SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Machine Embroidery > Is it just me or organ embroidery needles are better ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Is it just me or organ embroidery needles are better
than schemtz?
pinkymom
pinkymom
Beginner
Member since 4/9/11
Send Message

Date: 1/15/12 6:12 PM

I have embroidering t-shirts for my kids all weekend. Every time I use a schemtz ball point needle the machine jams on both bernina deco & bernina 200. While if I use an organ ball point embroidery needle is fine.

Has anyone experience this?
-- Edited on 1/15/12 6:12 PM --

------
Bernina 200E, 750E, 1150MDC, Babylock Evolution, BLCS2, Juki 2010q, Simplicity Blindsticher.

Franksdottir

Franksdottir  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/25/08
Send Message

In reply to pinkymom

Date: 1/15/12 7:44 PM

I think people use different needles for a variety of reasons, and many people swear by Schmetz. I cannot say that I have noticed any real difference, but these days I use only Organ needles because they are so much cheaper. Also, I love the little packages the Organ needles come in.

------
Barb

Doris W. in TN
star
Doris W. in TN  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Tennessee USA
Member since 2/9/04
Send Message

In reply to pinkymom

Date: 1/15/12 7:49 PM

I only use Schmetz for sewing. For machine embroidery, I only use Organ. Even the Bernina educators and dealers recommend Organ for machine embroidery.

SVN
star
SVN
Intermediate
Ontario CANADA
Member since 4/20/09
Send Message

Date: 1/15/12 7:52 PM

Your message title caught my eye! I got some free organ needles with a new Janome. At first I thought the great stitching was down to the new machine, but as soon as I swapped the Organs for my old stand-by needles, I realized that the organ needles were accounting for much of the improvement. I'm not sure about embroidery (I've never done any), but I think they're fantastic for normal garment construction. I've been trying to find an online retailer that sells them in Canada!

Sew4Fun
starstarstarstar
Sew4Fun
Advanced
AUSTRALIA
Member since 6/23/04
Send Message

In reply to pinkymom

Date: 1/15/12 8:20 PM

I think it depends a lot on your machine. Each machine is different. I've always preferred Schmetz but I've just bought a Bernina. It seems to be much fussier than other machines in terms of thread, needles, etc.

------
Belinda. Melbourne, Australia
http://sew-4-fun.blogspot.com/

JKimes
star
JKimes  Friend of PR
Expert/Couture
Texas USA
Member since 11/4/05
Send Message

Date: 1/15/12 8:26 PM

I've always used Schmetz, but have recently started using Organ needles, especially for embroidery, and I agree--they are just plain better.

Juliette

------
Juliette near Austin, TX
Bernina 830LE
Bernina 350PE
Babylock Evolution
ElnaPro 905DCX

bestgrammy
star
bestgrammy
Oregon USA
Member since 8/29/06
Send Message

In reply to SVN

Date: 1/15/12 10:27 PM

www.discountembroiderysupply.com (Discount Embroidery Supply) is an online vendor that WILL ship to Canada...and the first pound will be sent FREE...you only pay for the cost of shipping that is over one pound...since needles are so tiny and lightweight that will probably be FREE shipping. They also have very good prices and a large selection of Organ needles.

** The only thing is be careful that you are getting the correct online vendor. There is another vendor that is called Discount Embroidery Supplies.com then when you click on that it goes to Allstitch.

Be sure it is: Discount Embroidery Supply. I have ordered from them many times and always been very pleased and so has a friend of mine.

ETA: If you check out the Discount Embroidery Supply website...click on the Free Shipping icon and that will take you to the shipping info which describes shipping to Canada.
There is a minimum order amount.

-- Edited on 1/16/12 2:34 AM --

SVN
star
SVN
Intermediate
Ontario CANADA
Member since 4/20/09
Send Message

In reply to bestgrammy

Date: 1/16/12 7:54 AM

Thanks! I'll take a look!

pinkymom
pinkymom
Beginner
Member since 4/9/11
Send Message

Date: 1/16/12 8:59 AM

Thank you all for the reply and the link to the online vendor!!!

Good to hear different opinions on needles.
-- Edited on 1/24/12 11:27 PM --

------
Bernina 200E, 750E, 1150MDC, Babylock Evolution, BLCS2, Juki 2010q, Simplicity Blindsticher.

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

In reply to pinkymom

Date: 1/17/12 5:21 AM

I like the Organ needles too. They seem sturdier to me. I have bought them online too from the site mentioned by another poster. Has anyone noticed some of the Sears Online needles have changed to substitute Organ needles ??? To me that also says must be quality ... just thinking that for me. ....

I just ordered some Organ needles form Luilovbug on Ebay, I have done business with her for years & she is always fast & good prices, good product.
-- Edited on 1/18/12 11:02 AM --

------
Home of the adorable Baby & Mittee girl >^,,^<

Oh my..here we go again, no job...Sighing allot..

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> Is it just me or organ embroidery needles are better

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

Register

Sewing Basics
Sewing Basics

Register

Marfy 2733

photo
by: clothingen...

Review
Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Buy Now
Sewing Workshop Inventor Shirt Pattern

Sewing Workshop Inventor Shirt Pattern

Buy Now
Butterick 5576

photo
by: MissMarnie

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.