SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Miscellaneous > Prayers needed ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Prayers needed
Fire
Julia C
star
Julia C  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Nevada USA
Member since 7/1/07
Send Message

Date: 1/19/12 9:10 PM

We have a rapidly moving fire of 3000+ acres. So far at least 13 homes gone in just one small rural neighborhood. It is moving into a much more populated area. Winds are down to 40-50 mph from 80 -100. A little rain starting in the higher elevations.
This is the second very large fire in 9 weeks which was the last time we had any moisture.
Please pray for the winds to die down & precipitation to fall gently.

skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

In reply to Julia C

Date: 1/19/12 9:53 PM

will pray for your area. Hope it rains soon.
Just ran across this newpaper report about the fires
-- Edited on 1/19/12 9:57 PM --

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

ShantiSeamstressing
star
ShantiSeamstressing
Advanced Beginner
Member since 6/11/10
Send Message

In reply to Julia C

Date: 1/19/12 10:07 PM

I'm so sorry, Julia. I will pray for you and your area, and those affected families.

marec
starstarstarstar
marec  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 5/11/08
Send Message

Date: 1/19/12 10:32 PM

Stay safe Julia and be ready to move the family and animals at a moments notice.

------
my blog: http://kf-biblioblog.blogspot.com/
Sewing through my pattern stash-145
completed.

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

In reply to Julia C

Date: 1/19/12 10:32 PM

Sending prayers your way ASAP!

------
Home of the adorable Baby & Mittee girl >^,,^<

Oh my..here we go again, no job...Sighing allot..

Julia C
star
Julia C  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Nevada USA
Member since 7/1/07
Send Message

Date: 1/19/12 10:33 PM

Evacuations are now up to 10,000. I have been off on vacation so wasn't stuck in Reno. A friend who lives in Washoe Valley about a mile from where the fire started was also off. She evacuated about 4 with her dogs to Carson City as the smoke was getting heavy behind her house. She was happy she called in today or her mom & dogs would have been home alone when the fire started & neither of us have taken the back road into her valley.

threaddy
star
threaddy  Friend of PR
Advanced
Wyoming USA
Member since 4/22/09
Send Message

Date: 1/19/12 10:46 PM

Oh yuck! The fires that affected Santa Fe, Albuquerque all summer were awful. There is that orange glow and smell..it is depressing. Too early for fires! At least there is some time to get ready?

------
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." Theodore Rubin
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life's about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
Dan 9:24-27

Bernina vintage and computerized, Bernina and BL sergers , BLcoverstitch (a stray Pfaff and Viking followed me home too)

mastdenman
star
mastdenman  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 1/12/04
Send Message

Date: 1/19/12 10:52 PM

I'm sorry to hear that fires are starting already this year.

------
Marilyn

January 2009 to January 2010 81 yards out and 71yards in January 2010 to the present 106.7 yards out and 146.5 yards in. January 2011 to the present: 47 yards out and 69 yards in.

Julia C
star
Julia C  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Nevada USA
Member since 7/1/07
Send Message

Date: 1/19/12 11:30 PM

this fire started about 1230. due to the wind,it spread very rapidly. We really did not have many fires this summer. We do not normally have fires this time of the year. It is usually snowy. I will update in the morning if I can get to work without a major detour. The main north-south highway is closed at present. I heard the flames jumped it a couple of places. A large stable burned but all the horses evacuated safely.

MarthaA24
MarthaA24  Friend of PR
Advanced
California USA
Member since 4/4/08
Send Message

In reply to Julia C

Date: 1/19/12 11:52 PM

So sorry to about the fire.
Prayers going out to all in Nevada who are dealing with this fire.
I hope it can soon be brought under control and the winds don't start up again.
Huge fires like that are very scary to have come anywhere near where one lives. Plus when the winds are high, fires like that are so dangerous because really nothing can stop them. Plus the fire will go wherever the fire sends it. The wind changes course, the fire changes course.

A couple of years ago there were 3 huge wild fires in the span of just over a year in the general area that I live. With one of them I could see the fire from my house, but fortunately it never got too close. A few sleepless nights though.
Many years ago when we lived in a different part of the city, the only thing that saved the house from that wild fire is that the wind stopped or else it would have burnt right through the city. That fire came within 2 blocks of the house.I hope never to live though that experience again.

For all those living anywhere near this fire have my sympathies and prayers.

------
Martha

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Prayers needed

Merchants on PR

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

Gwyn Hug

Fabric Shopping Help!
Deals!

Style Arc sewing dress patterns

Patterns That Fit
Web site

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Register

Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics

Register

Sew Liberated Aida Top Pattern

Sew Liberated Aida Top Pattern

Buy Now
SewBaby Snap Happy Diaper Covers Pattern

SewBaby Snap Happy Diaper Covers Pattern

Buy Now
Self Drafted Pattern 97002-1000

photo
by: Sharonspil...

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.