SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > Low Carb Recipes ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Low Carb Recipes
maybe some makeover recipes too
KathySews
star
KathySews  Friend of PR
Advanced
Michigan USA
Member since 10/1/06
Send Message

Date: 12/17/11 7:05 AM

I am attempting to reduce carbs from my diet with the related ups and downs. I love my chips and crackers so changing the grab and go eating habits takes time plus I love to bake and that is a struggle - I need to bake some bread.

I thought we could share some recipes or substitutes that satisfies our carb food needs.

1. Potato replacement - I am trying butternut squash, cut as french fries and baked 400 degrees15-20 minutes

2. Parmaisan chips - shredded cheese baked although I find them a bit too salty

I still have a baking fetish that needs to be satisfied. Will be doing some research on that.

LuceLu
star
LuceLu  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
New York USA
Member since 8/4/06
Send Message

Date: 12/17/11 9:38 AM

Hi, I think many low carbers use almond meal as a flour replacement and Atkins uses whole grain flours in his Atkins for Life Plan.

Here's a link to recipes on the Low Carb forum
Lo Carb Recipes

GrandmaNewt
GrandmaNewt
Intermediate
Member since 6/5/10
Send Message

Date: 12/17/11 10:25 AM

Lots of good low carb recipes on this site

Low Carb Recipes

Michelle T

Michelle T
Intermediate
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 12/17/11 10:52 AM

Are beans considered low carb? If yes, roasted chick peas (Garbanzo beans) are really good. You can vary the seasonings and they give a satisfying crunch. A Google search should find several recipes.

I like roasted nuts too.

I once found and lost again a low carb gluten free pizza crust recipe. You used the cheese to make a crust and put the sauce, meat (if using) and vegies on top. I wish I had printed off as it was really quite good.

------
Proud parent of a Dwight International School Honour Roll Student

KathySews
star
KathySews  Friend of PR
Advanced
Michigan USA
Member since 10/1/06
Send Message

Date: 12/17/11 2:57 PM

I just made the Hungry Girl Kale Chips - kale, tossed in evoo and baked at 425 for 8 min....jury is still out on these. Tasty with salt and pepper, but not a chip replacement. At least I'll get my vitamins

Thanks for the links but I am thinking more along the lines of recipes people know are good. There are lots of lousy ones...I have tried them.

I was wondering if gluten-free means low carb. I will check boxes next time I am at the store.
-- Edited on 12/17/11 2:59 PM --

Rainspa

Rainspa  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 1/1/07
Send Message

Date: 12/17/11 3:25 PM

I haven't tried all of them, but I have yet to be disappointed by anything from "Low Carb Friends".
All of them are made, reviewed and rated by members of the site.

HTH

------
I'm going to Costume College!

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to KathySews

Date: 12/17/11 3:28 PM

Cleaned up my zucchini bits (or 'pie') recipe and posted it on page 5 of the Recipes thread. Zucchinni Bites (or 'Pie') It is really good. Once you have made it a time or two to get the feeling of the moisture content at the end of the cooking time and when it cools a little bit, it will be easy to change up.

There are any number of things you could add in:
steamed and pressed (to get the extra liquid out) spinach
ground buffalo or ground hamburger
tiny whole grape tomatoes partially pressed into the top
lightly steamed cauliflower
diced ham

The link doesn't want to cooperate. I'll try to edit it later and hope for better results.

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to KathySews

Date: 12/17/11 4:03 PM

KathySews,

This one is for you. Page 5, Recipes thread.

Maple-Walnut Torte
And just noticed my note that I added a teaspoon of cinnamon to the original recipe. (Bet you would have done that anyway.)

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

Sherril Miller
starstarstarstar
Sherril Miller  Friend of PR
Advanced
California USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 12/17/11 6:17 PM

My low carb pancakes:

slightly less than 1/2 cup almond flour
1 egg
1/4 cup sugar free syrup - maple is delicious
2 tsp. canola oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
shake of salt
2 shakes of cinnamon
Water for desired thickness

I baked them on a Pam sprayed hot griddle just like regular pancakes. They didn't bubble much so I turned them when the top looked mostly cooked. These would also be good as muffins I think or maybe even waffles. They have some texture and are very filling. They are sweet so you may not need syrup on top.

------
Visit my blog at http://sewingsaga.blogspot.com

If it's worth sewing, it's worth sewing well;
and if it's worth sewing well, it's worth FITTING FIRST! - TSL

fallight
fallight
Beginner
California USA
Member since 8/27/03
Send Message

Date: 12/17/11 11:16 PM

Not a low carb recipe, but if you feel the need to bake maybe you could do what a dear friend of mine does~~she calls it bake and take. When ever the urge to bake something decadant comes over her, she indulges and then takes it to one of her friends that will enjoy it. She enjoys the baking and has made many people happy with her gifts.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Low Carb Recipes

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Leather 101
Leather 101

Class Details

Online Class
Create a Jacket Muslin
Create a Jacket Muslin

Class Details

Popolok Design Popolok design:LuLu dress

photo
by: KateS

Review
SewBaby Wonder Jacket Pattern

SewBaby Wonder Jacket Pattern

More Info
Victory Anouk Paper Pattern

Victory Anouk Paper Pattern

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.