SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Contest Discussions > 2012 Contest Manager Call ( Moderated by JEF)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
2012 Contest Manager Call
quixoticpixels
starstar
quixoticpixels  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 4/2/08
Send Message

Date: 11/30/11 2:18 PM

We'll be ringing in the new year in a month's time and with the new year comes a whole new batch of PatternReview contests. The Contest Committee hopes that you've all had a chance to look at the contest list for next year and plan to participate in some (or all) of them.

To get a head start on things and to make sure things run smoothly in the year to come, we're looking for for contest managers for the first 2 months of contests.

Who can be a contest manager? YOU can! It doesn't matter if you're a beginning seamstress or someone who can sew circles around Claire Schaeffer. All that's required is a love of sewing and a wish to contribute to this great community.

We'd love to see more people step forward and volunteer in one way or another. We are grateful to ladies like Imaan and JanNW and others who step forward time and time again, but PR has a HUGE membership and we would love to have the rest of you participate in this way.

Why volunteer as a contest manager? Managing contests can be a lot of fun and is a great way to get involved and build relationships with others on the site. Speaking from personal experience, I learned more, made more friends and gained more inspiration as a contest manager than I have when participating in PR in any other fashion. Even though contest managers can't win the prize, they can gain a lot from the experience.

Is managing a contest difficult? Your primary role as a contest manager is to act as a mentor to participants. You'll answer questions about the rules and occasionally help someone sort out their entry in the system. The Contest Committee will also help support you in any way it can.

More info about the job is available here

If you're interested in managing a contest in 2012, please post here and we'll PM you with the rules prior to the start of the contest. Thanks in advance for volunteering - contests are an important - and fun - part of PR, and they couldn't happen without YOU!

photo
-- Edited on 3/17/12 2:25 PM --

------
Amy
http://quixoticpixels.blogspot.com

mrsbewley
starstar
mrsbewley  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Ohio USA
Member since 8/14/08
Send Message

Date: 11/30/11 2:44 PM

I'd like to volunteer to manage the Feb 1-15 Challenge Contest!

quixoticpixels
starstar
Intermediate
Member since 4/2/08
Send Message

In reply to mrsbewley

Date: 11/30/11 2:50 PM

Woo hoo! Thank you Mrsbewley!

------
Amy

Aroura
starstarstar
Aroura
Intermediate
Oregon USA
Member since 7/30/09
Send Message

Date: 11/30/11 3:10 PM

I know a lot of people have shown interest in participating in the fabric stash contest so it may be harder to find a manger for that one. I'd love to manage it, and sew along My stash is mostly too new to count, but I still want to sew it up!

I know you don't want lots of repeat managers, so if someone else steps up, I understand. At the same time, I only expect to manage one contest per year, and January would be a great month for me to do it!

------
Sewing is more than my hobby, it is my art.
My new Blog: http://itssewcreative.blogspot.com/

quixoticpixels
starstar
Intermediate
Member since 4/2/08
Send Message

In reply to Aroura

Date: 11/30/11 4:54 PM

Aroura, you're hired! Thank you very much!!!

Any takers on the jeans and red dress contests? I have a feeling those two contests are going to be ah-may-zing!
-- Edited on 11/30/11 4:55 PM --

------
Amy

treefrog
starstarstarstar
treefrog  Friend of PR
Intermediate
AUSTRALIA
Member since 2/13/08
Send Message

Date: 12/1/11 1:33 AM

Can I volunteer for the jeans contest?

------
It's the journey, not the destination that counts

quixoticpixels
starstar
Intermediate
Member since 4/2/08
Send Message

In reply to treefrog

Date: 12/1/11 12:15 PM

Woo hoo! Thanks Tree Frog! I think you'll have fun with this one.

So now, for the time being, we only need one more contest manager. Any takers on the Red Dress contest? Surely that will be an exciting contest to take on...beautiful, dramatic red dresses?
-- Edited on 12/1/11 12:16 PM --

------
Amy

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 12/1/11 6:47 PM

I can do any of them that needs someone.

quixoticpixels
starstar
Intermediate
Member since 4/2/08
Send Message

Date: 12/1/11 7:07 PM

Wonderful, Elaina! We need a manager for the Red Dress contest. Are you up for that?

Thank you.

------
Amy

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 12/1/11 7:09 PM

Sure. I make plenty of dresses, lol. Few have even been in red.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Contest Discussions >> 2012 Contest Manager Call

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Register

Leather 101
Leather 101

Register

Checkbook Cover

Checkbook Cover

Buy Now
Christine Jonson Boyfriend Jacket and Shell

Christine Jonson Boyfriend Jacket and Shell

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.