle, you hit the nail on the head with Simplicity 2700. EXACT SAME two mistakes are on my pattern. I just bought it....which means, NO they haven't fixed the errors yet. Thank you for posting this!! It has saved me much headache to know I am not the confused one, Simplicity is!
New York USA
Member since 3/13/06
Date: 9/25/12 8:33 PM
I already notified Simplicity:
Step 13 should read:
Press seam toward pocket, pressing pocket out.
Step 23 should read:
...Cut 2 loops each 2 3/4" long.
Step 24 should read.
...On OUTSIDE, pin loop to sleeve front at small middle dot (at foldline), ...
-- Edited on 9/25/12 8:37 PM --
Member since 12/5/06
Date: 10/6/12 11:54 AM
I don't know if this counts as an error, but Simplicity 2685 has a step in the instructions that doesn't match the drawing. For View D, the text says to press the seam (on the lining) toward the band. The illustration shows the seam pressed toward the bag. I'm trying to figure out if it really matters!
Indecision may or may not be my problem. -Jimmy Buffet
Member since 6/25/10
Date: 10/6/12 3:43 PM
I haven't posted my review for it yet, but Simplicity 1873 ( Cynthia Rowley dress pattern) also has some discrepancies.
On the front of the envelope the three dresses are labeled A, B, and C. The jacket is labeled as D. When you flip it over there are only two line drawings for dresses, labeled A and B, and the jacket is labeled C.
However, the fabric measurements correspond to the letters on the front of the envelope, not what they labeled the garments in the line drawing.
* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> Pattern Errors & Misprints