SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Sergers, Coverstitch and Blindhemmers > Elna 744 ( Moderated by CarolynGM, Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Elna 744
Video
dodger

dodger
Advanced Beginner
Wisconsin USA
Member since 9/7/04
Send Message

Date: 11/9/10 6:19 PM

I recently got not only one, but two, Elna 744, one will be a Christmas gift. I know there was a video available, but of course is not available any longer as it is a discontinued model. I all ready contacted Elna.

SSSoooo, I was wondering if anyone would part with theirs, loan it out, (will pay deposit), or, make me a couple of copies, which of course I would pay for.

It isn't so much for me, though I have read on the Elna forum, that is is helpful, but the other machine will be going to a novice sewist, and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks to all, Janice

dodger

dodger
Advanced Beginner
Wisconsin USA
Member since 9/7/04
Send Message

Date: 11/14/10 9:40 AM

cirp, cirp, cirp, (cricket sounds)

Anyone?, anyone?

Rhoda K
star
Rhoda K  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Alabama USA
Member since 8/22/05
Send Message

In reply to dodger

Date: 11/14/10 12:55 PM

Have you heard from Elna? I would be willing to have copies made of mine and send them to you. Do you want the copies on VHS or DVD? I will check the price and let you know the cost before having the copies made.

dodger

dodger
Advanced Beginner
Wisconsin USA
Member since 9/7/04
Send Message

Date: 11/14/10 7:48 PM

Oh Rhonda, thank you!!!!! So glad I brought this up to the top again. I would need two copies, one for me and one for the machine I am giving as a gift. DVD seems to be the way to go now adays, so please let me know when you get a price. If you are a member you can PM me, if not contact me here, thanks again soooo much. Janice aka dodger

Betakin
star
Betakin
Advanced
Arizona USA
Member since 4/22/04
Send Message

In reply to dodger

Date: 11/14/10 8:21 PM

Ah there ya go. I am so glad you are able to get the video now, since as you already know that I don't have mine any longer. Great news.

M Robinson
M Robinson
Member since 10/23/09
Send Message

Date: 11/17/10 11:42 PM

dodger, I also purchased an elna 744 serger, which did not come with a dvd If you would let me know if it is helpful and where I might obtain a copy I would appreciate it. Thank you

Betakin
star
Betakin
Advanced
Arizona USA
Member since 4/22/04
Send Message

In reply to M Robinson

Date: 11/18/10 2:22 AM

A video didn't come with my Elna either but I had seen from posts on line that some Elna 744 owners on the Yahoo Elna sergers group did receive a video with their sergers. I inquired about the video from Elna on line and they replied that my dealer had to get the video for me. I gave my dealer a call and he did get the video for me free of charge and had it sent to me.
I purchased my Elna 744 years ago and I really do not think the video is still available. I think there was also a video for the Elna 945.

I haven't seen the video in ages and I think I accidently sent mine with some tapes with my Brother who took them back to his home in Maine.
The video is very good and tells how to thread each stitch, the tilting of the needles and how to do every single one of the 17 or so stitches, including the 3 cover hems and chain stitch. It is sooooo repititious though..with going over each individual threading sequence. I mean really...once you know how to thread just the 4 different threads..it is no big deal but the threading is shown for each stitch..rather than just showing proper threading one time then pointing to say..you thread this needle and both loopers..or the chain looper etc.
Conversion to chain and the set up for cover stitches and which levers to flip and which of the 5 needles to use is also covered and each cover hem is gone through on different fabrics etc.
All settings are covered like stitch length and widths and when to drop the knife and stitch finger. It shows care for the machine and it even shows the one place that the serger is to be oiled.
The only problem I found with the video is that it is extremely slow including the narrator that talks so slow. It is slow to the point of irritating but the video really does cover just about everything one needs to know about the 744.

Rhoda K
star
Rhoda K  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Alabama USA
Member since 8/22/05
Send Message

In reply to Betakin

Date: 11/19/10 12:16 PM

Quote: Betakin
The only problem I found with the video is that it is extremely slow including the narrator that talks so slow. It is slow to the point of irritating but the video really does cover just about everything one needs to know about the 744.

Very true. I like referring to the video versus the manual, though. Sometimes it takes a while to sink in and I learn better visually.
muggle
muggle
Member since 11/21/10
Send Message

Date: 11/21/10 6:11 PM

hi,im also having trouble getting hold of video/dvd for elna 744.could someone help please(im in uk)

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to dodger

Date: 11/21/10 10:13 PM

Well see, your problem is you have all the wrong sounds.. crickets are out of season.. try saying gobble gobble gobble.. and then run for it..

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sergers, Coverstitch and Blindhemmers >> Elna 744

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Register

Vogue Patterns 1031

photo
by: Lenarciak

Review
Sewing Workshop Hong Kong Vest Pattern

Sewing Workshop Hong Kong Vest Pattern

Buy Now
Christine Jonson Bell Sleeve Wrap & A-Line Skirt

Christine Jonson Bell Sleeve Wrap & A-Line Skirt

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.