SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Patterns and Notions > new Simplicity Naaimode pattern magazine in Dutch ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
new Simplicity Naaimode pattern magazine in Dutch
and in German as well?
hildes
star
hildes
Advanced Beginner
NETHERLANDS
Member since 6/13/08
Send Message

Date: 5/25/11 12:50 PM

I just found a new pattern magazine called Simplicity Naaimode in the supermarket. It seems similar to the Elena/Diana/Fashion Trends etc magazines in terms of paper quality and 'feel', but with Simplicity patterns and quite extensive instructions I think (lots of little drawings), but I haven't yet tried if they make sense. Also, seam allowances are included (1,5 cm). See here.
I've done some searching on the boards and found that apparently there was a German version a few months ago, so perhaps they have this one in German as well now. I think this is the first Dutch one, as it says Nr. 1 on the front.

The patterns included are the following:
1-4 is nr 2703, size 38, 42, 44
5-7 is nr 2694, size 36/38, 40/42, 44/46
8-11 is nr 4193, size 38/40, 42/44, 46/48
12-16 is nr 2733, size 36/38, 40/42, 44/46
17-19 is nr 4192, size 38/40, 42/44, 46/48
20-21 is nr2706, size 36, 40, 44
22-27 is nr 4127, size 34/36, 38/40, 42/44
28-35 is nr 4138, size 36, 40, 44, 48
36-39 is nr 2925, size 38/40, 42/44, 46/48
40-42 is nr 2947, size 44/46. 48/50, 52/54
43-45 is nr 4277, size 40/42, 44/46, 48/50
46-49 is nr 2938, size 38, 42, 44
50-55 is nr 3786, size 38/40, 42/44, 46/48

I hope I haven't made any mistakes!

Sometimes all the patterns in the original envelope pattern are included, sometimes just some. For example, for 2947 it is the sleeveless dress, top and shrug (no pants, no dress with sleeves).

I found it very interesting and bought the magazine. It is only € 5, so I think that is quite good value for money. I've never sewn Simplicity patterns before, so I'm quite curious about them.

(I thought I'd post this to save someone else the trouble of finding the pattern numbers, no affiliation etc. I don't often include links, so I hope everything works!)

Hilde

joanico
star
joanico
Intermediate
NETHERLANDS
Member since 1/8/10
Send Message

Date: 5/25/11 1:34 PM

I had no idea there was a new pattern magazine in the Netherlands! I have used Simplicity patterns and love them! Where did you see this magazine for sale? At the Albert Heijn supermarket?

Time4me
star
Time4me
Advanced Beginner
BC CANADA
Member since 1/22/08
Send Message

Date: 5/25/11 1:44 PM

Wow, what a great idea. Thanks for letting us know and putting all the information in your post. Those links take time! I wonder if they will produce an English version.

GlobalMom
starstar
GlobalMom  Friend of PR
Intermediate
IL USA
Member since 3/11/09
Send Message

Date: 5/25/11 1:49 PM

I saw the German version today at the REWE supermarket.... I think they're pretty widely distributed...

------
Debora, of Chicago and Frankfurt
www.deboraland.com

lakaribane
star
lakaribane
Beginner
HAITI
Member since 7/23/07
Send Message

Date: 5/25/11 1:52 PM

Thanks for posting this and for taking the time to put all the links in (I would have probably done the same).

I think this is an original idea. Perhaps, in light of the popularity of the sewing magazine format in EU and elsewhere, the people at Simplicity decided on this way to reach their target market.

If you are new to the Big 4, it's probably best to do a muslin first. And check the reviews here, obviously!

------
Fashion Maté, where I blog about what I (eventually) sew : http://fashionmate.blogspot.com
Addicted to Pinterest? Me too! : http://pinterest.com/lakaribane/

andrea.m
andrea.m
Beginner
CANADA
Member since 8/3/03
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 5/25/11 2:48 PM

I emailed simplicity.com in February about the availability of this magazine in North America. After a few emails back and forth, this was the reply:

"We have a license arrangement with a publishing company in Germany called OZ-Verlag and they publish a magazine called 'Meine Nähmode' and they print our patterns in there under license. (The magazine is in German).
As far as I know, so far, the magazine is only available in German language in Germany but I believe the license is for other languages/other European countries, but not the U.S./English speaking markets."

It's too bad that they don't publish an english version, I would have bought it in an instant. They are missing out on a large market.

Sanibelle
star
Sanibelle  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
GERMANY
Member since 5/27/03
Send Message

Date: 5/25/11 2:59 PM

Hi Hilde,
That was so nice of you to type out all those pattern numbers!

Over at the HS, someone gave the pattern numbers for the current German issue and they seem to be different from yours (in post 6 here). I wonder if they're producing different issues for different countries? Here's a picture of the German magazine cover.

There isn't much for me in this summer issue, but I do hope they'll continue with these and that I'll have luck with a future one.

Thanks again for the pattern numbers!

Edited to add: I just noticed that at your Dutch link, it says the magazine is available monthly and at the Oz verlag link, they say it's published here in Germany only 4 times a year, so there must be a difference. Lucky you in the Netherlands!

-- Edited on 5/25/11 3:04 PM --

RoseFromThule
star
RoseFromThule
Advanced Beginner
FRANCE
Member since 3/3/10
Send Message

Date: 5/25/11 4:47 PM

It is also available in France under the title "Tendances Couture".

-- Edited on 5/25/11 4:47 PM --

------
Meet me at : prettycrocodile.blogspot.com

hildes
star
hildes
Advanced Beginner
NETHERLANDS
Member since 6/13/08
Send Message

Date: 5/25/11 6:21 PM

Thanks for the positive reactions everyone! I'm glad to be of help.

Joana, I bought it at Super de Boer, but I think it is available quite easily (someone on the sancho forum bought it at Bruna).

Andrea, that is very interesting information. Such a pity it won't be available in English!

lakaribane, I'm still working on my muslin-preparedness :-), but the fact that there are so many reviews available for these patterns is a definite plus and was one of the reasons I decided to buy it (although I didn't need much persuasion). I have a whole database of all the patterns in the Knipmodes and Burdas I have, I really like to organise patterns I guess! Perhaps I'll add which views of the patterns are included later.

Sanibelle, I noticed that too about the quarterly/monthly issue, but I'm not sure it is correct. It seems a bit strange that they would start with number 1 in May. I couldn't find anything about it in the magazine itself.
I'll have a look at the German issue, thanks for the link to the pattern numbers.

Rose, thanks for the French title.

Sanibelle
star
Sanibelle  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
GERMANY
Member since 5/27/03
Send Message

In reply to hildes

Date: 5/26/11 2:47 AM

It's also strange that they would put "summer" on the cover, if it's a monthly publication, so you're probably right that it's a mistake. I was feeling pretty jealous there for a bit!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> new Simplicity Naaimode pattern magazine in Dutch

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

Altering Jackets
Altering Jackets

Register

Fusible Interfacing DVD

Fusible Interfacing DVD

Buy Now
Lolita Patterns Spearmint Paper Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.