SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Machine Embroidery > Janome 350e embroidery machine ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Janome 350e embroidery machine
What should I pay for one of these?

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 9/13/11 8:45 PM

I don't have a Janome dealer close by so thought I would ask here. How much is a 350e going for retail? How much should I pay for a used one?
I found one for $1000 - never used, but it has been registered already so I would not have the warranty.

Thanks for any input,
Deb

Grandma52
star
Grandma52
Intermediate
USA
Member since 4/24/02
Send Message

Date: 9/13/11 10:24 PM

Janome has raised their prices this past year on their machines. I got my machine a year ago for $1200 and I had to hunt for that price. The local dealer near my home wanted $1800 and I found another who wanted $1900. There was yet another dealer asking $1400, which I would have done until I found the one for $1200. So I really have no idea what they are now. I am lucky that there are a number of dealers within about 100 miles of my home.

As for getting it used with no warranty, hum....it is a chance you are taking unless you know the person and the history of the machine, but still, I broke a needle and had to take it in to be removed as it stopped working and I could not get the tip of the needle out at all. Things do happen of course, but it is nice to have the warranty.

My one suggestion to you would be to look around, if you do decide to purchase from a dealer ask if they would throw in the software, I got mine for cheap (Digitizer Jr) and there was a month this year where if you got a machine they threw in Digi Jr for free. There is new software coming out in October and it may just drive the price of the Digitizer Jr down. It is really a VERY nice program. It has more than the basics. I really like it a lot and it is SO user friendly.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide to do.

I just reread your post. It was never used, yet it was registered? Sounds very strange to me. I would be very careful about that if I were you. I think that is a red flag. Just my opinion of course.
-- Edited on 9/13/11 10:33 PM --

------
Janome 12,000
Bernina 1530
Elna Carina
Elna 704

SewBusy63
star
SewBusy63
Intermediate
Member since 12/10/07
Send Message

Date: 9/14/11 8:54 AM

I don't know how much they are selling for new. I had the 350E -- bought it 4 years ago for $1499. I sold it last year for $1200 (included some extras with it). Even if you found a used one not registered, to register a Janome machine, you have to have the original purchase date, serial number, model number and the dealer information. The Janome warranty does state it is for the original purchaser only. Warranty can't be transferred.

You should look at the Bernina equivalent: Bernina Deco 340. It is made by Janome for Bernina. You can usually find it cheaper (brand new) than the Janome 350E. My dealer sells it new for $999. It has at lease one feature on it that the 350E does not have...drag and drop. Plus a built in scissors compartment on the front.

------
~Diana~

♥ Bernina 830E ♥ Bernina 1150MDA serger

✝The Lord is my Light and my Salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1✝

Grandma52
star
Grandma52
Intermediate
USA
Member since 4/24/02
Send Message

Date: 9/14/11 10:19 AM

The Janome 350 has this drag and drop feature. It is great for adding designs with names.

Yes, the Bernina Deco is made by Janome for Bernina and that might be a good way to go also if you have a dealer close to you.
-- Edited on 9/14/11 10:23 AM --

------
Janome 12,000
Bernina 1530
Elna Carina
Elna 704

SewBusy63
star
SewBusy63
Intermediate
Member since 12/10/07
Send Message

In reply to Grandma52

Date: 9/14/11 10:41 AM

Quote:
The Janome 350 has this drag and drop feature.
In the 3 years I owned the 350E, I never knew this. Imagine that! Can you tell I am one not to read the manual? :)

------
~Diana~

✝The Lord is my Light and my Salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1✝

Grandma52
star
Grandma52
Intermediate
USA
Member since 4/24/02
Send Message

In reply to SewBusy63

Date: 9/14/11 11:15 AM

when you have your design on the screen hit the EDIT key, then you can drop and drag.

------
Janome 12,000
Bernina 1530
Elna Carina
Elna 704

SewBusy63
star
SewBusy63
Intermediate
Member since 12/10/07
Send Message

In reply to Grandma52

Date: 9/14/11 1:14 PM

Thanks...This would have been helpful to know when I had my 350E (I sold it last year). My dealer never told me about that feature.
-- Edited on 9/14/11 1:16 PM --

------
~Diana~

Grandma52
star
Grandma52
Intermediate
USA
Member since 4/24/02
Send Message

In reply to SewBusy63

Date: 9/14/11 7:17 PM

SewBusy 63,
Beleive it or not my dealer knew next to nothing on this machine. Which did not matter. I have a friend with it and she has taught me tons! The manual is not very good but the DVD that came with the machine talked about this feature.

------
Janome 12,000
Bernina 1530
Elna Carina
Elna 704

SewBusy63
star
SewBusy63
Intermediate
Member since 12/10/07
Send Message

In reply to Grandma52

Date: 9/14/11 7:59 PM

Hmm...I never did watch the DVD. The 350E is an excellent embroidery machine. I loved it while I had it. Now I have the Bernina 830 and can do up to a 10 x 16 size without re-hooping with the jumbo hoop. I love it! Enjoy your 350E!

------
~Diana~

PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 3/1/13 6:08 PM

#1 do be wary of a machine that old and never used.

#2 the registration is just a name...addresses and phone number can change.

#3 many dealers know just a little less than nothing about the products the sell and are suppose to service.

------
"Improvise, adapt and overcome." - Clint Eastwood/Heartbreak Ridge

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> Janome 350e embroidery machine

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Class Details

Online Class
10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro
10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro

Class Details

Vogue Patterns 8392

photo
by: Marge99

Review
Petite Plus 501 Pattern

Petite Plus 501 Pattern

More Info
Veronica Pocketbook

Veronica Pocketbook

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.