Member since 4/2/08
Date: 11/29/11 1:13 PM
The more you invest in any activity, the more you are bound to get out of it. That's certainly true for PatternReview! The more involved you get, the more rewards you'll reap in terms of learning, inspiration, friendship and fun.
One of the most enjoyable ways to participate on PR is to manage a contest. You'll make lots more friends, learn a lot from participants and become fired up with inspiration for projects of your own.
Contest Managers occupy the same role Tim Gunn does on Project Runway.
Here's a brief list of what we expect from contest managers:
1. Post the rules developed by the Contest Committee.
2. When contestants have questions about what the contest entails, the manager does his/her best to answer them.
3. When the contest manager can't answer a contestant's question, she should discuss the issue with the contest committee.
4. Assist contestants with adding their entries to the contest if they have trouble. Managers can refer to this tutorial:
Tutorial for Contest Managers
Again, if managers run into trouble with this, the contest committee is glad to help!
5. Inspire with examples, provide feedback, encouragement, etc.
Many of you may have some concerns holding you back. We'd like to dispel those concerns.
Q. How much computer expertise do I need?
A. If you can post messages on the forum, then you have all the computer expertise you should need.
What other questions or concerns do you have? We'd like to keep this FAQ current. Thanks!
-- Edited on 11/29/11 1:16 PM --