SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Miscellaneous > Anyone Have a Keurig Coffee Maker? ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Anyone Have a Keurig Coffee Maker?
Do you like it? Is it worth it?
sewpatty
star
sewpatty  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Ohio USA
Member since 1/9/10
Send Message

Date: 12/18/11 1:12 PM

Anyone have one of those Keurig Coffee Makers? Do you like it? Do you think it is worth it? Have you tried the reusable metal filter where you use your own coffee/tea instead of using k-cups?

Besides purchasing k-cups is there anything else that must be purchased for it to use?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Patty

------
Machines:
Juki TL98Q Lockstitch
Juki Exceed F-600
Janome Coverpro 1000cpx Coverhem
White Superlock 1900 Serger
Juki 644D Serger
Featherweight 221K

dresscode

dresscode  Friend of PR
Advanced
Florida USA
Member since 7/28/04
Send Message

Date: 12/18/11 1:18 PM

Love it!

You can just use the hot water for oatmeal, too. Hot water for a mug of hot chocolate.

I use the refill cup all the time. I do buy the filters for coffee. (easier to clean too)

You can also place tea bag in the cup but it helps to wet the tea bag first.

It calls for bottled water....but I use tap too.

JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

In reply to dresscode

Date: 12/18/11 1:27 PM

I didn't realize you could get little filters for the reusable cup. We have been looking at purchasing this type of coffee maker, down the road, but I had a problem with the thought of cleaning all those grounds out of the little basket.

dresscode

dresscode  Friend of PR
Advanced
Florida USA
Member since 7/28/04
Send Message

Date: 12/18/11 1:28 PM

I bought the cup and filters at Linens n Things.

sarah in nyc

sarah in nyc
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 1/8/05
Send Message

In reply to sewpatty

Date: 12/18/11 1:44 PM

I love coffee. I am the only person in my household who drinks it. I make coffee using a melita filter over a mug. I have been told that all of the stuff in coffee that's bad for you is trapped by the paper. It's cheap, it's quick, easy and doeasn't create a whole lot of garbage. I do own a larger filter holder and paper filters in case I'm making coffee for a larger group.

------
sarah in nyc
www.sewnewyork.blogspot.com

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 12/18/11 2:31 PM

I had one, and sold it. I drink a lot of coffee and the machine did not keep up with my drinking demand. The third time I burned one out, while in warranty and got a 4th and started developing problems (I got 4 of them in a 10 month period, and had to fight the company to honor their warranty too), I decided I needed something different and larger. It was a hassle for me, and the company told me it was not intended for heavy coffee drinkers. Right there told me I did not need the machine.

Customer service was alright, but it always took 3-4 calls and a bunch of steps before they would even bother with fixing the problem. You have to do a certain number of steps before they will talk to you, then it's something else and finally they will help you. But expect any problems to take a week or so to sort out.

I used k-caps from online, I got for free. Used with the plastic cups and it worked fine. If I would have drank less then 4 or 5 cups or so a day, it would have been great. As it is, I drink about 3 pots a day, and wasn't happy with the expense of it and how short of a time it lasted.

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to sewpatty

Date: 12/18/11 3:11 PM

We don't drink coffee at home but offer it to our guests after dinner. It was frustrating to brew up a pot and then to have to wait to brew another and to also try to keep track of the freshness of the coffee in between (kept it in the freezer).

And...............our friends don't want to get up and leave the table after dinner. We have another, clean, room for them to mingle and visit in and I like to wait a bit before serving desert.

The Keurig serves a couple of functions. Everyone can have what they want nearly immediately and it gets the bodies moving so I can quickly go about the tasks that are immediately necessary. I set up the beverage station away from my work area. Usually one of the fellows steps in as the Keurig coach.

Our sons have used them in their homes on a daily bases for a couple of years.

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

ItzMePenny

ItzMePenny  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 12/31/05
Send Message

In reply to sarah in nyc

Date: 12/18/11 5:13 PM

Quote: sarah in nyc
I I make coffee using a melita filter

In my opinion, this is the only way to make great coffee. And, grind your beans only when you're ready to make the coffee. I've been using the Melitta cones for about 40 years, with a couple of attempts at other coffeemakers, and I've never found anything that will match it for great coffee. I just wish they'd make a porcelain #6 cone.

------
PennyZ

sewpatty
star
sewpatty  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Ohio USA
Member since 1/9/10
Send Message

Date: 12/18/11 5:37 PM

Thank you everyone for your input!

Patty

------
Machines:
Juki TL98Q Lockstitch
Juki Exceed F-600
Janome Coverpro 1000cpx Coverhem
White Superlock 1900 Serger
Juki 644D Serger
Featherweight 221K

Nancy1955
star
Nancy1955  Friend of PR
Beginner
USA
Member since 5/10/10
Send Message

Date: 12/19/11 9:08 PM

Check the reviews on Amazon. We've had to replace ours already. Even the Cuisinart brand has issues.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Anyone Have a Keurig Coffee Maker?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Understanding Wool Fabrics
Understanding Wool Fabrics

Register

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

New Look 6069

photo
by: ericasisme

Review
HotPatterns 1013

photo
by: annie11

Review
Favorite Things The Nappies Pattern

Favorite Things The Nappies Pattern

Buy Now
Christine Jonson Slit Skirt & Pencil Skirt

Christine Jonson Slit Skirt & Pencil Skirt

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.