SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Miscellaneous > Black Friday ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Black Friday
quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf
Intermediate
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

Date: 11/25/11 8:08 AM

Well for those of you that what out early or last night, those of us that stayed home or stayed warm in our beds t his morning want to hear all about it. I couldn't believe the lines they showed at the best Buy, Target etc. My daughter and I almost went out last night and I'm so glad we didn't. I think I"m going to Joanns tomorrow have some quilting fabric on sale and there's another 25% off order coupon for tomorrow. Going to veg today maybe do some sewing. At least I don't have to cook.
-- Edited on 11/25/11 5:08 PM --

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alabama USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

In reply to quiltingwolf

Date: 11/25/11 1:24 PM

This morning I went to Hancock's and bought two slimline Ott Lites, each one was reduced from $59.99 down to $19.99 as a Friday Doorbuster. All sewing and quilting notions were 50% off, so I bought leather buttons, a rhinestone belt buckle, a Fons & Porter mechanical pencil with white ceramic lead, and a June Tailor Quarter Cut slotted ruler for rotary cutters. I spent $75 and got $185 worth of stuff.

------
No sewing project is ever a complete success nor a total failure.

skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

In reply to quiltingwolf

Date: 11/25/11 1:46 PM

I went to work at 11:30 at night and got off of work at 11:30 this morning. At my store we we're busy for the first 3 hrs. our store did about 400,000.00 in that time. then we we're quite for a while then it got busy again. I did some straighting and filling in. I won't know ontil tommorrow if we hit a million dollar day.
I heard some things that went on at wallmart. I have a co-worker that did some shopping at walmart. She wanted a certain game and a lady came right up to her and took it right out of her hands.
Pretty bold of that other lady. I don't know how the other store did. but my store had no stupid people that did anything. They we're all pretty nice.
Well that is my black friday.

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

Date: 11/25/11 2:02 PM

On my way to Hancocks shortly.. Did already hit Joanns.. the local one.. but am going across town to their superstore for tomorrows sale. Got another bolt of cotton duck and a cricut cartridge. Most of what I will get will be tomorrow..
So far.. I got a REAL air compressor with gun etc.. for my home dec.. a big one.. not just a small air gun one. DH got some bargains to .. we only went to Lowes. haven't hit Home Depot yet. We love tools around here ..

My favorite purchase.... aside from that air compressor.. is a brand new LARGER monitor so I can see all my typos now.. lol

mastdenman
star
mastdenman  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 1/12/04
Send Message

Date: 11/25/11 2:23 PM

I hit Joanns for the flannel. It wasn't nearly as busy as usual on a Black Friday, but then I was there at 8:30 or 9:00. Hopefully it will pick up this afternoon.

------
Marilyn

January 2009 to January 2010 81 yards out and 71yards in January 2010 to the present 106.7 yards out and 146.5 yards in. January 2011 to the present: 47 yards out and 69 yards in.

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

Date: 11/25/11 2:55 PM

We went to Walmart at 7 AM not a single sm cart in site! We drove to sm shop & it has gone Vintage sm now... Stylist, Older model Brother. It was a surprise gone are the new Vikings they had last year. Oh & an older Kenmore in cabinet.
That is it for Black Friday 2011.

------
Home of the adorable Baby & Mittee girl >^,,^<

Oh my..here we go again, no job...Sighing allot..

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

Date: 11/25/11 3:15 PM

Second haul ... home now.. and off to do some net shopping next.
I didnt' get up in the early morning hours.. in fact we slept in. had leisurely coffee and then went together for the first trip out.
Tomorrow I will be going it alone .. he will stay home with the dogs so I don't have to hurry back..
Had I not felt like shopping today I would have just skipped it altogether.. but I felt good.. and we needed a couple of the items we bought.. so woo hoo.. saved on those by waiting for these sales.

Just hope I do feel like shopping tomorrow.. the traffic wasn't bad today at all.. and lots of parking spaces too.

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to quiltingwolf

Date: 11/25/11 4:43 PM

Checked my dealer's website and found a Black Friday coupon for 50% of any regular priced item up to $25.00. With a toss-up between embroidery scissors and bobbins, I went for the bobbins. (phone order) Big spender here

JoAnn's is on the agenda for tomorrow.

Are any of you looking at the tool ads for Lowe's, Home Depot and Sears? The combo kits are usually a good buy at this time of year.

-- Edited on 11/25/11 4:44 PM --

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

jannw
starstarstarstar
jannw  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 9/3/06
Send Message

Date: 11/25/11 4:44 PM

My store was a lot busier this year than last. We opened at 5am to lines and a packed parking lot. Almost all the customers were nice and in a good mood. The managers(3 guys) of my department all dressed in black to honor Black Friday, they claimed..the customers were laughing at them all morning. We had some good sales advertised and the customers seemed to be buying lots..not one or two items, but full shopping carts..
Maybe tomorrow, I'll go to JoAnn's..too tired after work!

------
2009-113.25 yds
2010-115.5
2011-80.25+30+donated
2012 86.3 yds..
2013 21.0
Everyone who sews seriously has a stockpile of fabrics, because it is natural to purchase more than can be sewn in any one season" Singer, Timesaving Sewing, 1987

GwenH
GwenH
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 8/26/09
Send Message

In reply to quiltingwolf

Date: 11/25/11 5:08 PM

Quote: Sewwolf
Well for those of you that what out early or last night, those of us that stayed home or stayed warm in our beds t his morning want to hear all about it. I couldn't believe the lines they showed at the best Buy, Target etc. My daughter and I also went out last night and I'm so glad we didn't. I think I"m going to Joanns tomorrow have some quilting fabric on sale and there's another 25% off order coupon for tomorrow. Going to veg today maybe do some sewing. At least I don't have to cook.

I'll be interested if you get the 25% off. I went later on this morning to buy a whole 5 yards of flannel for some pj's at the $1.49 price. However, when I tried to use my 25% off entire order, the sales person said it didn't apply to the "doorbuster deals". At the time I figured there was some fine print I'd missed. However, rereading the coupon, I didn't see anything anywhere about not applying to fabric, sale or not. Just check your receipt and be prepared to stand your ground. I also had some 50% off jewelry wire that they said also didn't count (which I just let them keep since I was getting miffed)

I really like my flannel though, at $1.49, even without further discount, is a nice price.
-- Edited on 11/25/11 5:10 PM --
Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Black Friday

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Register

Sewing Basics
Sewing Basics

Register

Vogue Patterns 8280

photo
by: Mauude

Review
Petite Plus V202 VHS

Petite Plus V202 VHS

Buy Now
You Sew Girl 90mm Barrel Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 90mm Barrel Purse Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.