SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Patterns and Notions > men's pants ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
men's pants
need pattern
shana707

shana707
Advanced
PA USA
Member since 3/23/05
Send Message

Date: 1/16/12 5:26 PM

Can anyone recommend a pattern for men's Dockers style/chino pants?

allycovey
star
allycovey  Friend of PR
Intermediate
AR USA
Member since 11/16/07
Send Message

Date: 1/16/12 5:48 PM

Kwik sew and Burda have the most men's patterns. I have really struggles looking for men's patterns for DH. He really enjoys my sewing for him but the diversity of patterns is just not there in men's.

dscheidt

dscheidt
Member since 6/8/09
Send Message

In reply to allycovey

Date: 1/16/12 7:55 PM

Quote: allycovey
Kwik sew and Burda have the most men's patterns. I have really struggles looking for men's patterns for DH. He really enjoys my sewing for him but the diversity of patterns is just not there in men's.

And, even worse, many of the patterns that are available are ancient and not at all fashionable.

If you've got a pair that fit you can copy them. It's easier if you can take them apart, but you can trace them even if you don't. There used to be a number of videos on youtube about how to do it, but I haven't looked lately.
Vintage Joan
star
Vintage Joan
Intermediate
ON
Member since 7/16/07
Send Message

In reply to shana707

Date: 1/16/12 10:27 PM

Maybe one of these Burda patterns?

Edited to correct the numbers.
-- Edited on 1/18/12 9:37 AM --

------
my shield and my very great reward ~ Gen. 15:1

shana707

shana707
Advanced
PA USA
Member since 3/23/05
Send Message

Date: 1/17/12 10:28 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. DH's rtw pants don't really fit him well so I don't think copying is the answer. The Burda 7841 looks good. I'll try to look at it this week. Now, any suggestions about how to get him to stand still for for measurement?

Ericaeli
star
Ericaeli  Friend of PR
NV USA
Member since 6/23/09
Send Message

Date: 1/17/12 10:44 AM

I have made This Jalie pattern for my husband multiple times. IMO they look very much like Dockers. He likes them with the cargo pockets, but they can also be made without the pockets. The fit is really nice on them too.

Tom P
star
Tom P  Friend of PR
Intermediate
NY USA
Member since 3/16/07
Send Message

In reply to shana707

Date: 1/18/12 8:13 AM

For pleated pants, I use the pants part of Vogue 2383. I really like the waistband for them, and use it pretty much for everything (even jeans).

For flat-front pants, I use a Burda 7915 without the cargo pockets. The pants have a back yoke, so I also use them for jeans. It was easy to alter them to have a dart instead of a yoke, so I also make dressier pants, too.

I've used the KwikSew jeans pattern, but I really don't like the fit on me. They seem cut a little too slim through the thighs, and I never figured out the fit.

OTOH, the Burda pants are little wide through the hem (they're kind of straight cut below the knee), so I had to narrow the legs.
-- Edited on 1/18/12 8:15 AM --

Vintage Joan
star
Vintage Joan
Intermediate
ON
Member since 7/16/07
Send Message

In reply to shana707

Date: 1/18/12 9:40 AM

Quote:
Burda 7841 looks good.

Thanks for noticing the correct number -- I had both numbers listed wrong originally because (weird!) the link info. I copied contained a different pattern number. I've corrected this now in my post.

------
my shield and my very great reward ~ Gen. 15:1

allycovey
star
allycovey  Friend of PR
Intermediate
AR USA
Member since 11/16/07
Send Message

Date: 1/18/12 10:52 AM

I like that jacket pattern from Burda. I would just like to make something different for DH. Of course I am now happy with the pants pattern I made it is a blend of burda mentioned here, Mr. HP straight leg jeans and my own playing around with cargo pockets. As far as jackets go I would like to find a jacket without the lapel. He really likes those short collars (like collarless shirts?)

Padmé

Padmé
Member since 7/12/06
Send Message

In reply to allycovey

Date: 1/18/12 5:28 PM

Burda 8273 and there is a new Burda jacket pattern that's similar, but I can't find mine yet. I love the newer one. It' looks like a sweater that my MIL knitted for my husband, same style too.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> men's pants

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Register

Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Register

Vogue Patterns 1323

photo
by: Erica B.

Review
Sew Liberated Bohemian Carpet Bag Pattern

Sew Liberated Bohemian  Carpet Bag Pattern

Buy Now
THE COLLARS - A CD Book by Kenneth King

THE COLLARS - A CD Book by Kenneth King

Buy Now
Simplicity Sew U

photo
by: House of P...

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.