SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Machine Embroidery > Need help/advice on Janome 350E buy or not? ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Need help/advice on Janome 350E buy or not?
Mamadox7
Mamadox7
Advanced
NY USA
Member since 11/24/07
Send Message

Date: 4/11/11 4:33 PM

Hi!
I need as much info as possible. I'm looking to buy an embroidery only machine. I called my local sewing machine retailer and they have a Janome 350E that is a year old for sale $999.99. I'd like to have any/all feedback as possible. Also, do stores like ever take an offer on machines? I'd like to know so I don't just pay what they are asking if they will work with you on the price. I've never bought a machine any other place but Sears. Thanks in advance, I really appreciate your help!
Laurie

Topshelf
star
Topshelf
Intermediate
PA USA
Member since 4/9/07
Send Message

In reply to Mamadox7

Date: 4/11/11 6:19 PM

Hi Laurie: My first embroidery machine was a Janome 350E and it was a wonderful machine. It never gave me a moments trouble and I only had it cleaned and checked once in the 4 years I owned it. I traded it on a new Ellisimo in December but that machine was a winner. The BabyLock dealer gave me $500 in trade for it and I paid $1100 for it new, with all of the hoops included. I don't think it would hurt to make them an offer. All they can do is say no. Many dealers are willing to work with you on the price but I think it all depends on the competition they have in your area. I liked having a stand along embroidery machine and probably wouldn't have traded it if I hadn't been so gaga over the Ellisimo. Make an offer and see what they say! Good luck to you.

------
Topshelf Pod

sewsally
star
sewsally  Friend of PR
Intermediate
WA USA
Member since 8/18/02
Send Message

Date: 4/11/11 6:35 PM

If they won't come down on the price maybe they could kick in some other things like thread, embroidery designs, a trolley, stabilizer... just bring it up.

Is this a used machine or a demo? That would play a role in the price too.

Warrante and classes.

Mamadox7
Mamadox7
Advanced
NY USA
Member since 11/24/07
Send Message

Date: 4/11/11 6:43 PM

Thank so much to both replies! This is a used machine, the lady that had it upgraded to a bigger machine. It's about a year old. I'll have to make sure it comes complete with all that it's supposed to. DH is not to happy, but I'am!

Thanks for all replies!

Franksdottir

Franksdottir
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/25/08
Send Message

In reply to Mamadox7

Date: 4/11/11 9:56 PM

I never tell anyone how to spend their money or what to buy as these things are extremely individual and we cannot be in your shoes.

I will tell you what I did, however. I bought the Janome 350e without any previous experience in machine embroidery a couple of years ago. I dearly, dearly love it. I am not very instinctive about computer stuff, and I found it easy to operate right away. It does gorgeous embroidery, and it is so much fun.

I seem to embroider in spurts. Right now I am not embroidering because I am sewing so much. I do not have the room to do both at once, so it is either or for me. But I love thinking about it, and no doubt I will get back to it soon. I am considering buying some kitchen towels and embroidering them for Christmas presents as money is going to be rather tight around here for at least the next two years, and perhaps for four or more.

This machine was one of the best things I have ever gotten, and I am so glad I did.

------
Barb

Mamadox7
Mamadox7
Advanced
NY USA
Member since 11/24/07
Send Message

In reply to Franksdottir

Date: 4/11/11 10:15 PM

Thank you very much for your email Barb. I was having second thoughts, now I think I'll go and look at it and see what is included with it. I really appreciate you taking the time to email me your experience. Knowledge is wealth!

BTW, I love embroidered towels, they will be a great gift!

cjsews123
cjsews123
Member since 2/21/11
Send Message

Date: 4/12/11 6:49 AM

Not sure this will help or not, but I bought a new 350E last week and paid $1599 for it. It came with a starter kit of thread, two rolls of stablizer, 6 pre-wound bobbins, and the Digitizer Jr software (a value of $499). I also got 20% off anything else I purchased at the same time. You may ask the dealer how much a new machine would be and what you would get with it. That may give you an idea of the value of the year old machine vs a new one.
I haven't much time to play with mine yet but I know I am going to love it....so many of my friends and guild members have this machine that is a winner I am sure.
Good Luck with your purchase.
CJ

Grandma52
star
Grandma52
Intermediate
USA
Member since 4/24/02
online now
Send Message

Date: 4/12/11 9:38 AM

Hi, I too am a 350E owner and really love my machine. I second all the above posts, but especially see if you can get Digitizer Jr added to the price. That little program has been wonderful. Good luck.

------
Janome 12,000
Bernina 1530
Elna Carina
Elna 704

AliceM
star
AliceM
Advanced
IL USA
Member since 4/30/05
Send Message

Date: 4/12/11 10:05 AM

I paid 1200.00 last summer for a demo machine.

crzyconnie
crzyconnie
Advanced Beginner
WA USA
Member since 1/5/11
Send Message

In reply to Mamadox7

Date: 4/12/11 1:20 PM

Just a quick FYI about pricing.... I was all set to beg dh for the 350e for our anniversary. In January of this yr it was MSRP $1199. Up $200 from last summer when I looked at while getting my Janome Horizon sewing machine.

My local dealer wasn't offering anything with it, so I decided I would wait until the big Sewing Expo in my state in March. When I went to the Janome display the price had gone up to MSRP of $1599, but the *deal* was $1350. I didn't bother texting dh to even ask. No extras.

I wandered over to the Bernina display to see if the same machine, under the Bernette Deco name, had any kind of deal going on. Not only was the Bernette on sale for $1000, Bernina USA had mystery coupon sale going on and I got an extra $150 off. And it came with the free ArtLink software that lets me change thread brands as well as change from one file format to another.Plus the shop I bought it from gives a 15-20% discount on notions for their machine customers.

My 2 cents worth.... that used 350e probably listed at $999 a year ago. Definitely ask what kind of extended warranty they will give you, as the original warranty is not transferable from janome, usually. What extras they might throw in, unlimited free classes, etc. Dealer support is as important as price when buying these machines.

FYI- check Bernina's website to see if they have any more specials going on. In fact, they do, 7% off a machine over $1000 April 15-18.

Good luck. Now that I have figured out downloading, file formatting & the USB stick, I love the Bernette 340 Deco!

------
Janome Horizon 7700
Bernina Bernette Deco 340
Elna 614DE serger
Kenmore 1960180
Bernina 1130

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> Need help/advice on Janome 350E buy or not?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics

Register

Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Register

BurdaStyle Magazine 07-2005-110

photo
by: yummymummy...

Review
SewBaby Five Easy Booties Pattern

SewBaby Five Easy Booties Pattern

Buy Now
Sew Liberated Ashland Dress Pattern

Sew Liberated Ashland Dress Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.