SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Sew Alongs > How many yards you used out of your stash and counting ( Moderated by CarolynGM, Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
How many yards you used out of your stash and counting
Post how many yard you used at a given time and how much you think you have left.
skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

Date: 1/11/12 2:25 PM

Just got this great Idea. So many of us are going to down size our stash. Why not post how much fabric you used at a given time.
It will be fun to see how much of us dip into our stash.
So far I used 2yds for my dughter bottom pj.
More to come.

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

minggiddylooloo
star
minggiddylooloo  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 5/17/05
Send Message

Date: 1/12/12 9:46 AM

I used 4 yards last weekend on two pairs of yoga pants. Now, how much I have left... unknown. But it's 4 less than before!

------
I'm finally a blogger!
sewming.blogspot.com

Miss Fairchild
starstarstarstar
Miss Fairchild
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 1/12/12 10:21 AM

Well, my spreadsheet tells me that 136 yards of fabric is somewhere in my house. It seems like more, though! In 2011, I purchased 40 yards and used 100. And this year I've bought 6.5 (so far) and used 15.5 Now mind you, that's just apparel fabric...

------
"Play the cards you are dealt, but choose who is sitting at the table"..AARP magazine

SEE MY ETSY SHOP HERE: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuntMaymesAttic
My blog: http://auntmaymesattic.wordpress.com/

allycovey
star
allycovey  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Arkansas USA
Member since 11/16/07
Send Message

Date: 1/12/12 11:06 AM

I am so impressed by you ladies keeping track of the yardage you have!!! I am so lazy I like to look at and dream about what it will be then fold it and put it away. Maybe if I get a new laptop just for my sewing area I will start logging it in as I get it. I am always amazed at the great ideas people have. So far this year. I have bought 15 yds from Fabric Mart and made a wool jacket for DH - 2.5 to three yards and am currently working on Jeans/cargo pants for DH just over 2 yards. So I don't guess I am doing so good.

Tall Mary

Tall Mary  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Nevada USA
Member since 12/7/04
Send Message

Date: 1/12/12 11:34 AM

I am in the Stash contest and have sewn 2.5 yards for pajamas and am thrilled with that amount since it is still the beginning of the year.
I have stash beyond my life expectancy and it has never been counted.
Kathy

------
Sewing and reading about sewing are daily pleasures.
I hope to use up lots of stash in 2013.
2011-Sewing from Stash-SABLE

shanntarra
starstar
shanntarra
Expert/Couture
Texas USA
Member since 3/19/09
Send Message

Date: 1/12/12 12:29 PM

I decided to see how much I can get out. So far I have gotten 5 yards out but only brought in .75 yds. I make baby and kids cloths so I don't go through it fast, but I'm hoping I can start cranking through alot of small lengths.

------
"Costume Tech's are overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated except to those designers, actors, directors, playwrights, and other theater artists who depend on them." - The Costume Technicians Handbook

KensingtonCrab
KensingtonCrab
Advanced Beginner
South Carolina USA
Member since 2/13/09
Send Message

In reply to skae

Date: 1/12/12 12:37 PM

I am on the Fabric Fast, so I have not purchased any fabric or patterns this year and have used about 2.5 yards in stash. Am making myself a pair of red summer shorts and have made a number of AG doll clothes!

------
Carpe diem!

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

In reply to skae

Date: 1/12/12 3:05 PM

Great idea... but you know some of us are so awful slow at it going out & much faster at it coming in!
In 4 yards... out so far for DH jacket in process 3 1/2 yds, another 1 1/2 yds pinned to cut lining. Left in bins too much to know or admit to!

------
Home of the adorable Baby & Mittee girl >^,,^<

Oh my..here we go again, no job...Sighing allot..

skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

Date: 3/28/12 11:51 AM

so far since i posted this i used 16 yards. getting ready to sew summer for grand daughter. cut into piece used 3 yds. I'm still counting.

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 3/28/12 4:49 PM

This week I've cut out 4 yards for a robe, 1.5 for the baby's Easter dress and 2.5 for a nightgown.

I've bought 125 yards so far this year, had 200 yards...so 317. I do need to go through it all and pare it down, but only because I have fabric I bought that was all I could afford at the time, and I am not thrilled with it.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sew Alongs >> How many yards you used out of your stash and counting

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics

Register

Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Register

Izzy & Ivy Designs 138

photo
by: MBE

Review
You Sew Girl Beach Bag Pattern

You Sew Girl Beach Bag Pattern

Buy Now
Katy Bags

Katy Bags

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.