SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Miscellaneous > Love/Hate WalMart? ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Love/Hate WalMart?
PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

Date: 12/19/11 1:34 PM

NO COMMENT NECESSARY!!

Just watch this video and then try to get the video and song out of your head!

In no way does this reflect our local WM. I live in a college community. Our local store is always in tiptop condition. During the 11+ years I have lived in this area, WM has had the same employees (have learned some of their names), but management has changed three times.

The only skimpy clothing I have seen are the "shorty-shorts" worn by coeds. Adults are decently dressed year round.

It does seem as though the store reflects the community. No shorties in sight when it is the end of the school year and only foreign students, graduate students and the football team remain in town.

-- Edited on 12/22/11 11:41 PM --

------
"Improvise, adapt and overcome." - Clint Eastwood/Heartbreak Ridge

quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

Date: 12/19/11 2:05 PM

Strangest thing I've ever seen in Walmart is a guy in a kilt and after watching this it wasn't all that strange.

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

Sherril Miller
starstarstarstar
Sherril Miller  Friend of PR
Advanced
California USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 12/19/11 2:41 PM

I'm on the hate side of this. I'm a Target shopper. My Walmart is messy, loud, and always has long lines. The few dollars I might save aren't worth it. I'd rather shop at a thrift store than Walmart.

------
Visit my blog at http://sewingsaga.blogspot.com

If it's worth sewing, it's worth sewing well;
and if it's worth sewing well, it's worth FITTING FIRST! - TSL

Elona
star
Elona  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 8/24/02
online now
Send Message

In reply to Sherril Miller

Date: 12/19/11 3:04 PM

I detest Walmart. Gad, the filth and disorder--just beyond the pale around here.

birdmcfarland
starstar
birdmcfarland
Intermediate
Pennsylvania USA
Member since 8/1/08
Send Message

Date: 12/19/11 4:04 PM

I loathe Walmart and the fact that legions of people shop there to buy chinese-made goods while at the same time bitching that there are no jobs in the US.

JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

Date: 12/19/11 4:14 PM

I just had to share this on Facebook

Miss Fairchild
starstarstarstar
Miss Fairchild
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to birdmcfarland

Date: 12/19/11 4:41 PM

Quote:
I loathe Walmart and the fact that legions of people shop there to buy chinese-made goods while at the same time bitching that there are no jobs in the US.
I hear you there! And they now have produce from China--read labels carefully!

------
"Play the cards you are dealt, but choose who is sitting at the table"..AARP magazine

SEE MY ETSY SHOP HERE: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuntMaymesAttic
My blog: http://auntmaymesattic.wordpress.com/

TessKwiltz
star
TessKwiltz  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 9/21/07
Send Message

Date: 12/19/11 5:03 PM

Walmart has the contact lens solutions we use for about 30-40% less than Target charges, and I have to go past Walmart and the mall to get to Target. Result is I only get to Target once every couple of years. If the locations were reversed I would never go to Walmart. Can you tell I hate the mall congestion worse than I hate Walmart?

I only go to Walmart once every two or three months to stock up on contact lens solutions and other health-care type staples.

------
Tess

On threadpainting flowers: "How many colors are in a flower? ... How many do you have?" - Ellen Anne Eddy

diane s
star
diane s  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Oregon USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 12/19/11 5:07 PM

I live in a rural county, 25 miles from a large store such as Target or Joanns. There is a Wal-mart here around the corner from my work. I ran in there the other day to buy 100% cotton thread for those microwave potato bags. I certainly don't love the place, but it's better than making a 50 mile round trip for 1 or 2 things.

------
My grandmother taught me to sew when I was 10, and I've been sewing ever since.

ryan's mom
starstarstar
ryan's mom
Advanced
Member since 11/30/04
Send Message

Date: 12/19/11 5:39 PM

I like Walmart for thread, and as someone mentioned before, contact lens solution. Our still has a fabric section, although 1/2 the size it used to be, but it still has things I like pertaining to sewing. DD#2 and I just went there before her ortho appt. this afternoon and she picked out two beautiful sheers for scarves for her friends as well as a great canvas print for totes. Christmas presents that I have to make in a few days, although she's the one that's doing the cut out.

------
Big 4 Pattern size 12, RTW bottom: 6, RTW jacket 8, RTW top (no size fits me well!)
Measurements: 34 HB/36 FB (34C bra)/27.5/36 (and working hard to keep it that way.)
Machines: Sewing: Elna 760, vintage Kenmore Model 33 (1967), Janome Gem Gold 3. Sergers: Babylock Imagine and Babylock Enlighten. Embroidery Only: Janome 300E. Coverstitch: Janome CP1000. Straight Stitch: Janome 1600P.

If you think your sewing is better than everyone else's around here, get out of my way b****. I hate sewing snobs.

My blog: www.phatchickdesigns.blogspot.com

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Love/Hate WalMart?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts
Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts

Register

Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Register

McCall's 6617

photo
by: QuikSew

Review
Beginner Sewing Lab 104 - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

Beginner Sewing Lab 104  - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

Buy Now
Sewing Workshop Origami Skirt Pattern

Sewing Workshop Origami Skirt Pattern

Buy Now
Simplicity Vintage 7482 into Skant

photo
by: lbreton

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.