SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > So who got sewing related Xmas Gifts ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
So who got sewing related Xmas Gifts
quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf
Intermediate
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

Date: 12/27/11 11:01 AM

I didn't but just wondering what everyone else got.

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 12/27/11 11:13 AM

Honestly, I got my mom's old wardrobe (the furniture, not clothing) for Christmas. I rarely get much on Christmas.

DH and I are supposed to be doing it the first of the month, since it suits out budget better. I'm supposed to get a dress form and money for fabric, but since I do the budget, I doubt I'll allot the money for it.

happytobehere
happytobehere
Beginner
Member since 7/31/10
Send Message

Date: 12/27/11 11:25 AM

A friend has offered me a treadle SM, but not coming till the New Year.

EleanorSews
star
EleanorSews  Friend of PR
Advanced
Michigan USA
Member since 7/26/07
Board Moderator
online now
Send Message

Date: 12/27/11 11:36 AM

Sewing and knitting notions came my way this year. My sister also gave me a knitting book called "Finishing School: A Master Class for Knitters". Only no book, just a notice it is on back order. When she found out, she tried the local book stores and there were no copies available. One of my neighbors brought a copy to our neighborhood knitting night in November and it is quite the book. Lots of photo illustrations and some techniques that were new to me. The price online was about half what it was going for in brick & mortar stores. Hopefully it will arrive by the end of January and even then I probably won't be quite ready to assemble the cardigan I'm working on.

------
"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anais Nin

"Attitude is the difference between an adventure and an ordeal." unknown

Learn To Sew
star
Learn To Sew  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/12/05
Send Message

In reply to quiltingwolf

Date: 12/27/11 11:47 AM

I got an over the door mirror and it is up and ready to use. I also got another swing arm lamp, but DH wants it in this room and not in my sewing room. We are going to redo the sewing room this week and see if we can get better flow to it. He wants my main cabinet next to the heat vent. I cook over there, so it will have to be turned off.

I also need to find a child safety door so the dogs can see in the room when I am in it and still be in the hallway. DH worries about them knocking the iron off the ironing board. Knowing those 2, that is really possible, as they get to playing in my room and run into me when ironing.

This means I have to unpack all my books from the solid oak cabinet he bought me last year and move it too. One of the desks will be in that spot. I want another wall mounted swing arm lamp, so I will be buying one after I decide how the room is going to go back together. If I can get the privacy film for the window, then the mini blinds can be open and I will tripple the daytime light in the room. Oh, I need that first!

Note to self, go to Home Depot and buy that privacy film today!

------
Bernina 630, my much loved main machine
Bernina embroidery module
Pfaff 2036 my back up & travel machine
Babylock Molly, mechanical
Bernina 1200DA serger
Unique Sewing Cabinet 450L

fabrictherapy
fabrictherapy  Friend of PR
Advanced
Georgia USA
Member since 12/22/10
Send Message

Date: 12/27/11 11:57 AM

I love my sister in law. She gave me a heavy box of wallyworld fabric and said I would love a southwestern style quilt. Since her colors were way off in this over 40 yard menagerie of stuff, I told her I would happily donate the box to a lady who makes Project Linus stuff, and I would get the fabric for her queen sized quilt and have it completed by her birthday this spring.

Michelle T

Michelle T
Intermediate
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 12/27/11 12:29 PM

I bought for myself the Janome pink bobbins and an extra large set of scrap book totes with hinged lids. The totes are the perfect size for sewing projects, stack nicely and are pretty colours. My mil 'gave' both to me.

------
Proud parent of a Dwight International School Honour Roll Student

KitnRose
star
KitnRose
Intermediate
Member since 6/18/03
Send Message

Date: 12/27/11 12:33 PM

My husband's aunt gave me a small packet of vintage fabrics including a yard of the most gorgeous lace. Her gifts are always a blast. Last year she cleaned out her parents' home as as I'm the only one in the family who sews, I got a box of her mother's with everything from a left lace collar (no right side, just the left) to some gorgeous linen. Beyond that it was a hobby free Christmas but as I have about twice as much stuff as room to store it, I really can't complain.

------
Kit
"Never underestimate the power of the right dress!" - drsue
"Hyu gots to know how to sveet tok de costumers, dollink" - Girl Genius, 11-24-08

JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

Date: 12/27/11 1:42 PM

My husband has finally caught on to what makes my heart sing when I open a gift...Gift Cards to Joanns and Hancocks...I got one for each store Gotta love him

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys
Advanced Beginner
Wisconsin USA
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

Date: 12/27/11 4:46 PM

I bought myself 2 pair of Gingher scissors on sale at JoAnn's & ordered a walking foot for my Janome I used Christmas gift money to buy the sewing goodies. : )
I just got a Siamese clock in the mail that we ordered for the sewing room! Not sure that counts but it is going to go in sewing room & be used when I am in there. ; ) Happy Birthday to me !

------
Home of the adorable Baby & Mittee girl >^,,^<
Meowy Christmas everyone!

Oh good, DH has now getting a nice part time job. Avg 20 hours a week.
The sewing workers:
Hello Kitty Kate (green), Hello Kitty Valerie, Dottie Kenmore, Bubba Kenmore the traveler.

Be still & know that I Am God +
Dear God...please help us out..Thank you..+

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> So who got sewing related Xmas Gifts

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets
Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets

Register

Fun with Fitting - PANTS
Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Register

Simplicity 8735

photo
by: abbythomas

Review
Vogue Patterns 1224

photo
by: jenleeC

Review
SewBaby More Blankie Buddies pattern Pattern

SewBaby More Blankie Buddies pattern Pattern

Buy Now
ZIPPERS - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

ZIPPERS - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.