SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Machine Embroidery > Prewound Bobbins for Babylock ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Prewound Bobbins for Babylock
mmc3673
mmc3673
Intermediate
Member since 10/16/10
Send Message

Date: 12/16/11 5:22 AM

Has anyone used the prewound bobbins for their Babylock (specifically Esante BLN)? If so, can you tell me where you got them? Typically I use metro, so if those pre-wounds work that would be awesome...but Im not holding my breath.

I can wind, and it doesnt bother me that much...mainly just curious.

PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

In reply to mmc3673

Date: 12/16/11 11:17 AM

Why is the Esante different than the other models?

The only prewounds I use are for machine embroidery. I use NEB, which is size L (shorter than the standard A/15), so I use the bobbin center pin that came with my machine (Ellegante) for this specific reason.

According to this overview (see specifications) the bobbin center pin is one of the accessories included with the Esante.

-- Edited on 12/16/11 11:23 AM --

------
"Improvise, adapt and overcome." - Clint Eastwood/Heartbreak Ridge

mmc3673
mmc3673
Intermediate
Member since 10/16/10
Send Message

In reply to PattiAnnJ

Date: 12/16/11 9:06 PM

I only said "specifically" in case anyone knew of an issue regarding the Esante taking the pre-wounds. I have never used pre-wounds but know some machines cant/wont take them, while others can.

Thanks for the info. Off to buy a few and give it a try!

PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

In reply to mmc3673
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 12/17/11 11:51 AM

Specifically, the option to use prewounds is why the accessories include a bobbin center pin!

-- Edited on 12/17/11 1:12 PM --

------

shaelawnsmom
shaelawnsmom
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 10/10/11
Send Message

Date: 1/1/12 10:11 AM

I have an Ellageo. That is all I use now is prewound bobbins. I have found different websites when they have clearanced them. Sorry, early and not had alot of caffiene yet. Let alone, I get an email from them when stuff goes clearanced. Please note: I have only so far used the Hemmingworth so far. If you have used other brands of embroidery thread with no problems, please let me know!

Steffie
starstar
Steffie
Intermediate
Michigan USA
Member since 11/6/04
Send Message

Date: 1/1/12 11:51 AM

I always used pre-wound with the center bobbin pin. I used them on my Ellageo and now on my Elissimo. I get them from my dealer, so I expect I pay more than if I ordered in quantity online. I think I pay $6.95 per dozen.

mmc3673
mmc3673
Intermediate
Member since 10/16/10
Send Message

Date: 1/1/12 12:51 PM

Thank you all for the information. I have never used the pre-wound's so I think I'll just grab a dozen at the local dealer and then order in bulk if I end up liking them as much as I think I am.

LaurenEmme
LaurenEmme
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 9/13/11
Send Message

Date: 1/4/12 12:25 PM

Does someone mind explaining prewounds to me? I know that sounds stupid, I'm just curious as to their advantages vs. winding your own? Do they perform better? The same? Easier? I mentioned them to my dealer once and she made a face and said not to use them, but I didn't get any details from her as to why not.

------
Bernina 330
BabyLock Ellure Plus BLR3
BabyLock Imagine
Singer 221
Singer 237 converted to treadle
Singer 27 treadle
Necchi BF

PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

In reply to LaurenEmme
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 1/4/12 1:24 PM

Not only a time saver unless you have extras that you can wind before your project, the prewound holds more thread.

Clue - dealers don't know everything.

------

Franksdottir

Franksdottir  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/25/08
Send Message

In reply to LaurenEmme

Date: 1/4/12 8:54 PM

I am really frugal (cheap, cheap, cheap) and I use prewounds for embroidery. The reason is this: embroidery takes a long time if the design is at all complicated, and I do not want to have to stop in the middle of a large design to change the bobbin because it is tricky to get it back exactly where it was.

A prewound bobbin has quite a bit more thread on it than you can get winding it at home - the professional machines do a really good job in winding the bobbin thread. If you use a new prewound bobbin even for a large 5x7 design (I don't know about anything bigger as I have no experience with that) you almost never have to stop and put in a new bobbin. (I say almost, but in fact I have never had to change it.)

I keep the partial bobbins for smaller designs, I don't waste anything.

The extra cost of the prewounds (and you can find good deals on these which I always do) is worth it to insure that my embroidery is not ruined or even put at risk for the savings of a few cents - my time and effort is worth something too.

HTH

------
Barb

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> Prewound Bobbins for Babylock

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

All About Linings
All About Linings

Register

The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Register

Vogue Patterns 1224

photo
by: Westy85

Review
A-Door-Ables

A-Door-Ables

Buy Now
Lolita Patterns Gunmetal

Lolita Patterns Gunmetal

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.