SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Fabrics and more... > I made a hge boo boo ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
I made a hge boo boo
I started to cut a raincoat for my grandaughter-not enough fabric
ukdame
star
ukdame
Intermediate
WA USA
Member since 8/1/08
Send Message

Date: 11/18/11 8:51 PM

I bought this " Carnival Book " Michael Miller laminted cotton more than a year ago and finally found a pattern small enough for a 3 year old. Problem is not enough. This lamiated cotton does not appear to be in stock anywhere now and at $15 a yeard I hate to toss it. Does anyone know who might have it still ? It's a brown backgrond w/pink and other color flowers.

------
It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something. ~ Franklin D Roosevelt 1843
Janome 19606 ,Janome My Excel 4023, Brother 1034D, White 1750C, Kenmore 158.1803, White 764, Brother 780D.

skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

In reply to ukdame

Date: 11/18/11 10:32 PM

did you cut the whole pattern out or did you just lay it out?
If you didn't just make it a little shorter then the pattern.

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

Tall Mary

Tall Mary  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
NV USA
Member since 12/7/04
Send Message

Date: 11/18/11 10:44 PM

I just found that laminated fabric on Etsy. It is sold by a site called Just Laminates. It is on page 2 and is being sold for $15.00 per yard.
I am not in any way affiliated with this seller but do buy stuff on Etsy.
You do have to be willing to use PayPal. I haven't been able to find the fabric any where else.
Kathy

------
Sewing and reading about sewing are daily pleasures.
I hope to use up lots of stash in 2013.
2011-Sewing from Stash-SABLE

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
TX USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

Date: 11/19/11 0:14 AM

Maybe you could just use the same type fabric.. but in a solid color for some of the pieces.. such as the pockets. belts. or the sleeves.. or even a solid back .. with the pattern on the front.. As long as it closely matches it should be fine..

clt3
clt3
Intermediate
OH USA
Member since 2/6/06
Send Message

Date: 11/19/11 6:09 AM

Is there any way you could use a coordinated print with it? Like hood, pockets , or sleeves. Here's a coordinate for $11.99:
Laminate

------
Singer 66-16. Singer 600e, Kenmore 158.1913 , Viking 1100, Brother 4000D, Brother Quattro, Bernina 930, White 634DE,
Babylock Evolve, 2 Featherweights ,Pfaff Creative Performance,Janome Coverpro 1000CPX

KathySews
star
KathySews  Friend of PR
Advanced
MI USA
Member since 10/1/06
Send Message

Date: 11/19/11 9:14 AM

FYI I am not affiliated, but I want to assure you you can buy from Etsy without issue...at least I have never had a problem. I love supporting small business, crafters, artists, etc.

beauturbo
beauturbo
Advanced
CA USA
Member since 5/2/09
Send Message

In reply to ukdame

Date: 11/19/11 3:43 PM

I took the exact image of the fabric you posted, and ran it through the Tin Eye image browser here:

www.tineye.com

It came up with 24 hits of webpages (not just fabric stores but anyone at all for any reason) that are right now, using the same image. Just for any old reason. You could do that yourself and check them all out, that might give you some more resources of getting some more of it. That would not be all of them at all though, as if others were taking their own pictures/photo's of the fabric instead of just copying it from another source, the pixels would be way different in those, and probably just the way the little patterns and medallions in the fabric would fill the image too.

ukdame
star
ukdame
Intermediate
WA USA
Member since 8/1/08
Send Message

In reply to clt3

Date: 11/20/11 7:41 PM

Quote: clt3
Is there any way you could use a coordinated print with it? Like hood, pockets , or sleeves. Here's a coordinate for $11.99:

Laminate

I just realised I have some of the brown-pink dotted Michael Miller I bought at the same time for a diaper bag .However it has a dull finish not the shiny like to Carnival Bloom. I hate to pay ETSY price but mjay have too since I already cut it out and am missing one front panel and one sleeve.
-- Edited on 11/21/11 2:43 PM --

------
It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something. ~ Franklin D Roosevelt 1843
Janome 19606 ,Janome My Excel 4023, Brother 1034D, White 1750C, Kenmore 158.1803, White 764, Brother 780D.

nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
AL USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

In reply to beauturbo

Date: 11/22/11 10:14 AM

Tin Eye image brower? Oh my, the future is upon us.

------
No sewing project is ever a complete success nor a total failure.

MommaMonster
MommaMonster
Member since 9/5/11
Send Message

Date: 11/29/11 10:57 PM

Stumbled across this when I was window shopping this evening...

Carnival Bloom
-- Edited on 11/29/11 10:59 PM --

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> I made a hge boo boo

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics

Register

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

Simplicity 0854

photo
by: Sandie1

Review
Burda 6072

photo
by: cweetgal

Review
Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Buy Now
Christine Jonson Taper Pant & Wide Leg Pant

Christine Jonson Taper Pant & Wide Leg Pant

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.