SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Machine Embroidery > I just ordered a Babylock Ellisimo ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
I just ordered a Babylock Ellisimo
OMG
runnerchicki
star
runnerchicki  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 1/27/04
Send Message

Date: 3/24/11 3:47 PM

About six months ago I decided I didn't do enough embroidery to merit having a combo machine. So I sold my Elna 9500.

Then I started having embroidery withdrawals! So once again I was on the prowl for my next new machine. I was leaning toward the Brother Quattro because I wanted the Disney designs (I am hoping to have grandkids in the next couple of years to sew for!). But I got the Babylock (different dealer) for $300 less and that was with the Gold Standard.

So I'll be putting my Janome's up for sale because the Ellisimo is so big that I don't have room for more than one big machine. Also, because I paid more for the Ellisimo than I've ever spent on anything for myself.. ever. I will feel better putting the proceeds from my other machines toward the purchase of the Babylock.

I should have it in a week or so! I'm so stoked!!

------
There's no such thing as too much fabric.

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to runnerchicki
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 3/24/11 3:51 PM

Congrats on your new machine.. and if I didn't say this would happen.. that I told you so.. then let me say it now. Just another reason why I never sell any of my machines.. I get them at really good prices.. and it would cost more to replace them should I want /need to.. That. and I am really to lazy to sell even a bobbin.. I often give stuff away..so that way they can't gripe about how long it took me to ship the stuff..
Have fun with your newest..

quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf
Intermediate
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

Date: 3/24/11 4:04 PM

They are supposed to be excellent machines. Lucky you have lots of fun

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

Seams2Sew
star
Seams2Sew
USA
Member since 8/15/08
Send Message

Date: 3/24/11 5:25 PM

Congrats on the new machine! It has a camera right to help with embroidery placement. I hope all the machines you are selling find good homes quickly.

threaddy
star
threaddy  Friend of PR
Advanced
Wyoming USA
Member since 4/22/09
Send Message

In reply to runnerchicki

Date: 3/24/11 5:57 PM

Congratulations!!! My dealer sells both Bernina and Babylock. They have not had one lick of trouble with the Ellisimo and it seems to be a dream machine. Sandi MacDonald loves hers. In an embroidery class here at PR her Ellisimo stitched everything out beautifully...and she had no problems. (See her review on the Ellisimo here at PR) Very good decision. Just be careful about selling any of the machines you like. I recently thought about selling my Bernina 1130 and my dealer said to keep it for heavy sewing because it has a hook system that can handle it better than the rotary hooks. I have a use for each machine I own and they would cost way too much to replace. You will want to have some machines around while your Ellisimo is stitching out a pattern and you'll need to have other machines that can take abuse which the embroidery machine might not like. I use my Bernina 1130 for leather and funky heavy stuff...I'd never use my embroidery machine for that . Then I have a 30 year old Bernina 930 for it's 4 mm width...etc. Can't fish with one fly...can't sew with just one machine either I have found out. Best wishes!!!

------
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." Theodore Rubin
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life's about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
Dan 9:24-27

Bernina vintage and computerized, Bernina and BL sergers , BLcoverstitch (a stray Pfaff and Viking followed me home too)

runnerchicki
star
Intermediate
Member since 1/27/04
Send Message

In reply to poorpigling

Date: 3/24/11 6:06 PM

Quote: poorpigling

Congrats on your new machine.. and if I didn't say this would happen.. that I told you so.. then let me say it now. Just another reason why I never sell any of my machines.. I get them at really good prices.. and it would cost more to replace them should I want /need to.. That. and I am really to lazy to sell even a bobbin.. I often give stuff away..so that way they can't gripe about how long it took me to ship the stuff..

Have fun with your newest..

I knew you'd chime in!!

Well, I have my Janome 6600P which is less than 6 months old. And I have my Janome 1600P which is a little older and very dear to my heart. But they are both big machines and I don't have space. I guess I could keep one... but which one? I'm not sure at this point what I should do.

Advice is always welcome.

------

runnerchicki
star
Intermediate
Member since 1/27/04
Send Message

In reply to threaddy

Date: 3/24/11 6:09 PM

Quote: kirstensews
... Just be careful about selling any of the machines you like. I recently thought about selling my Bernina 1130 and my dealer said to keep it for heavy sewing because it has a hook system that can handle it better than the rotary hooks. I have a use for each machine I own and they would cost way too much to replace. You will want to have some machines around while your Ellisimo is stitching out a pattern and you'll need to have other machines that can take abuse which the embroidery machine might not like. I use my Bernina 1130 for leather and funky heavy stuff...I'd never use my embroidery machine for that . Then I have a 30 year old Bernina 930 for it's 4 mm width...etc. Can't fish with one fly...can't sew with just one machine either I have found out. Best wishes!!!

Very good points. I have a Janome 1600P and a Janome 6600P. Honestly I love them both, but I always gravitate to the 1600P. Maybe I should keep that one. ??

------

Lil Flo
Lil Flo
Advanced Beginner
Louisiana USA
Member since 4/17/09
Send Message

In reply to runnerchicki

Date: 3/24/11 6:50 PM

I would keep the 1600P for heavy sewing because it's a great straight stitch only sewing machine. The Ellisimo has everything else, so I would sell the Janome 6600P. Congratulations on your new puchase. I hope you have many years of enjoyment on it. I hear it is a wonderful machine.

-- Edited on 3/24/11 10:04 PM --

RJFoote
star
RJFoote
Advanced Beginner
Ohio USA
Member since 8/22/06
Send Message

Date: 3/24/11 8:42 PM

Sewing machine envy. I love this model and its sister machine the Quattro. Looking forward to your review.

SouthernStitch
starstarstar
SouthernStitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 3/24/11 9:40 PM

Congrats!! You are going to love this machine! I had a chance to demo it at a seminar and it was lovely. I'd keep at least one machine, and I second keeping that 1600P.

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

When life gives you green velvet curtains, make a green velvet dress.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> I just ordered a Babylock Ellisimo

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics

Register

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

No Pattern Used N/A

photo
by: cegehin

Review
Petite Plus 150 Pattern

Petite Plus 150 Pattern

Buy Now
Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.