SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Machines > Bernina cutwork Tool and Software ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Bernina cutwork Tool and Software
Sew Nanny
starstarstar
Sew Nanny  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 8/13/06
Send Message

Date: 12/12/10 8:35 AM

Does anyone have this Bernina accessory? I bought mine last week and have uploaded the software and printed off a workbook I found online but that's it. Any suggestions or advice before I make my first attempt?

------
Patricia
Bernina B780E ~ Bernina B380 ~ Juki MO-735
Bernina DesignerPlus 7
Bernina DesignWorks

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." Eleanor Roosevelt

annenet
star
annenet  Friend of PR
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/2/03
Send Message

Date: 12/12/10 8:46 AM

I have it too. I made a jacket using it. Once I figured it out I thought it was pretty easy to work with. One suggestion - lost of starch and stabilizer! I didn't use enough and had to correct a few parts of the design manually. But I figured this was just the beginning and there's always a learning curve!

The is a very good Yahoo group for this.

------
So many projects, not enough time
At my house in VA:
Bernina 1010, Activa 220, B580, B780
Singer 201-2, 221, Bernina Serger 1300MDC, BL Enlighten, BL Sashiko, BL Cover Stitch, Consew 75T

At my Lake House in PA:
Bernina Artista 165E, Singer 503A. Bernina Serger 1100d

http://sewingtechie.blogspot.com/

SewBusy63
star
SewBusy63
Intermediate
Member since 12/10/07
Send Message

In reply to Sew Nanny

Date: 12/12/10 9:32 AM

This is on my wish list! I have not priced it yet but will when I go for my embroidery class on the 20th. May I ask what you paid? I have a feeling I'll have to save a very long time before I can get it.

------
~Diana~

♥ Bernina 830E ♥ Bernina 1150MDA serger

✝The Lord is my Light and my Salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1✝

Sew Nanny
starstarstar
Sew Nanny  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 8/13/06
Send Message

In reply to SewBusy63

Date: 12/12/10 9:40 AM

Quote: SewBusy63
This is on my wish list! I have not priced it yet but will when I go for my embroidery class on the 20th. May I ask what you paid? I have a feeling I'll have to save a very long time before I can get it.

I paid $499 plus tax, which includes the cutwork tool and the software. Neither of the Bernina coupons currently offered could be applied since one was for an accessory under $200 and the other coupon is for over $999.

Merry Christmas to me....
-- Edited on 12/12/10 9:41 AM --

------
Patricia
Bernina DesignerPlus 7
Bernina DesignWorks

SewBusy63
star
SewBusy63
Intermediate
Member since 12/10/07
Send Message

In reply to Sew Nanny

Date: 12/12/10 9:50 AM

Well, I was thinking it was probably twice that amount. I'll have to see what my dealer sells it for. Did the throat plate come with it or did you have to buy that separately?

------
~Diana~

♥ Bernina 830E ♥ Bernina 1150MDA serger

✝The Lord is my Light and my Salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1✝

JanyceR
star
JanyceR  Friend of PR
Beginner
Member since 2/3/07
Send Message

In reply to Sew Nanny

Date: 12/12/10 10:17 AM

I love my cutwork tool! I agree with lots of starch and stabilizer. layers where possible. Just experiment and don't be afraid of it. The software is really fun to play with, lots of really cool fonts! Join the yahoo group
Bernina Cutwork Tool Yahoo Group
But most of all , have fun!

------
Bernina 880, Bernina350SE,

CJ Tinkle
star
CJ Tinkle
Intermediate
Member since 2/5/06
Send Message

Date: 12/12/10 12:49 PM

The stitch plate comes with it, however the presser foot is sold separately. However.... I can't see why you need the extra presser foot. I've used mine a couple times (I posted a Season's Greeting wallhangin in the quilt or embroidery section here that I made with the cutwork tool and software) and just used the #26 embroidery foot with it, no problem.

------
Bernina Artista 630 ✂ Bernina Aurora 430 ✂ Bernina 830e Record ✂ Bernina 1300MDC ✂ Babylock BLCS ✂ APQS Millennium ✂ Singer 201-2 ✂ Singer 301 ✂ Singer 401A ✂ Singer 15-91 ✂ Singer Featherweight 222K ✂ Singer Featherweight 221

Sew Nanny
starstarstar
Sew Nanny  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 8/13/06
Send Message

In reply to CJ Tinkle

Date: 12/12/10 1:10 PM

Quote: CJ Tinkle
The stitch plate comes with it, however the presser foot is sold separately. However.... I can't see why you need the extra presser foot. I've used mine a couple times (I posted a Season's Greeting wallhangin in the quilt or embroidery section here that I made with the cutwork tool and software) and just used the #26 embroidery foot with it, no problem.

Okay -- I'm lost. What stitch plate are ya'll talking about? Mine didn't come with a stitch plate. And which extra presser foot are you referring to? I already have the straight stitch plate and the #26 foot. Is there another foot and stitch plate?

------
Patricia
Bernina DesignerPlus 7
Bernina DesignWorks

JanyceR
star
JanyceR  Friend of PR
Beginner
Member since 2/3/07
Send Message

In reply to Sew Nanny

Date: 12/12/10 2:08 PM

Quote: Patricia52
[/quote]
Okay -- I'm lost. What stitch plate are ya'll talking about? Mine didn't come with a stitch plate. And which extra presser foot are you referring to? I already have the straight stitch plate and the #26 foot. Is there another foot and stitch plate?

The tool does require a special stitch plate. Mine came with it, but I am not sure that is always true, as the plate is specific to the machine you own. You may have to buy it separately. The #26 works fine and it was all I used at first. I did buy the #44C foot and I think it works better, I don't think the fabric is as prone to flag with that foot. It is not a necessity and you can certainly use your cutwork tool without it. I am personally glad that I have both.

------
Bernina 880, Bernina350SE,

Doris W. in TN
star
Doris W. in TN  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 2/9/04
Send Message

In reply to Sew Nanny

Date: 12/12/10 4:43 PM

The BerninaUSA web site has several downloadable lessons with projects for the cutwork tool. At their home page, click on Classes in the left side menu box.

------
iPad's auto-correct is my enema.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Bernina cutwork Tool and Software

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro
10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro

Register

Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Register

McCall's 6517

photo
by: Sue Parrot...

Review

Pattern

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)

Buy Now
Sewing Workshop Village Bag Pattern

Sewing Workshop Village Bag Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.