SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Regional Communities > Canada sewers ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Canada sewers
Juli_et

Juli_et
Intermediate
Ontario CANADA
Member since 9/29/04
Send Message

Date: 12/8/04 7:08 PM

Hi,

I live in Gatineau (Québec) and go to the University of Ottawa. Is anyone near me?

------
Omega (bought in 1970 by my grand-mother)
Kenmore 1914
Bernina 830, 910, 930
Singer 1912 Hand Crank
Pfaff Coverstitch 4772

ladylola
star
ladylola
Intermediate
Quebec CANADA
Member since 2/10/04
Send Message

Date: 12/8/04 9:12 PM

Hi,  I live in Québec city.  Not that close but close enough I suppose. I don't think there's a lot of quebecois aroud here...  unfortunately

Lorna C. Newman
starstarstar
Lorna C. Newman
Intermediate
Ontario CANADA
Member since 8/10/02
Send Message

Date: 12/8/04 11:19 PM

I am in Manitoba although I did live in Ottawa for 6 years a while back!  I think there is another member from the NCR around although I have not seen her online lately.  Her name is alex.

We may be heading back to Bytown this summer as the DH may be posted.  It is between Ottawa and Winnipeg right now.  Nice to hear from others on our side of the border!  There are a few of us on PR.

------
Like Miss Frizzle says "Take chances, make mistakes ..." isn't that what fitting is all about? I am happily taking chances and making mistakes as I fit muslin after muslin ...
newmansneedle.blogspot.com

Juli_et

Juli_et
Intermediate
Ontario CANADA
Member since 9/29/04
Send Message

Date: 12/13/04 11:30 AM

Hi canuck, hi ladylola,

I am happy you replied  :smile:. I am so happy to have found PR. There is so much useful information.

------
Omega (bought in 1970 by my grand-mother)
Kenmore 1914
Bernina 830, 910, 930
Singer 1912 Hand Crank
Pfaff Coverstitch 4772

Tessa
star
Tessa
Intermediate
Manitoba CANADA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 12/13/04 11:40 AM

Hi. I grew up in Québec, but I've lived in Manitoba and Saskatchewan for 22 years now. I'm in western Manitoba now.

------
Tessa

ConnieBJ
starstar
ConnieBJ  Friend of PR
Advanced
Ontario Canada
Member since 12/31/03
Contest Committee
Send Message

Date: 12/13/04 1:07 PM

Thought I'd better check myself in here- I am situated nicely in the middle.  The banana belt of Canada - London, Ontario.
Surely there must be more of us around!

------
Connie Bontje

http://www.couturesmith.com
Twitter: Couturesmith
Facebook: Connie Bontje
Desperately trying to keep ahead of my pattern, fabric and dressform collection!

Tessa
star
Tessa
Intermediate
Manitoba CANADA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 12/13/04 1:43 PM

Hi Connie. I spent one winter in London, at UWO. The wind blew through my crummy apartment, and it didn't seem like the banana belt! I skied on the Thames, although it seems to me maybe it isn't cold enough for that every winter??

Nice to "meet" all of you!

------
Tessa

anna mermaid

anna mermaid
Intermediate
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 1/14/03
Send Message

Date: 12/14/04 3:02 PM

Hi everyone, I am located in Victoria, British Columbia.  I grew up in Calgary, but have also lived in Kitchner/Waterloo and Dartmouth/Halifax and can honestly say I much prefer the winters here on Vancouver Island (usually no snow and very mild weather).  My father always tells visitors that Victoria is the Canadian Riveria!

------
2007 YTD

Yards IN: 64.3 yards
Yards Sewn: 30.68

2006 YTD
YARDS PUCHASED - 42.2
YARDS SEWN - 52.8

bonny
bonny  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Nova Scotia CANADA
Member since 10/30/03
Send Message

Date: 12/14/04 8:53 PM

I'll check in too!  I'm on the other side of the country from Anne... over here on the east coast in Halifax. I've lived my whole life here in Halifax, but I would love to visit out west someday.  The furthest west that I've been (in Canada) is Mississauga. :D

Bonny

------
Bonny in Halifax

Lorna C. Newman
starstarstar
Lorna C. Newman
Intermediate
Ontario CANADA
Member since 8/10/02
Send Message

Date: 12/15/04 10:25 AM

Ann, where abouts are you on the island?  My in-laws are all there.  MIL in Oak Bay, SIL in Saanich and another next door to UVic.

Bonny, nice to hear from somebody from down home!  I grew up across the harbour in Dartmouth as I was a Coast Guard child!  Really miss the maple syrup from home ... and the Brother's pepperoni! :biggrin:

PIWO, I forgot to mention that I spent 7 years living in the NCR and worked downtown so I passed u of O everyday on my way to work!

Never been to London though, although my sister's partner is from there ... :winkgrin:

------
Like Miss Frizzle says "Take chances, make mistakes ..." isn't that what fitting is all about? I am happily taking chances and making mistakes as I fit muslin after muslin ...
newmansneedle.blogspot.com

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Regional Communities >> Canada sewers

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

Fun with Fitting - PANTS
Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Register

Vogue Patterns 1224

photo
by: jenleeC

Review
Victoria Jones Collection Child's Hawaiian Muumuu Dress or Nightgown

Victoria Jones Collection Child's Hawaiian Muumuu Dress or Nightgown

Buy Now
Bluegingerdoll The Ava Jacket Paper Pattern

Bluegingerdoll The Ava Jacket Paper Pattern

Buy Now
Simplicity 2245

photo
by: Erin D

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.