SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > Carpet color name ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Carpet color name
Why?
HarrietHomeowner

HarrietHomeowner  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 1/13/10
Send Message

Date: 12/9/11 12:30 PM

Look at the name of this carpet color

Cathy Loves Fabric
star
Cathy Loves Fabric  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 4/16/04
Send Message

Date: 12/9/11 12:37 PM

Sounds like someone trying to find meaning in his/her boring job. This name makes you wonder what else in going on in their very interesting mind. Too funny.

------
My hope is to sew to the very end. They'll find my head slumped over my precious Kenmore 19606 and have to pry the seam ripper from my cold, dead hands.

A Beginners Needle
star
A Beginners Needle  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 9/3/09
Send Message

Date: 12/9/11 12:37 PM

Don't know why, but it had me LOL!!

------
Tina

In my Sewing Room:
Pfaff Creative Performance - Pfurple!
Juki F600
Brother PRW420
Juki 735 Serger

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to HarrietHomeowner

Date: 12/9/11 12:38 PM

To really appreciate this link.. click on the other color pics.. look at the rest of the names.. Not sure I would want to meet the person who named these colors/prints..

GwenH
GwenH
Advanced Beginner
Member since 8/26/09
Send Message

In reply to poorpigling

Date: 12/9/11 12:46 PM

Quote: poorpigling

To really appreciate this link.. click on the other color pics.. look at the rest of the names.. Not sure I would want to meet the person who named these colors/prints..

LOL, I would.

What I find odd, is the fine print on the picture that states "Products rendered in these scenes may not be an exact representation of actual flooring."
a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

Date: 12/9/11 12:49 PM

Well, I don't suppose they could call it

Quote:
Ten Million Plastic Bottles that Contribute to Disease and Destroy the Environment

or,
Quote:
Rough Rider Nylon

Don't go there, ladies, I was thinking of little babies knees when they start crawling.

Quote:
Walking Willows

We have carpet in one room and it is our first experience with nylon carpet. It had to be restretched after long little humps formed that could have housed slim willow trees. Little kids would loved to have used it for playing with their Matchbox four-wheelers.

I've worked with and around the mindset that produces this kind of stuff. It's intriguing and amusing. Makes for a fun day at the office.

-- Edited on 12/9/11 12:51 PM --

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

Rosews13
Rosews13  Friend of PR
Advanced
California USA
Member since 1/17/10
Send Message

Date: 12/9/11 12:52 PM

Thanks! Crazy names but I lke the carpet! I am actually looking for some like that to put into my old BILs house which burned last Christmas in the mountains. I was looking for a color called "dirt."

Barbara Allino
Barbara Allino  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 8/4/02
Send Message

In reply to Rosews13

Date: 12/9/11 2:40 PM

This might clear up the mystery of these names. The carpet style is named Headlines II. I thought they all seemed familiar somehow.

------
Just Breathe! All will be well.
Home to a: Pfaff Performance 5, Babylock Spirit , Janome 6600, Babylock Enlighten and a Babylock Cover Stitch

Miss Fairchild
starstarstarstar
Miss Fairchild
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 12/9/11 3:52 PM

There was a series on TV recently called Flipping Out, with some guy by the name of Jeff Lewis, who is an architect. He was meeting with a guy to promote a paint company, and the names Jeff and his assistant came up with in the meeting were very similar. I wonder if there's a connection?

------
"Play the cards you are dealt, but choose who is sitting at the table"..AARP magazine

SEE MY ETSY SHOP HERE: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuntMaymesAttic
My blog: http://auntmaymesattic.wordpress.com/

jannw
starstarstarstar
jannw  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 9/3/06
Send Message

Date: 12/9/11 4:06 PM

I used to work for a company that sold lots of flooring and I always wanted the job of carpet naming. None of the carpet company's reps (and I dealt with several companies)would ever tell me the official name of the job or anything about it. I personally think it was done in bars during happy hour!

------
2009-113.25 yds
2010-115.5
2011-80.25+30+donated
2012 86.3 yds..
2013 21.0
Everyone who sews seriously has a stockpile of fabrics, because it is natural to purchase more than can be sewn in any one season" Singer, Timesaving Sewing, 1987

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Carpet color name

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Register

Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Register

Sewing Workshop Tamari Apron Pattern

Sewing Workshop Tamari Apron Pattern

Buy Now
Full Bust DVD

Full Bust DVD

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.