SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Sewing Machines > New Brother PR-1000 / Babylock Enterprise ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
New Brother PR-1000 / Babylock Enterprise
10 needle embroidery machines

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 8/17/10 0:26 AM

I just checked out the Brother video for their new 10 needle embroidery machine and it looks really nice if you're big time into machine embroidery. They even have the built in camera with the "snowman" positioning stickers like the Quattro or Ellisimo and 14" x 14" embroidery field. I'm curious what the cost of these are even though I'm not even considering buying one!

karen149
star
karen149  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 3/4/05
Send Message

Date: 8/17/10 12:57 PM

I don't know about the price but it looks more like Starship Enterprise to me! Embroider what no one has done before... My guess is over 10K at least.

-- Edited on 8/17/10 1:04 PM --

prnzez2
prnzez2
Intermediate
Illinois USA
Member since 5/9/09
Send Message

Date: 8/20/10 1:44 PM

I just bought the BMP-9 a month ago and I'm a bit ticked they didn't tell me about this one. They claimed they didn't know. They didn't know what the price was when I talked to them but said it would be at least a few thousand more than the BMP-9 so I'd guess $10,000 as well. Next time I'm up there I plan on asking.

abbersmom
abbersmom
Advanced
Indiana USA
Member since 10/7/06
Send Message

Date: 8/28/10 1:23 AM

MSRP on the Babylock Enterprise is $15,000 and comes with the cherry cabinet. Right now it's on sale for $12,999. Ok, it's $13,000. Very nice machine. Seems much quieter than previous models.

Dana

f4tlsly
f4tlsly
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 4/5/07
Send Message

Date: 8/28/10 2:35 PM

I got this machine this past Tuesday, they asked $13.999 but were willing to deal with me since I was paying cash. I got the Koala cabinet Embroidery Center Pro Plus IV, the 14x14 hoop, 8x8 quilting hoop, 7N1 fast frames, wide hat hoop, and an extra set of the included hoops for $15,000. I am trying to get my sewing room in order so I can get it up and running!! I haven't been so excited since I was a kid at Christmas!!

Greta

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

In reply to f4tlsly

Date: 8/28/10 3:47 PM

I forgot I started this thread... lol Have fun with it Greta! It does seem like a great machine with some great features.

Thanks for adding the pic Karen!
-- Edited on 8/28/10 3:48 PM --

karen149
star
karen149  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 3/4/05
Send Message

In reply to f4tlsly

Date: 8/28/10 5:09 PM

Congratulations, Greta! Looks like you are going to be having a LOT of fun!

akrogirl32
akrogirl32  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Arizona USA
Member since 8/1/09
Send Message

In reply to f4tlsly

Date: 8/29/10 0:11 AM

I would love to hear more about your experiences with it once you have had chance to play some more.

DH and I went to the official introduction today at my local Brother dealer which was pretty interesting. Unfortunately, the Brother rep couldn't do any actual stitching because someone had forgotten to put the shipping brackets on the machine and the cutter had sustained some minor damage in transit.

Cat4
Cat4
Member since 5/26/09
Send Message

In reply to f4tlsly

Date: 9/11/10 9:35 PM

Hi Greta,

I hope you are having better luck than I . . . . .

I brought a Babylock Enterprise home today (Saturday) for which I also paid cash. While threading the 3rd of the 10 needles I got an error message. I checked the error messages in the owner's manual and it was one of many in a category that directs you to contact the dealer. Unfortunately, the dealer closes at 3 pm on Saturday and is also closed on Sunday. I tried to call Babylock Customer Care and they are only available 8 am-5:30 pm Central time Monday thru Friday. So . . . . . I have a machine that retails for $15,000 on which I have not and cannot sew a single stitch. And there's no help available to me for at least 2 days, and then only at a time when I will be at work.

I'm of the impression that most people who sew would be considered hobbyists. While they may be very serious about sewing, I'd think most have other employment and as a result would do much of their sewing during evenings and weekends. Apparently BabyLock's 'Customer Care' does not extend to those of us who work . . . even when we spend thousands of dollars for their products.

To follow-up on your kid at Christmas analogy, this is like waking up on Christmas morning, opening your present and finding it to be an empty box.

sew2006
star
sew2006
Advanced
Ontario CANADA
Member since 6/24/06
Send Message

In reply to Cat4

Date: 9/12/10 11:19 AM

Is there any reference to shipping brackets that need to be removed on the machine prior to using the machine? The 6 needle machine had this to support the machine head in transit.

------
Janome10001, Babylock ESG3, Brother ULT 2001, White 634D serger, Pfaff 1472, Singer featherweight, Singer 14T957Dc, Bernina FunLock 009DCC coverlock, Brother PQ1500S, Janome CP900.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> New Brother PR-1000 / Babylock Enterprise

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

Fun with Fitting - PANTS
Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Register

Marfy 2733

photo
by: clothingen...

Review
You Sew Girl Carry All Pattern

You Sew Girl Carry All Pattern

Buy Now
Petite Plus 202 Pattern

Petite Plus 202 Pattern

Buy Now
Colette Patterns 0003

photo
by: Joyatee

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.