SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Sewing Machines > Kenmore C Cam #1 Zigzag cam ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Kenmore C Cam #1 Zigzag cam
tommig
tommig  Friend of PR
Beginner
Member since 6/17/10
Send Message

Date: 10/9/11 10:44 PM

Hello I asked Mufffet to post this because I could not figure out how to start a new topic. At any rate I got ahold of a cabinet and sewing machine in excellent shape. It was rescued from the side of the road (to the trash dump). Unfortunately it does not have the elusive zigzag cam, (maybe why they were throwing it away.) So if anyone has this cam I would love to buy it. My dh says it has a beautiful straight stitch and that should be enough. But I would like it to be complete. I have already posted this on the vintage kenmore boards.
TIA June

skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

In reply to tommig

Date: 10/9/11 10:58 PM

on the machine there should be a model no. you can look at. Once you find the model no you can look on ebay. Here are a few picture of cams.
This is one for a zig zag deluxe.

hope some of these picture help.
they are list on ebay.

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

Bert62
Bert62  Friend of PR
Beginner
Indiana USA
Member since 12/3/09
Send Message

Date: 10/9/11 11:12 PM

mmmmm. Kenmore cam cheesecake !

Which unit do you have? I come across the cams for all models all the time. I probably have an extra ZZ cam. Bert

tommig
tommig  Friend of PR
Beginner
Member since 6/17/10
Send Message

Date: 10/10/11 0:12 AM

Hi Bert,
I have the 158.960, it is one of the machines that is straight stitch only, unless you have the Zigzag cam. It takes the C cams (tophat) and this particular cam is not the reversible stretch cam it is a single cam it is number 1. I am not sure of the model number. But I know I seen on one of the websites. It would be so wonderful if you have it. It seem to be really elusive.
June

tommig
tommig  Friend of PR
Beginner
Member since 6/17/10
Send Message

Date: 10/10/11 0:13 AM

oops I meant model number for that particular cam.
June

tommig
tommig  Friend of PR
Beginner
Member since 6/17/10
Send Message

In reply to skae

Date: 10/10/11 10:22 AM

Thank you Skae, but none of these cams are the correct one. Believe me I scoured ebay and asked questions so those buyers that were selling cams for the machine or machines that take these number 1 zigzag cam. None of them had it.
June

Bert62
Bert62  Friend of PR
Beginner
Indiana USA
Member since 12/3/09
Send Message

In reply to tommig

Date: 10/10/11 4:50 PM

Hi. I just got back. Sorry.

Ummm. It's quite a conundrum. All of the cams shown above are the only Kenmore cams that I am aware of. Oh, wait I think there are some wafer-thin, flat ones of the jade/celadon variety. I couldn't find much about your machine either. I saw one on Ebay and it was an out-of-focus picture with the top nearly cut off. I just don't know your model. It's amazing to me that you need a cam, rather than just employing stitch-width for Zig-Zag, but I think the Singer 306 I have is like that. Good luck ! Bert

tommig
tommig  Friend of PR
Beginner
Member since 6/17/10
Send Message

Date: 10/10/11 6:19 PM

Hi Bert it is a C Cam like ones in the 3rd and fourth picture posted in this thread by Skae. I checked with those sellers and neither of them have a number 1 cam in that bunch.
It is a single cam, not a double stack reverse stretch stitch cams. There are a few machines that require this cam in order to do a reverse stitch, on other machine that I know of is the 158.1750. You can see a video of it on YT with niftythriftygirl. My machine looks just like that machine. If you check among your C cams it will be numbered 1 and it will have a zigzag for the pattern. I have the 21 which a double stretch zigzag pattern. I would appreciate it if you would check your C cams for this cam. Thank you ever so much
June
June

tommig
tommig  Friend of PR
Beginner
Member since 6/17/10
Send Message

Date: 10/10/11 11:01 PM

OOps I meant the zigzag stitch not reverse stitch. The machine does have a knob for width control, but who knows why they did the machine so that they require the zigzag cam to do the zigzag stitch. My 158.1757 requires a metal cam to do the built in stitches. Go figure. june

tommig
tommig  Friend of PR
Beginner
Member since 6/17/10
Send Message

In reply to Bert62

Date: 10/12/11 11:39 AM

I have found my C cam #1, thanks to a lady on the vintage kenmore group. Bert, it seems that there are a lot of machines besides mine that need a cam, they may not all be C cam machines, to do the zigzag stitch. The 52, which I think uses E cams has to have the number #1 cam (doublesided): 1a is zigzag; 1b is blind hem stitch. So there you go, thank you all for your responses to my desperate plea, LOL.
June
-- Edited on 10/2/13 9:54 AM --

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Kenmore C Cam #1 Zigzag cam

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

BurdaStyle Downloadable 10-2011-139

photo
by: Lisa Gaska...

Review
Sewing Workshop Helix Tee and Pants

Sewing Workshop Helix Tee and Pants

Buy Now
You Sew Girl Small Tote Pattern

You Sew Girl Small Tote Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.