SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Sewing Machines > Pfaff Creative Sensation ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Pfaff Creative Sensation
suesewserge
suesewserge
Member since 4/21/11
Send Message

Date: 7/10/11 10:24 AM

Just heard about this new release at my dealer this week... it's the new Pfaff tol coming out this summer. They're taking refundable deposits on it but as is typical don't release any details. Except of course that it's "sensational"...
I have been holding off contemplating a new machine and was waiting until the new Bernina 5 series comes out but now want to check this as well though I'm sure it's an entirely different price point.

happiness5
happiness5
Member since 4/19/11
Send Message

Date: 7/10/11 10:44 AM

I've been talking with my dealer too. I'd been seriously considering bumping up to the Creative 5.5, but now I'm wondering what deal I might get on the Sensation. I'm looking forward to hearing more about this new machine.

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 7/10/11 11:00 AM

I kinda have a feeling it's going to be similar to the Viking Diamond DeLuxe with the thread portioning tension system. I could be wrong but Viking and Pfaff tend to mirror each other (since they are now under SVP) with the exception of cosmetics and a few features.

suesewserge
suesewserge
Member since 4/21/11
Send Message

Date: 7/10/11 11:25 AM

How is the Diamond DeLuxe different than a regular Diamond or whatever other Diamonds are out there (and how long can a manufacturer go before exhausting one name and/or creating complete and total confusion, like Bernina repeating numbers... )

happiness5
happiness5
Member since 4/19/11
Send Message

Date: 7/10/11 1:44 PM

I think the diamond deluxe adjusts tension and stitch length and number automatically based on your embroidery design. I just remember hearing about it and thinking that anything that takes the guess work out of a project for me is a good thing. The more the machine can do on it's own, the less I can mess up on my own!

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

In reply to suesewserge

Date: 7/10/11 4:28 PM

It has the thread portioning system where the thread is measured according to the thickness of the fabric. I guess it works well with difficult decorative threads like metallics. It does also have traditional tension disks and you can switch back and forth between systems if needed. The original Diamond doesn't have this. I did try a straight seam using it and the bobbin side didn't look the greatest. There were segments where the bobbin thread was just laying on the back. I then tried it switching it to regular tension and the seam was perfect front and back. Basically, I'm not sold on it.

Anyway, like a I wrote before, I have a feeling this new system is going to be on the new Pfaff since they are owned by the same company. I haven't used a Creative Vision but have read and heard it's VERY similar to the Diamond.

aslinnd

aslinnd
Advanced Beginner
AUSTRALIA
Member since 5/28/07
Send Message

Date: 7/10/11 5:34 PM

Given that the thread falling out and tension was one of the major issues that plagued the creative line - you would think they will go out of their way to get it right. But I'm starting to think tension is one of those keep it simple things, even if the machine adjusts for your design there are so many other variables for each person for it to work and then your fighting the computer to adjust your tension.

I'd have to see it to believe it.

Jannerie

Jannerie
Advanced
Ohio USA
Member since 7/10/09
Send Message

Date: 7/16/11 2:08 PM

With the purchase of the new Sensation, my dealer is offering Free 5D embroidery software, free luggage , extra 500 designs on a cute jump drive, generous trade in and maybe something else I am forgetting, if you put $100. down before Aug 18th. The price is 9,999. The machine previews August 22. She is having a preview party September 10th.

The $100 is fully refundable if you don't like it once you see it. She hasn't seen it and knows nothing about it.

As usual it is tempting but I don't even know everything about my Creative 4.0 and my 4D software. And I still have not found the perfect FMQ machine.

------
Pfaff creative Sensation,
Singer 15-91,237,221,328K,301,301a,401,403,404,500,503
Bernina 630, 125jubilae
Viking 6020

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 7/16/11 3:52 PM

The Pfaff site now has a teaser video:

Pfaff Sensation
-- Edited on 7/16/11 3:53 PM --

SewingManBalt
SewingManBalt
Member since 6/20/11
Send Message

Date: 7/18/11 7:32 PM

I have heard from a dealer that the "intro" price will be close to $9000, and then after the intro period, the price rises to about $10,000
YIKES, is this a sewing machine or a small sewing factory?
With the issues I've read on this site, and some other, i'm a bit c/w the Pfaff CV (The Creative Sensation seems will be the new TOL Pfaff). THe 5.0 sounds like it was horrible, but most of the issues fixed with the verison 5.5 (though still some pretty negative comments from some, others love it)
I guess we'll see, but $10K seems like a lot of money

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Pfaff Creative Sensation

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

Create a Jacket Muslin
Create a Jacket Muslin

Register

Vogue Patterns 1549

photo
by: becca a

Review
SewBaby More Blankie Buddies pattern Pattern

SewBaby More Blankie Buddies pattern Pattern

Buy Now
SewBaby Travel Nappers Pattern

SewBaby Travel Nappers Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.