SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > Work At Home ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Work At Home
are there any that are not scams?
KathySews
star
KathySews  Friend of PR
Advanced
Michigan USA
Member since 10/1/06
Send Message

Date: 11/2/11 9:03 AM

I have started looking for a job after a couple of years out of the market. Work at home type jobs keep appearing on my searches and have me thinking. Are there any WAH jobs that are real and pay decent, fair wages? I am very proficient with computers but will NOT do sales calls, sell to my friends, etc. We all suspect they are scams so does anyone have any actual experience with this? Anyone doing this now and can recommend this?
-- Edited on 11/2/11 9:05 AM --

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

In reply to KathySews

Date: 11/2/11 9:13 AM

If you like doing Mystery Shopping, most of the paperwork & accepting the jobs is done at home. I did that for about 5 years... the income varies depending on how many shops a week you do & how far you are willing to travel. I chose to do things within 25 miles of home. One of the perks is free dinner or free movies you are reimbursed for after you have completed & faxed in your paperwork.

You may also want to check with your local doctor's offices... some of those do transcribing at home... I never did that but had a friend who did.

Good luck I hope you find something you really like.

------
Home of the adorable Baby & Mittee girl >^,,^<

Oh my..here we go again, no job...Sighing allot..

AliceM
star
AliceM
Advanced
Illinois USA
Member since 4/30/05
Send Message

Date: 11/2/11 10:22 AM

One of my friends works customer service for large companies like Walgreens and A T & T. You have to have a computer and dedicated phone line with headset. You pick your hours and make at least office wages

aliann1
aliann1  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Colorado USA
Member since 12/8/07
Send Message

In reply to KathySews

Date: 11/2/11 8:00 PM

This is a legitimate company: Alpine Access.

It's contact center work, but instead of working in a contact center, you work from home.

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 11/3/11 8:50 AM

I worked for alpine for a few years and they are legit. West is another one. Both of these companies paid my bills for several years until I started writing, also at home.

KathySews
star
KathySews  Friend of PR
Advanced
Michigan USA
Member since 10/1/06
Send Message

Date: 11/3/11 9:13 PM

Thanks for the leads. I would like to work from home for a while if possible.
-- Edited on 11/3/11 9:13 PM --

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

In reply to aliann1

Date: 11/4/11 0:54 AM

DH applied for this company today, it is a fairly lengthy application but he thought the site was very well laid out, informative & positive. I hope he hears from them.... even a good part time job would surely boost his spirits & it would be nice to get income without having to brave the snow! Thank you for the info!

------

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

In reply to KathySews

Date: 11/4/11 0:56 AM

We discovered there are some work from home positions listed on Craigslist by type of job you are looking for... i.e. medical, non profit, general office etc. ... I would never thought to look there but we were looking for something else & saw JOBS heading.

------

KathySews
star
KathySews  Friend of PR
Advanced
Michigan USA
Member since 10/1/06
Send Message

In reply to tgm and Kittys

Date: 11/4/11 4:38 AM

and they are legit? I worry that they are scams. several wanted money from me to apply. red flag or normal?

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

In reply to KathySews

Date: 11/4/11 6:24 AM

Yes they are legit the ones we thought were jobs he would like... one was a well known local company that is pretty well known so seemed legit & they did not ask for any money, wanted you to send a cover letter of interest & work history ....... that seems what everyone wants now.
If you know medical coding some of that is done from home. DH saw an ad for one but you have to know medical coding & send your credentials then you go in person for an interview. I would think if you know of the company & it is well known in your area it would be legit.
Hope this is helpful a little bit. The job market is tough out there!

------

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Work At Home

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Bust Adjustments
Bust Adjustments

Register

Create a Jacket Muslin
Create a Jacket Muslin

Register

Patrones Magazine 305-2

photo
by: Mikgirl

Review
Victoria Jones Collection Men's Classic Hawaiian Businessman's Aloha Shirt

Victoria Jones Collection Men's Classic Hawaiian Businessman's Aloha Shirt

Buy Now
SewBaby The Sleeve Saver Bib Pattern

SewBaby The Sleeve Saver Bib Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.